Monday Night Kingdoms of Kalamar Game

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Monday Night Kingdoms of Kalamar Game

Post by Treebore »

maximus wrote:Not sure who's game it is this week, but I won't be able to attend as I'm traveling all week for work. Sarosious' character sheet is up to date. Have fun!
Last week was supposed to be Victorious, then Rigon, but then he couldn't make it. So that means tonight should be Rigon's game, if not, then Lurkers Victorious one off. Then again, if Mike S. can make that, I can do a Victorious make up session. It should be Rigon's game, though.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

OK, I definitely can't run a game tonight, disability issues have flared up. If Rigon or Lurker runs, I think I will be able to play, just I will be muted most of the time, most likely.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

chainmail +1
med shield +2
spear +3
bst swd+1
Potion of Heal
lng swd +1
plate +1
med shield +1
lng swd +2
Potion of CSW (3d8)
mace +1
Scroll: CSW (3d8), Hold Person, CLW (1d8)
Bracers of Armor +5
RoP +2
Scroll: MM x2 (4d4+4), Fireball (8d6)
Marbuul’s Spellbook:
0: All
1st: Alter Size, Burn Hands, Magic Missle, Pro f/Good, Sleep, Read Magic, Feather Fall, Charm, Hold Portal, Identify, Shield, Shocking Grasp
2nd: Invisibility, Mirror Image, Ray o’ Feeble, See Invisibility, Knock, Locate Object, Magic Mouth, Rope Trick, Shatter, Web
3rd: Blink, Dispel Magic, Lightning Bolt, Fireball, Fly, Nondetection, Tiny Hut
4th: Ice Storm, Mnemonic Enhancer, Arcane Eye, Remove Curse, Detect Scrying
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Have to say, Sirosis was kick butt last night! Giving the beat down to those hobs! Beating on the leaders! Nat 20's and everything! Its like he was a new person!

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:Have to say, Sirosis was kick butt last night! Giving the beat down to those hobs! Beating on the leaders! Nat 20's and everything! Its like he was a new person!
Or with new rolls :lol:

Yeah good game last night, good fight, good working together - even without a plan -, and good to know what it feels like to not be held in the big fight :mrgreen:
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Ok, I know you guys are having fun with these characters and this campaign, and I am too. But we are starting to get to the level where I like to end campaigns (it could end in the next month or the next year). So we may want to start thinking about what comes next. If we do C&C again, I would do a home brew that has been rolling around in the back of my head for the last few years. If we go 5e, I was thinking of using the Nentir Vale setting from 4e. If something else, then we would figure that out. I just wanted to give you a heads up and to get you thinking of what's next.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rgr, this is getting close to the top side of my envelope for liking to paly/run

I do like Lupa, he has to be in my top 5 favorite characters, so I will miss playing him. But with Dardo, the boots, the armor of shadows, and the ring of fire resistance and ring of blinking, he is one of the characters with the most magic items I've played . Maybe my paladin had more (well more powerful) items, but it would be close.

With that, I can say it is getting close for Lupa to hang up his hat, go home and help his family in the politics and street fighting, and see if he can get more than a kiss on the cheek from Lady Teelia Maetaal's hand maid.

Now I can see the spell slingers wanting to get more levels and cooler spells, but as a fighter type, it is now just a game of effect scale

As for what is next, You know me, I'm easy and will play almost anything

I'm good with C&C in a home brew

if it is 5e in a 4e setting, I have no experience with either, so it will be a learning experience for me

Or

if you wanted to run Star Wars Victorious I'd be in for that too ;)

But, with that much victory going on, I'd switch my one off game to keep a bit of different flavor going.

However, what does Tree want to run next ? It would be a bit much to have 2 sci fi games going.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Yeah, I thought of SWV, but I'm still hashing out how things work the way I want them too and keep going back and for with creating my own Powers/Skills/Shortcomings and just adapting the ones already done. Plus, I'd rather run fantasy over sci-fi, but will do SWV if that's what every one wants to do.

The Nentir Vale would be setting info only and the system would be 5e. I'd like to give the system a fair shake and the setting has kind of piqued my interest.

Hell, I'd like to give Adventures Dark and Deep a shake.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'm fine with either. IE all the above, including ADD. As for what I want to do next, well, a number of things, actually. Of which, the one I want to do the most depends on my newest ideas for it, so changes every few days. As for Victorious, unless someone needs to send me private messages, everyone seems to be having fun with it, so I'm intending on keeping it going for a while. I haven't ran it long enough to feel like I have mastered it. Probably because so many different power builds are possible, where as with RPG's like AA and C&C, you have fixed predefined classes. With Victorious it changes from level to level because of your freedom to define what your power is and to an extent, how it works. So I'm not sure I can ever feel like I've mastered running such a game.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Rigon wrote:Yeah, I thought of SWV, but I'm still hashing out how things work the way I want them too and keep going back and for with creating my own Powers/Skills/Shortcomings and just adapting the ones already done. Plus, I'd rather run fantasy over sci-fi, but will do SWV if that's what every one wants to do.
Not much into Star Wars but that's just me.
Rigon wrote: The Nentir Vale would be setting info only and the system would be 5e. I'd like to give the system a fair shake and the setting has kind of piqued my interest.
Yeah, I'm interested in playing at least one game of by the book 5e to see what it's like. Doesn't matter what setting as long as the PHB classes make sense in it.
Rigon wrote: Hell, I'd like to give Adventures Dark and Deep a shake.

R-
I liked running it. Players have to get used to the very regimented "these are the things you can do on your turn, and this is how long they take", especially spell casting, and need to get used to cross referencing fighting ability to a table to decide whether you hit. But compared to whatever by the book Advanced Dungeons and Dragons is (thinking of https://www.dragonsfoot.org/php4/archiv ... atchfile=0), it's easy. Just not as simple as C&C.

I have been wanting to play Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea. The two phase initiative is documented better in the 2nd edition, but I am still skeptical of it in an online game. The setting and the classes for the setting are cool though.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rigon wrote:Yeah, I thought of SWV, but I'm still hashing out how things work the way I want them too and keep going back and for with creating my own Powers/Skills/Shortcomings and just adapting the ones already done. Plus, I'd rather run fantasy over sci-fi, but will do SWV if that's what every one wants to do.

The Nentir Vale would be setting info only and the system would be 5e. I'd like to give the system a fair shake and the setting has kind of piqued my interest.

Hell, I'd like to give Adventures Dark and Deep a shake.

R-
Aergraith wrote:
Not much into Star Wars but that's just me.
Rigon wrote: The Nentir Vale would be setting info only and the system would be 5e. I'd like to give the system a fair shake and the setting has kind of piqued my interest.
Yeah, I'm interested in playing at least one game of by the book 5e to see what it's like. Doesn't matter what setting as long as the PHB classes make sense in it.
Rigon wrote: Hell, I'd like to give Adventures Dark and Deep a shake.

R-
I liked running it. Players have to get used to the very regimented "these are the things you can do on your turn, and this is how long they take", especially spell casting, and need to get used to cross referencing fighting ability to a table to decide whether you hit. But compared to whatever by the book Advanced Dungeons and Dragons is (thinking of https://www.dragonsfoot.org/php4/archiv ... atchfile=0), it's easy. Just not as simple as C&C.

I have been wanting to play Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea. The two phase initiative is documented better in the 2nd edition, but I am still skeptical of it in an online game. The setting and the classes for the setting are cool though.
So Star Victory is off the table, oh well. My loss, but not a problem, still lots of games I'd enjoy!

As for which one, I'm completely nuteral in the choice. All I hope is that if it is a new game that I don't have that someone give me a copy . at least the basic rules.
Treebore wrote:I'm fine with either. IE all the above, including ADD. As for what I want to do next, well, a number of things, actually. Of which, the one I want to do the most depends on my newest ideas for it, so changes every few days. As for Victorious, unless someone needs to send me private messages, everyone seems to be having fun with it, so I'm intending on keeping it going for a while. I haven't ran it long enough to feel like I have mastered it. Probably because so many different power builds are possible, where as with RPG's like AA and C&C, you have fixed predefined classes. With Victorious it changes from level to level because of your freedom to define what your power is and to an extent, how it works. So I'm not sure I can ever feel like I've mastered running such a game.
Rgr on not running it long enough. There is plenty of fertile ground to run yet in Chicago for Roger and the rest.

So, that leaves me running modern victory for the one offs

C&C Society

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Sounds like all good news, must have been a fun session. Sorry to have missed it. As for what's next, I'm fine with 5E in Nentir Vale or ADD.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Lurker wrote: So Star Victory is off the table, oh well. My loss, but not a problem, still lots of games I'd enjoy!
Oh, well, my opinion doesn't matter very much.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Aergraith wrote:
Lurker wrote: So Star Victory is off the table, oh well. My loss, but not a problem, still lots of games I'd enjoy!
It matters enough that we will try to play something we can all look forward to.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Aergraith wrote:
It defintily matters !

No matter what game I may or may not want to play, I want more to play any game we will all enjoy playing.

C&C Society

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Are we gaming tonight, and if so Is it this or victorious ?

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Lurker wrote:Are we gaming tonight, and if so Is it this or victorious ?
Planning on it. Supposed to be this game.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Is it this game tonight ?

I can't remember

C&C Society

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Lurker wrote:Is it this game tonight ?

I can't remember
Should be

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yep, this game. Les ran Victorious last week.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Fun game Monday, good team work in the fights, however yet again, the barbarian took my cool move in the last fight ... one of these fights the cool swashbuckler will have the first cool move before the brutish barbarian !

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:Fun game Monday, good team work in the fights, however yet again, the barbarian took my cool move in the last fight ... one of these fights the cool swashbuckler will have the first cool move before the brutish barbarian !
My gold is on the brutish barbarian.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:
Lurker wrote:Fun game Monday, good team work in the fights, however yet again, the barbarian took my cool move in the last fight ... one of these fights the cool swashbuckler will have the first cool move before the brutish barbarian !
My gold is on the brutish barbarian.

Considering the next fight will more than likely be against a vampire , I know Lupa WILL NOT be showing off !

Showing off is for a bar fight or in an orc village. Against a vamp ... bless protection from evil and doing as much damage as possible, and avoiding getting hit/level drained

C&C Society

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

You might want to hide Barlieg's toys before he is mind-controlled.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Who's game is it this week?

I can't remember if it is this one, or if it is Tree's (& if it is Tree's I assume it will be another of my 1 offs)

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:Who's game is it this week?

I can't remember if it is this one, or if it is Tree's (& if it is Tree's I assume it will be another of my 1 offs)
I think your one off last week was my normal week. I am back in St Louis, so am returning to my regular gaming schedule. So if Chuck can't run Monday, I can, if Mike can make it. Apparently he is having another emergency. Otherwise, it will be your one off again.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I thought it was Tree's turn, but could be wrong. Thinking about it, I was supposed to run my game last Monday (June 25th). So that would make this Monday (July 2) Tree's.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:I thought it was Tree's turn, but could be wrong. Thinking about it, I was supposed to run my game last Monday (June 25th). So that would make this Monday (July 2) Tree's.

R-
OK. Now all we need to know is if Mike can make it.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

This game tonight?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Yep.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads