Gary Con X

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Gary Con X

Post by Buttmonkey »

Treebore wrote:We should keep a time slot open for a board members only game. Maybe Friday morning?
I'm in, although it looks like Friday morning isn't a good time since Zombie Boy is running an on-grid event at 10 am.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

It's a scattered affair with game cons, but off-grid open gaming will always been hit-or-miss. Though some of the best games I have played at GaryCon in the past 4 years or so were actually off-grid. I've got free time on Wednesday afternoon, Thursday night, or Saturday after 4pm to join any open games.

I just can't quite commit to running anything (yet).

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Well, if this year doesn't work out for everyone, I am suggesting we, in future years, reserve, say, Saturday morning for a board member game.
I currently am not signed up for anything, because everything I had an interest in was already full by the time I did my late sign up.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

My first event on Saturday isn't until 1 pm.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Whoops. Turns out I do have a Saturday morning event.

T1Hound
Hlobane Orc

Post by T1Hound »

FrankenParty is happening

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Ancalagon wrote:
nwelte1 wrote:I will be at Gary Con. Looking to join a few sessions.
There are two slots open in my Friday session starting @ 10 AM; see above for details.
One slot remains for my Friday morning session in case anyone is still looking for some C&C goodness.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

OK, Crusaders! The time is nearly upon us. I'm flying out tomorrow and should hit Lake Geneva in the early evening. Looking forward to the gaming goodness and meeting folks! 8-)

Safe travels, everyone!
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Ancalagon wrote:OK, Crusaders! The time is nearly upon us. I'm flying out tomorrow and should hit Lake Geneva in the early evening. Looking forward to the gaming goodness and meeting folks! 8-)

Safe travels, everyone!
Wish I could attend this year. Next year, maybe... Have fun!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

maximus wrote:
Ancalagon wrote:OK, Crusaders! The time is nearly upon us. I'm flying out tomorrow and should hit Lake Geneva in the early evening. Looking forward to the gaming goodness and meeting folks! 8-)

Safe travels, everyone!
Wish I could attend this year. Next year, maybe... Have fun!
I'm with Max.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I'm hitting the road in less than an hour. Try to survive without me on the boards for a few days.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'll get there around 2 PM Thursday. I'm running an off grid Traveller game Saturday after 8 PM if any of you can make it.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Gary Con X was fantastic. I played C&C in Ancalagon's and Steve's games and got to play Amazing Adventures with Jason Vey. I met a bunch of posters I hadn't met before including Omote, Treebore, and Cloak & Dagger. I know I met at least one other, but I'm blanking on the screen name at the moment. Can't wait for Mach 2019.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Definitely a great time. Got to play in 4 C&C games, an AD&D playtest of all things (IKR?!), and a AS&SH game. Played a ton of Alien Deckbuilder which is just the best. I picked Steven Chenault's brain on some deep Aihrde knowledge regarding migratory patterns of the old peoples of the world -- then got my mind blown by Jason Vey and Steve about the the cosmology of TLG's settings. Got to hang with old friends, and make a few new ones. The Party Muchacho made an appearance on Saturday night as well (Thanks?). Saw some big time celebs and a minor one, and tipped back probably one too many Spotted Cows (and Jameo, and Vodkomade!) during the week. Probably one of the greatest small(ish) gaming cons of all time, and by far the best D&D convention of all time.

Great to meet you BMonkey! As well as Andy McD (whom I can't remember his online identity), and T1Hound was a blast to bounce ideas and D&D themes and play styles off of. Great to see Treebore again and looking great too, bro!

I hope to do it again next year. Maybe even run a game or two. Maybe.

~O

EDIT PS: I can't believe I forgot to mention Ancalagon! I got to play in his Hool Marshes C&C game and it totally rocked!
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Our living in St Louis is definitely going to make it much more likely I will make it every year, thats for sure. Remember, next year we need to set aside a time slot to run a Forum members game.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Omote wrote: Great to see Treebore again and looking great too, bro!

~O
I've actually been slacking due to... issues. So thanks! Glad I finally got to introduce you to my wife.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

GCX just flew by! Had a great time as evidenced by still trying to catch up on sleep. :lol:

I had a blast with my first attempts at running C&C at a convention and thoroughly enjoyed gaming with Buttmonkey and Omote. Hope we can sling dice together at future Gary Cons, gentlemen! Also got to put a face with the name Treebore - it was nice to meet you.

GCXI is a year away but its not too early to start rolling around ideas for what to run, right? ;)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I can't believe I forgot to mention Ancalagon in my above post! I got to play in his Hool Marshes C&C game and it totally rocked! Definitely looking forward to GCXI and playing more C&C with the dedicated Crusaders! On To Glory!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Thanks for the kind words for the game, good sir!
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

T1Hound
Hlobane Orc

Post by T1Hound »

Nice meeting you guys. Looking forward to GameHole and GaryCon next year.