Castles & Crusades What's Next

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Mediapig71
Skobbit

Re: Castles & Crusades What's Next

Post by Mediapig71 »

It would be great if Adventurer's Backpack included rules for swapping class abilities, like Amazing Adventures, as well as some general abilities that any class can make use of.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

It doesn't...but it's got some other cool stuff there in spades. Given that AA is fully compatible with C&C, theoretically you should be able to just use those rules straight up from there.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Captain_K wrote:Gary Con, is that the place to meet and greet every one? Going for sure next year. How can I sign up now for a game with all you folks?
I think your best bet for maximizing the number of TLG forum regulars you play with at Gary Con is to sign up for Steve's Friday night game. It will probably require use of a featured event ticket to get in, although you might be able to get a seat by walking up at game time.

This is your best chance because Steve takes on an absurd number of players. I think we had something like 26 players this year. A lot of the forum regulars were there. This was my first year playing in Steve's game. It was fun, but keep in mind there are a LOT of players. You will not get much individual attention. I spent the 4-5 hours of the game desperately trying to run from one hot spot of action to another within the game environment without ever actually reaching some place interesting. In hindsight, I would have had a much better chance of participating meaningfully if I had run in any random direction other than where things were currently happening. By the time I would get close, the situations had resolved and the action had moved to somewhere else that I couldn't reach in time either. Keep in mind that I had a lot of fun anyway.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Mediapig71
Skobbit

Post by Mediapig71 »

Regarding Adventuer's Backpack, I had two questions:

1. Will it feature any new Advantages?

2. Which should we expect to see hit stores first... AB or Tome of the Unclean?

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Mediapig71 wrote:Regarding Adventuer's Backpack, I had two questions:

1. Will it feature any new Advantages?

2. Which should we expect to see hit stores first... AB or Tome of the Unclean?
1) None that I've seen in the preliminary release.

2) My bet is on the AB first.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."