Some Castle Keeper help....

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Alto Banor
Ungern

Some Castle Keeper help....

Post by Alto Banor »

It has been a few years since I visited the site and I apologize for not finishing the Castle Keeper tool that I was working on. I got a bit TOO ambitious trying to create the next big thing and it derailed the project. Over the 2017 holidays, I ran across the site and .... got inspired. So, I created a slim down version of the Castle Keeper tool. The character, race, and spells have been removed and only the basics are there. It IS a little out of date. I realized that after I was finished. I will go back and update it to include the more recent editions. The link below will connect to my Google Drive. A Mac and PC version has been created. An iPad version will be out as soon as I get my Apple Developer license renewed ($100).

I have NOT tested the PC version. It should work fine. As before, the application was created using Adobe Animate. It does NOT use the Flash Browser plugin on your computer because it is built into the application. In the future, I plan to create Adobe Air applications which will have a certificate attached. (It will look more professional)

Constructive criticism is encouraged. If another helper app has been created that makes this obsolete, let me know.

Thanks,

Alto Banor

Castle Keeper Tool (Google Drive)
There's a fine line between being on the leading edge and being in the lunatic fringe
-- Frank Armstrong

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Some Castle Keeper help....

Post by Treebore »

I've DLed it, I will hopefully have time to play around with it this evening.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Alto Banor
Ungern

Post by Alto Banor »

Don't be shy..... DOWNLOAD IT!! :lol: (I need the feedback)
There's a fine line between being on the leading edge and being in the lunatic fringe
-- Frank Armstrong

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Can you explain what it does?
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Alto Banor
Ungern

Post by Alto Banor »

It's more of quick reference guide for Combat, Weapons, Armor and Saving Throw tables plus other stuff that a DM can reference during a game. It was based on a document that was created in the early days of Castles and Crusades. Just click on one of the wooden planks and it will give the appropriate reference material.

Alto
-- Frank Armstrong

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Thanks, I'll give it a look
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

FINALLY got it to work! (Anti Virus problem, not your program) Looks very handy! I'll try using it as a player in Rigon's game tonight.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

You have Chain Mail at base AC of 5, its 6.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I found it handier than most DM screens. Only things I'd like to see is at least Class XP charts. Ideally, I'd like to see you do with this what the Trolls tried to do with the online helper. Being completely DL able would be awesome.

Alto Banor
Ungern

Post by Alto Banor »

I actually found more than a few errors when I started to go through the 6th edition PHB. Mostly I noticed that the tables have expanded since I began this. That shouldn't be too much of a problem. I can look at adding the Class XP charts after error fixes.

Alto

P.S. The error was in my application... not the PHB. :)
-- Frank Armstrong