Adventures for use with Codex Celtarum

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Obadiah
Mist Elf

Adventures for use with Codex Celtarum

Post by Obadiah »

I just purchased the Codex Celtarum on a whim and really love it thus far (still reading). It seems that the adventre "The Crimson Pact" is designed for use with this Codex. Are there others? What are they?
I used to have a signature, but now I don't...

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Adventures for use with Codex Celtarum

Post by Treebore »

Nothing I am aware of was written specifically for use with any of the Codex's. Any of the adventures by the Codex author published by TLG, of which there are at least 3, are your most likely bets for easy compatibility.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

The Nine Worlds Saga series seems like it might be a good fit for it, the German and Norse Codices as well.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I seem to remember a series of 3 adventures written for the Codex Celtarum during the Kickstarter, though that could have been for Codex Germania. Hmm.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

serleran wrote:The Nine Worlds Saga series seems like it might be a good fit for it, the German and Norse Codices as well.
This is the series by Brian that I was referring to.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

I think all of the F series of modules (F1-F5) are Celtic flavored. There's also Night of the Spirits:

http://www.trolllord.com/tlgstore/#!/Ad ... ort=normal

Obadiah
Mist Elf

Post by Obadiah »

Awesome, thanks.

I have been in the process of converting across characters from AD&D 2e, and those characters have in the past come from Forgotten Realms (I have some source books on the Realms from back in the 90s), plus I have been planning to use a few modules from the old AD&D. Just pondering on the possibilities of using the realms as one of the "other worlds" that are accessible from the Celtic setting. (So perhaps starting to merge the two setting together a little). Interested in your thoughts/suggestions on this also.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Treebore wrote:
serleran wrote:The Nine Worlds Saga series seems like it might be a good fit for it, the German and Norse Codices as well.
This is the series by Brian that I was referring to.
OK.

I didn't check authorship and cannot say I have even read them. I assumed, based on the titles, they might be useful for the Codex stuff. Someone with experience with them could say better.

Mordekai82
Mist Elf

Post by Mordekai82 »

I think the adventure called To Kill a King is specially suited for the Codex Celtarum background!

Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc

Post by Celticgamer »

All of the 'F' Series is meant for the 'Codex Celtarum', 1st and future 2nd Editions actually, plus I have about four to five more modules ready-to-go for publication. I am just waiting for them to be next in line. They have been written for a few years now. I am happy you like the 1st Edition, but the 2nd will blow you away!

Obadiah
Mist Elf

Post by Obadiah »

Thanks Celticgamer. The book is a wonderful piece of work. I am no scholar in Celtic myth but have been pondering on a number of possibilities for campaigns in this space - say for example the Dark Age Arthurian myth space.

Are you able to give us a little bit of insight on the possible ETAs for these new publications? And what is likely to be new in the 2nd edition Codex?

Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc

Post by Celticgamer »

Obadiah wrote:Thanks Celticgamer. The book is a wonderful piece of work. I am no scholar in Celtic myth but have been pondering on a number of possibilities for campaigns in this space - say for example the Dark Age Arthurian myth space.

Are you able to give us a little bit of insight on the possible ETAs for these new publications? And what is likely to be new in the 2nd edition Codex?
I wish I knew how long it will be before the new books will be out, but I don't really know for sure, hopefully, later this year, or early next year. The 2nd Edition will have over 90% all new material in it (and much, much larger in size) compared to the old, so it will be nothing like its original 1st Edition. I wrote the 2nd Edition the way I originally first envisioned it finally!

Mordekai82
Mist Elf

Post by Mordekai82 »

Mr. Young, great work with Codex Celtarum and the other codices too. Loved the Codex Germania above all, I have to say. I Hope you keep on your excellent work, and I wish to see some day a codex on egyptian, mesopotamian and levantine cultures too! My regards.

M.

Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc

Post by Celticgamer »

Mordekai82 wrote:Mr. Young, great work with Codex Celtarum and the other codices too. Loved the Codex Germania above all, I have to say. I Hope you keep on your excellent work, and I wish to see some day a codex on egyptian, mesopotamian and levantine cultures too! My regards.

M.
Thanks a million, and oddly enough I am writing on the Codex Aegyptus presently! Then onto the Codex Mesopotamia afterwards, then that will close up the Western Hemisphere before I move to Asia, where I plan to attempt to write it all in three books...I hope.

Mordekai82
Mist Elf

Post by Mordekai82 »

Great news! I'm looking forward to see Gilgamesh and Enkidu!!!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Ancient Mesopotamia (modern day - Iran, Iraq & southern Turkey) are located in Asia!

;)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Mordekai82
Mist Elf

Post by Mordekai82 »

Rhuvein wrote:Ancient Mesopotamia (modern day - Iran, Iraq & southern Turkey) are located in Asia!

;)
And most of Europe belongs to the Eastern Hemisphere!!!