?My "damaged" AA Leatherettes arrived...

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
Treebore
Mogrl

?My "damaged" AA Leatherettes arrived...

Post by Treebore »

Look horribly damaged, don't they?

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

serleran
Mogrl

Re: ?My "damaged" AA Leatherettes arrived...

Post by serleran »

They don't look like they have any pages.

That would be seriously damaged.

I'm sure they're not.

RunningLaser
Mist Elf

Post by RunningLaser »

Very nice!

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

The books look awesome. The guy holding the books looks damaged. :lol:
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

finarvyn wrote:The books look awesome. The guy holding the books looks damaged. :lol:
You know, I told my wife almost the exact same thing!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

finarvyn wrote:The books look awesome. The guy holding the books looks damaged. :lol:

You beat me to it !!!!

& that is why you all will never see a picture of me !!!!

That said, great looking books you have there.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Glad you like them! I've never been so excited in my life as I was to hold leather-bound books of a game line that I wrote.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Should've gotten those. They're pretty damned nice.

old school gamer
Red Cap

Post by old school gamer »

Are they still available?

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

It doesn't look like it, but you could email Steve ([email protected]) and ask.

Morwen
Henchman

Post by Morwen »

What!!? I hope these are going to be available to the general public at some point! ☺
Tess
West Side Dragon Jousters

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Morwen wrote:What!!? I hope these are going to be available to the general public at some point! ☺
Hi, Morwen,

They were a limited availability like all of our leathers. They were the top tier pledge for the Kickstarter, but Steve always prints some extras for public sale after the KS is over (one great thing about TLG--we don't REALLY do "kickstarter exclusives"; we try to make almost everything available in some fashion). I do believe, however, that the Amazing Adventures leathers are sold out. I'll check with Steve and make sure, though.

There's little doubt that when we do the next printing of AA (which I am hoping will include some interesting surprises and upgrades), there will also be new leathers available as a Kickstarter pledge for it.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Jason Vey wrote: There's little doubt that when we do the next printing of AA (which I am hoping will include some interesting surprises and upgrades),

I hope that kind of material will be available in a separate book, because otherwise your effectively doing a new edition, and I got tired of that with WOTC and other companies. I don't care if you do put it in the new editions, I am just saying, if that is the plan, also plan for those of us who won't buy a new edition to still be able to get our hands on the material, even if only as a PDF.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Treebore wrote:
Jason Vey wrote: There's little doubt that when we do the next printing of AA (which I am hoping will include some interesting surprises and upgrades),
I hope that kind of material will be available in a separate book, because otherwise your effectively doing a new edition, and I got tired of that with WOTC and other companies. I don't care if you do put it in the new editions, I am just saying, if that is the plan, also plan for those of us who won't buy a new edition to still be able to get our hands on the material, even if only as a PDF.
A new edition would imply that your old books would no longer work. Expanding a book with new material is not a new edition; it's just a reason to upgrade, but if you choose not to, that won't invalidate using your existing book. See the current compiled M&T for C&C. We expanded AA from first to second printing, and many versions of the C&C PHB have had corrections and upgrades.

With that in mind, the call whether to make any brand new material available to those with existing books won't be my call; it'll be the higher-ups.

Now, all that being said, fear not. That's not really the kinds of upgrades and surprises I'm talking about. You'll see. ;).

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Jason Vey wrote:

Now, all that being said, fear not. That's not really the kinds of upgrades and surprises I'm talking about. You'll see. ;).
OK, good!