AD&D MM

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

AD&D MM

Post by Captain_K »

Some time ago someone asked about the Su Monster... So I took a stab at writing it up, Psionics and all... it should be surfacing in a Domesday soon.

Questions:
1) What other ADD MM monsters still need to be ported over to C&C? Possibly we can each tackle one.
2) On the Psionics end has anyone attempted that in CnC? My old hang up with it in ADD was too few PCs had the power and it was too random even when we made a whole group of Psionics PCs... the weak got trashed. Those monsters killed you.
3) Anyone try to turn Psionics "abilities" into CnC abilities &/or magical affects?

Thanks, Capt' K
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: AD&D MM

Post by Rigon »

I did a "Book of the Mind" adaptation of 2e Psioncs. It can be found in my Whatnots link.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I am personally through with posting material; gave it one last shot but now fully know my proper place is not in anything that extends outside my game table. But, that said, I have not had an opportunity to compare Classic Monsters vs. AD&D to see what was "left out" except, of course, those which are prevented by name (which does not necessarily exclude a revision/re-imagination.) So I don't have an answer for #1.

Regarding #2, as Rigon mentioned, he did the entire (or close to it) AD&D 2nd edition stuff to C&C; Jason Vey also once, as I recall, made a psionic class. Looks like it is still available: http://www.grey-elf.com/candc/psionics.pdf -- there may have been more, but these are the ones that stand out in my memory.

#3 is based on #2 so the answer is mostly the same. I do know I have posited methods for it before, but never actually developed (or provided) a means for such except for my Ruins and Radiation game which will never see the daylight.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Thanks folks, good suggestions, I've seen tables of creatures, but I'm not sure I've seen cross ref table of ADD 1st edition MM and where each one is found, or second, or 3rd or 3.5, etc.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.