Gary Con XI

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
weare138
Henchman

Re: Gary Con XI

Post by weare138 »

Ancalagon wrote:
weare138 wrote:Hey Ancalagon! I'm locked in on your Thursday session really looking forward to that one.
Excellent! Please introduce yourself when you reach the table. I enjoy putting faces with names of forum members. 8-)
No doubt man, the name is Craig. I have never adventured in Harn and couldn't let the opportunity slip past me. especially using the c&c ruleset! :D

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

weare138 wrote:
Ancalagon wrote:
weare138 wrote:Hey Ancalagon! I'm locked in on your Thursday session really looking forward to that one.
Excellent! Please introduce yourself when you reach the table. I enjoy putting faces with names of forum members. 8-)
No doubt man, the name is Craig. I have never adventured in Harn and couldn't let the opportunity slip past me. especially using the c&c ruleset! :D
It was a pleasure to meet you and I had a blast running my Castles & Crusades in Hârn adventure for you and the others at the table! I hope we have the opportunity to sling dice again at a future convention. 8-)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

weare138
Henchman

Post by weare138 »

That was a great one! My only problem now is keeping myself from buying all that Harn material. I didn't realize just how much stuff is out there.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Good convention, as always. Getting crazy crowded. I wonder when GaryCon heads to Milwaukee due to the increasing size?

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Luke has reportedly said he has no intention of taking the con out of Lake Geneva.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

weare138 wrote:That was a great one!
Thanks! Much appreciated. 8-)
weare138 wrote:My only problem now is keeping myself from buying all that Harn material. I didn't realize just how much stuff is out there.
Lots of great material available for Harn! When I decided to give the setting a try I just picked one of the kingdoms, Orbaal, and bought the source material for it. I've been adding to my library ever since. ;)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Buttmonkey wrote:Luke has reportedly said he has no intention of taking the con out of Lake Geneva.
He'll need to cap attendance at some point or build a parking deck to handle all the vehicles. :lol:
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

What makes it a bit sad though is that the Grand Geneva sold out of hotel rooms in less than 1 hour this year for the GaryCon 2020. That makes getting into the con more of a lottery like GenCon. I don't know about any other attendees, but this GaryCon seemed larger than ever before. Especially Sunday for some reason. The convention areas were packed to the gills on Sunday.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Me and two friends ran into Luke G. on Sunday evening. Luke said attendance was 2,922 so that explains why it was packed... and pretty noisy in the Forums and in the Westgate room in which I ran my games. Don't get me wrong, I had a good time, but I definitely noticed the noise.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

rkhigdon
Skobbit

Post by rkhigdon »

So the hotel is sold out already? Guess I'm not going again next year...

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

It reportedly sold out in 45 minutes or 2 hours depending on the report. There are other nearby hotels with a convention rate and shuttles run between the Grand Geneva and the other hotels. Staying off site is less than ideal, but it is doable.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

rkhigdon
Skobbit

Post by rkhigdon »

That may be true, but there are medical issues at play so if I can't stay onsite then I'm just not going to be able to attend.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

rkhigdon wrote:That may be true, but there are medical issues at play so if I can't stay onsite then I'm just not going to be able to attend.
That's too bad. Maybe 2021 will work out better.