New adventurers = new crusaders

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
jdizzy001
Ulthal

New adventurers = new crusaders

Post by jdizzy001 »

I sat down for the first time in a long time, and to boot it was with brand new role players! Oh yes, 2 new initiates for the crusade! We rolled up 3 new characters and played a quick rescue the princess scenario. The party was made up of an elf wizard with an average state array, a half-orc barbarian who managed to roll up an 18 str, in addition to a pretty good stat array, and a knight (my character) who managed a below average stat array. He had one stat modifier and that was a -1 to his intelligence. It is sad to think that I can't even use my class abilities. He may suddenly morph into a fighter so I can provide something to the party other than a less than mediocre sword-arm. That aside, it was a lot of fun. The barbarian, as expected, tore the goblins to shreds, the wizard creatively used ghost sound to redirect a goblin during the chase scene and turn a non-prime skill roll aimed at himself into a non-prime saving roll aimed at the goblin (which is probably one of my favorite aspects of CnC. The only limit is your creativity). The knight, who I dubbed Sir Notso Goode, even got a few kills under his belt. All in all, it was a great night with some adventurers who are hungry for more!

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Re: New adventurers = new crusaders

Post by Captain_K »

go go go, have at it!
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Excellente, jdizzy!

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

JohnD
Ungern

Post by JohnD »

Play the story not the stats.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Dude, I need more photos of you fine painted mini's for the next Domesday (well I should say Morty will want them too). Plus.. you got any Zombies of odd types? Do you take painting requests or paint on commission?
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

jdizzy001
Ulthal

Post by jdizzy001 »

Of course I paint on commission! I also do requests as sometimes I don't know what to paint next. If you are looking for something specific PM me and we can set something up. Additionally, what kind of zombies are you looking for? I have zombies from the first run of Reaper bones. But, I am in an internship right now so I really only have time on the weekends to do any kind of painting so I need lots of head way to complete projects right now. My average time per week to paint used to be 10-15 hours. Right now I am averaging 3 hours per week.

jdizzy001
Ulthal

Post by jdizzy001 »

My new group has a few sessions under their belt now and I must say (and I've said it a hundred times). I absolutely love the SIEGE engine. CnC is by far my favorite D20 iteration. It strikes such a great balance between mechanics and narrative. If you've been trolling around and can't decide if you want to join the crusade, don't hesitate. This system is everything a streamlined RPG should be. It affords maximum flex without compromising integrity, it optimizes story by putting mechanics in the back seat without becoming a loosey-goosey do what you want kind of system, and above all, it is so much fun! That being said, if you like crunchy number games, this is not the system for you. The numbers here are few but each one counts for something. Thank you troll lords!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Thats what it is to me as well. Only RPG I have played so much, and still stuck with it for so long. Running Victorious right now. My daughter likes it so much she started running it (Victorious) for her friends this past Friday.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Spade Marlowe
Ungern

Post by Spade Marlowe »

I'm currently running a C&C campaign for my wife and daughter. My wife, who is not a gamer, actually requests that we play whenever we have the chance. The system is so easy to use to keep them engaged with the game - I never have to take 5 minutes to look up a rule or roll up stats for a monster.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Great news to hear j-dizz. And yet another great reason C&C and it's task resolution system shines. Crusade on!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

I also love that it can be seamlessly integrated with any of the retro-clones or older versions of D&D. Thus far our group has played 1st edition AD&D modules and C&C modules. We have an OSRIC adventure on tap next and both Labyrinth Lord and Swords & Wizardry adventures down the road. And I've easily converted monsters from all those systems (and 5E) for things I write myself. Very flexible and plays fast, especially with people with 1st edition experience.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....