Victorious will be next...

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Victorious will be next...

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:Tree, there seems to be something wrong with the map. I can't view it and when I download it, it comes out as corrupted.

R-
Yeah, for some reason its coming up as a 0 bytes file. Guess a new map will need to be made.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Based on my last 2 evenings, I've thought of a power for Miss Alexandra Matthews - Asklepios ;

TENS - the power to cause muscles to tense and spasm and nerves become ineffective - a con base entangle power, that stops the targets ability to function, move, or if focused on the neck - the target is unable to talk has difficulty breathing and causes the embarrassment of uncontrolled drooling ... the residual effects can last up to 30 min after the TENS entangle power is halted

I'm not sure if she has a direct attack power, but that is one a healer could have based on real life medicine

& Yes, my back and neck went out at work on Tuesday, and for the last 2 nights I had to TENS my neck and back for about an hour ... & it is sad / funny that my girls thought it funny that with it on my neck my R arm was drawn up like a chicken wing, my face twitched and pulsed with the shock (I didn't feel it though) and I gasped and drooled (not uncontrollably, but drool is drool and it is always funny)
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, my wife has had a tens unit for close to 10 years now.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

One of my wife Liz's characters (Anodyne in the Phantasmagoria book) has a similar power. Its mesmerism, but only controls the physical body of the victim. She can't control minds, but the body performs any actions she wishes or can suffer pain at command. She doesn't know about the latter power yet, but it was a goal of Liz's upon higher level. :)

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

RhiannonMM
Ungern

Post by RhiannonMM »

Lurker wrote:Based on my last 2 evenings, I've thought of a power for Miss Alexandra Matthews - Asklepios ;

TENS - the power to cause muscles to tense and spasm and nerves become ineffective - a con base entangle power, that stops the targets ability to function, move, or if focused on the neck - the target is unable to talk has difficulty breathing and causes the embarrassment of uncontrolled drooling ... the residual effects can last up to 30 min after the TENS entangle power is halted

I'm not sure if she has a direct attack power, but that is one a healer could have based on real life medicine

& Yes, my back and neck went out at work on Tuesday, and for the last 2 nights I had to TENS my neck and back for about an hour ... & it is sad / funny that my girls thought it funny that with it on my neck my R arm was drawn up like a chicken wing, my face twitched and pulsed with the shock (I didn't feel it though) and I gasped and drooled (not uncontrollably, but drool is drool and it is always funny)
I will definitely think about gaining it in the future! It would be nice to have a less damaging ability than the offensive one I presently have. I would still have to touch them for it to take effect, unless I plan to tie my range into chaining with objects or structures I eventually imagine on being able to effect with my resonance imaging.

Obviously several levels away, but it would be awesome to basically touch a building and be able to have an image of it in my mind and where the perpetrators are and use Tens on them even just one at a time. As we level, and depending on ow the rest of the party levels their characters will determine how I build and invest in my character so that it fits with the scope of powers in the group and as an equal team member.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Be aware that there is a story thread of our game in the Crusades forum, and 3 of our group have already contributed their perspectives. I recommend everyone read them, and feel free to contribute your own perspectives, in character, of course.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

RhiannonMM wrote:
I will definitely think about gaining it in the future! It would be nice to have a less damaging ability than the offensive one I presently have. I would still have to touch them for it to take effect, unless I plan to tie my range into chaining with objects or structures I eventually imagine on being able to effect with my resonance imaging.

Obviously several levels away, but it would be awesome to basically touch a building and be able to have an image of it in my mind and where the perpetrators are and use Tens on them even just one at a time. As we level, and depending on ow the rest of the party levels their characters will determine how I build and invest in my character so that it fits with the scope of powers in the group and as an equal team member.
I meant it as a joke aimed at myself at first, but thinking about it, it is a good attack for a healer type. It is in the purview of your power/skill set. effecting the muscles and nerves. Yeah, at first it could require a touch attack to initiate the attack. But eventually ...

With your 'imaging' power, I had a similar idea on my earth elemental character. Touching a building and feeling the vibrations through the stone earth etc, and being less effective in wood construction houses. You could narrate it (after a few levels of development) as imaging and sensing the life forces of the people in the house. For imaging the house itself, does you imaging require living flesh, organic material, or can you scan anything ?
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I may be late to the game. Yesterday, I didn't get all the welding done on the trailer my cousin he helping me fix . If we can get some time after I get home from work Monday, we will try and knock out a bit more.

We can't work past sunset, but I will need to show and clean up ... I'll be in the game asap.

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:I may be late to the game. Yesterday, I didn't get all the welding done on the trailer my cousin he helping me fix . If we can get some time after I get home from work Monday, we will try and knock out a bit more.

We can't work past sunset, but I will need to show and clean up ... I'll be in the game asap.
OK. If your not too late you probably won't miss much, if anything.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:
Lurker wrote:I may be late to the game. Yesterday, I didn't get all the welding done on the trailer my cousin he helping me fix . If we can get some time after I get home from work Monday, we will try and knock out a bit more.

OK. If your not too late you probably won't miss much, if anything.
Never mind, ... plan changed so no welding and cutting and grinding for me tonight. I'll be here on time

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

If you can sign on early, please do so. I want to inform you about where we are going with the Alternate Earth history, and give you back ground as to why, and also get your thoughts on it all.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Don't forget to keep an eye on the "Crusades" forum to see if anyone adds further character perspectives, and feel free to add your own. It helps all of us keep track, and it helps inspire me with story ideas.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I updated my backstory. I added the name of the American that bought Damon from Shultz. One "Dr." Josiah Krupp.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:I updated my backstory. I added the name of the American that bought Damon from Shultz. One "Dr." Josiah Krupp.

R-

Cool. Flesh out your back ground as much as you like. No telling what will inspire me to turn something into a story line...

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Fun game last night. Loved the 'running international spy joke' we had going there for a while.

Also great role playing between the healers the father and then the walking blue plush toy that showed up and knocked on the door.

NOW I want to see how Tree gets the 2 groups of us, and the French outlier, onto the same path !

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:Fun game last night. Loved the 'running international spy joke' we had going there for a while.

Also great role playing between the healers the father and then the walking blue plush toy that showed up and knocked on the door.

NOW I want to see how Tree gets the 2 groups of us, and the French outlier, onto the same path !
That should be easy enough. Bloody, but easy.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Copied from the Crusades forum story thread:

Edit to the over all game. The General is General Alcide Rodin, and he is French, not German or English. Completely my mistake, and I should have remembered since it makes far more sense for him to be French in the over all diplomatic scheme of things.

I ended up choosing his name at pretty much random, so if there is such a general of that name in actual history, its completely by accident on my part.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I just want to say thank you to those of you doing character write ups. It really helps clarify things for me when I see the various ways you all "see" how events unfolded and where your wondering if events are heading a certain way, etc... Its a big help. Plus just fun for me to read.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

FLASH50 sale at the TLG website. I ordered additional physical copies of the Victorious supplements. as well as a copy of the AA Powers book, since its claimed they should be compatible with Victorious, and I own and like AA too. In fact, whenever we wrap up this campaign, I have been thinking of doing an AA Cthulhu flavored campaign for us.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:
... and I own and like AA too. In fact, whenever we wrap up this campaign, I have been thinking of doing an AA Cthulhu flavored campaign for us.
Interesting ... As I've said before, I'm more of a Poe guy, but I'm in and ready to kill unspeakable evil and do my best to stay sane !!!

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Anyone NOT making it, or going to possibly be late?

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:Anyone NOT making it, or going to possibly be late?
I'm in and ready (after my shower) I'll be there

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Good session last night! FINALLY the group is all together under one roof, and now we get to see who was behind the bomb. Or will we? Guess we will have to see how many more Nat "1" Roll 20 has in store for us!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Something I have been thinking on clarifying a bit. Using disadvantages to gain additional powers.

As long as they are used in a credible character back story manner, and not as a "power build" to make as OP of a character as you can at first level, I am fine with using however many you need to get enough powers and/or skills to make your character fit your concept as much as possible at first level. Just remember you get additional powers at each level attained, and depending on your chosen "handicaps" you may have to use those future power ranks to buy them off, or I may let you buy them off in game over the course of months or years in campaign time. This will have to be decided upon on a individual basis.

So ideally you would start with as few Disadvantages as you can, but at least select them knowing you may want to buy them off later, which will in turn take longer to get to where you may ultimately want to be with your character.

Plus, also remember to take into account the more powers you start with, the longer your going to take to gain levels.

So there are significant trade offs to consider to get your concept now versus at a later level, as well as how fast your going to level if you start off with fewer powers versus more powers.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Well put, and its one of the reasons the rules initially limited non-combat specific shortcomings to 1 per type. This is a good middle road IMO between low-powers and Super-Mega heroes. :)

Speaking of which, I may run Jean-Claude through another slight modification but I'll ping you about it later...

Mike

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:
... Guess we will have to see how many more Nat "1" Roll 20 has in store for us!
Speaking of that and disadvantages, is there one for 'roll 20 hates you and gives you an impossible amount of 1s, and most of the rolls that are not 1s will be <5 ....

All joking aside, great game last night ! & yes, it is good to have everyone together and not need to do long cut scenes between us.

Now time to hunt some Turks

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:Now time to hunt some Turks
Turks? Why Turks? I would think you would go after whomever was behind the bomb.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:
Lurker wrote:Now time to hunt some Turks
Turks? Why Turks? I would think you would go after whomever was behind the bomb.

& I have decided they are Turks ;)

C&C Society

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Besides, even if it wasn't Turks who actually threw the bomb.... I'm sure a good Englishman would realize the Turks are guilty of SOMETHING, right? ;)

Mike

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

DMMike wrote:Besides, even if it wasn't Turks who actually threw the bomb.... I'm sure a good Englishman would realize the Turks are guilty of SOMETHING, right? ;)

Mike

Rgr that , especially when you read the intro to my write up this week and know my character's background.

C&C Society