What gaming stuff are you reading?

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
maximus
Lore Drake

Re: What gaming stuff are you reading?

Post by maximus »

Cool, thanks.

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

Just got The Dark Tower set from Goodman Games. It includes a hardcover reprint of the original (with AD&D stats), plus the full module and several expansions statted for DCC. Lots of great extras too, including a really nice color map, a t-shirt, and metal coins representing the key factions/cultures. Very nice package; reading the all-new intro adventure now.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

Marcus Aurelius
Mist Elf

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

The Cepheus Deluxe rule book.

A great modernization of CT and an improvement & streamlining of MgT. Will my go to for "Traveller" from now on.
All the world's a stage so play TTRPGs.

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford »

Pendragon 6e Starter Set.
I have made a character using the start of the book so far. Next up will be the solo adventure to get used to the sytem etc.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Bifford wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:08 pm
I have made a character using the start of the book so far. Next up will be the solo adventure to get used to the sytem etc.
I have always liked the idea of Pendragon, and even tried it back in the day (I think it was the 3ed or maybe 4ed version). However, the group I was playing with was tooooo set on D&D and boarder line murder hobo (before I even knew what that was), So the opposing traits and passion that drive the game was WAY outside their wheelhouse for them to give it an honest try.

Hope you have good luck with it and find a group for it !
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Been skimming over the latest Starmada rules and looking back at my Bug Hunters sourcebook for a possible conversion to C&C.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford »

Lurker wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:10 pm
Bifford wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:08 pm
I have always liked the idea of Pendragon, and even tried it back in the day (I think it was the 3ed or maybe 4ed version). However, the group I was playing with was tooooo set on D&D and boarder line murder hobo (before I even knew what that was), So the opposing traits and passion that drive the game was WAY outside their wheelhouse for them to give it an honest try.

Hope you have good luck with it and find a group for it !
My weekly group is up to play practically anything. We may never go back to it, but they will usually try something new at least once. They played C&C for 9mths over Lockdown and Fantasy Grounds Unity while I ran A0 for them. We got 2/3rds the way through before they started to vocalise their grumbling, saying I should just run the scenario in D&D5e. But at least they gave it a go, lol.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Pendragon...good times. A boar was a credible threat. lol Played 3rd ed back in early 90's.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Go0gleplex wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:31 pm
Pendragon...good times. A boar was a credible threat. lol Played 3rd ed back in early 90's.
Rgr that on a boar being a threat, I remember one adventure (or it might have been a test run on learning the system and combat) I had the party on a hunt with their lord. A boar got cornered and one player strode out thinking easy peasy (to much D&D and I can kill a giant easy ). That boar JACKED HIM UP ! Boy did he get mad ! Luckily the other PC was quick and well read "So you think your character is a greater hero than Odysseus ? He is one of the greatest Greek heroes and he had a scar his whole life from fighting a boar, so why would you be greater than he was??!!"

That kind of set the tone for the group's limited playing of it. I think I'd have liked it more, but they kept the D&D kill everything and get exp/gold mindset and kicked against the goads of the passions etc, and after a few sessions it kind of died on the vine.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Tero_thor
Skobbit

Post by Tero_thor »

I don't think I'm obsesed as some of you guys but when I'm really into a new game I try to read as much as I can about that particular game, and not just surface stuff, but niche information that the averege player wouldn't know