Rise of the Runelords (C&C Style)

Within are to be writ the tales of daring and adventure of those who have placed themselves on the path of glory. Share your exploits with other Castlers & Crusaders!
DangerDwarf
Maukling

Rise of the Runelords (C&C Style)

Post by DangerDwarf »

Alright. We got together for a session of character generation and general discussion tonight. Well be playing through the Pathfinder, Rise of the Runelords, Adventure Path.

Im wanting to try a few new things with this game, so some of the notable house rules for this campaign will be:
Primes: Humans get three prime attributes, demi-humans get two. The primes can be chosen freely and characters are not required to take a prime in an attribute generally associated with their class. This means that an elven ranger could choose WIS and DEX as primes without having to have STR as a prime.
Bonus Ability: Each character gets to chose a bonus ability. These abilities have been adapted from the bonus feats found in the Rise of the Runelords Players Guide.
Secondary Skills: The CZ: Class Options & Skills secondary skills will be used. However, they will be gained using the method Antonio posted on the board.
Multi-Classing: The multi-classing rules from CZ: Class Options & Skills will be used. No dual-classing will be allowed.
Critical Hits: Characters who roll a natural 20 to hit in combat will get to draw a card from the Critical Hit Deck and apply the results. Major NPCs and monsters will also get to utilize the Critical Hit Deck.
Sorcerer: The Sorcerer class from Colin Sez Volume 1 is an allowed class.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Characters

Post by DangerDwarf »

Here is the Party:
Taman Darkbow: Level 1, Male, Elven Fighter. Chosen the Lone Wolf special ability and is a bit roguish, possessing the Forgery secondary skill.
Suri: Level 1, Female, Halfling Rogue. Chosen the Cityborn (Riddleport) ability and possesses the Suborning Ability secondary skill.
(Cant Remember His Name : Level 1, Male, Dwarven Wizard. POssessing a Varisian tattoo and having a knack for ambushing.
Vartha: Level 1, Male, Half-Elf (Elven Lineage) Druid. Possessing the Lone Wolf ability.
Kayorina: Level 1, Female, Half-Elf (Human Lineage) Ranger. Possessing the Big Game Hunter ability.

Looks to be a pretty solid group. We plan on kicking this off next Saturday, assuming I at least have the Pathfinder PDF in my grubby little hands by then.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lets hope you do. We do.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

Good to hear, I'm waiting on Pathfinder as well, with the intent of running it as a C&C campaign. I'll be looking forward to any CJ updates.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Julian Grimm has been kind enough to allow me to keep a Pathfinder section on his Raven's Keep forums. There I'll be posting C&C conversions as they come up as well as the campaign journal as I take my group through this adventure path.

You can find the forums here.

I've posted our first session there already.

The forums will remain a work in progress as far as conversions go.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

And a very nice forum it is! Just from what you have posted on the first session I may have to get Pathfinder now!

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

I'm going to throw a few more critter conversions on their today. Goblin Dog, Sin Spawn, maybe the Sandpoint Devil.

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

Wow, that seems like a lot of gaming for one night. (The way my group works we'd be lucky to get the battle in the town square finished). Sounds like things are off to a good start, hope to hear more.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Session 2: The Catacombs of Wrath

Another night of hellafied gaming.

Rise of the Runelords is impressing my group so far.

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

Looking forward to the next update.

Brutorz Bill
Red Cap

Re: Rise of the Runelords (C&C Style)

Post by Brutorz Bill »

DangerDwarf wrote:
Alright. We got together for a session of character generation and general discussion tonight. Well be playing through the Pathfinder, Rise of the Runelords, Adventure Path.

Im wanting to try a few new things with this game, so some of the notable house rules for this campaign will be:
Critical Hits: Characters who roll a natural 20 to hit in combat will get to draw a card from the Critical Hit Deck and apply the results. Major NPCs and monsters will also get to utilize the Critical Hit Deck.
Sorcerer: The Sorcerer class from Colin Sez Volume 1 is an allowed class.

How has the Critical Hit Deck worked out for you? Do you consider it a worthwhile addition to your game?

Thanks,

Bill

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

Anything new?

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Re: Rise of the Runelords (C&C Style)

Post by DangerDwarf »

Brutorz Bill wrote:
How has the Critical Hit Deck worked out for you? Do you consider it a worthwhile addition to your game?

Thanks,

Bill

I like the critical hit deck, I just don't feel it is right for C&C. A lot of the cards gie attribute damage, which just doens't fit in with C&C to well.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Maliki wrote:
Anything new?

sadly, no. My C&C RotR game died.

I'm still running two RotR games, just not with C&C. One is using 2nd Edition and the other is Rifts.

My C&C group is currently playing a mini-campaign in the Midnight setting.

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

DangerDwarf wrote:
sadly, no. My C&C RotR game died.

I'm still running two RotR games, just not with C&C. One is using 2nd Edition and the other is Rifts.

My C&C group is currently playing a mini-campaign in the Midnight setting.

Too bad, I was enjoying the CJ. I think I'll give this a try next time I'm behind the screen.