Bluffside Maps

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
JohnD
Ungern

Bluffside Maps

Post by JohnD »

I bought Bluffside on DriveThruRPG.com. I see a high level city map, but no map that actually is keyed so I have no idea where specific places are supposed to be. Am I missing something?

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Bluffside Maps

Post by alcyone »

No, that's how the product is.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

JohnD
Ungern

Post by JohnD »

Yikes. That's unfortunate. Novel concept; a city product that doesn't let you know where things are in the city.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Does seem like a reasonable expectation to have some street level maps given the description, esp. if you buy the separate map pack. Doesn't bother me because I don't want to have the characters trick or treating all over town anyway. It's nice to detail a neighborhood here or there for flavor, but even then, it's like, where do you want to go?

I remember the Waterdeep book for 3.5 being pretty detailed though with keyed locations on a very large map.

As an aside, in my home campaign maps are very rare and even of the main city only the locals know where anything is. But you can hire a linkboy and if you pay them well and find an honest one that won't deliver you into a dark alley with muggers, they'll not only take you where you want to go but help you avoid trouble, find good deals, set up meetings with fences, and help you avoid the fleabag inns. With the linkboys, I don't need to care exactly where anything is.

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

JohnD wrote:Yikes. That's unfortunate. Novel concept; a city product that doesn't let you know where things are in the city.
I should be thankful I wasn't responsible for cartography in this book. I have a copy of the d20 version in PDF, which I needed to reference while doing the editing for this book. I should be able to extract the maps from it, as the maps in the d20 version have callouts to the locations in the book, unlike the C&C version. However, if I recall correctly, C&C Bluffside is an expanded version of the original, and thus some locations that are described won't have a callout in the map.

EDIT: Bluffside District Maps (Annotated)

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Thanks, Traveller

JohnD
Ungern

Post by JohnD »

Indeed. Thank you very much!