Magdeburg?

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
Dristram

Magdeburg?

Post by Dristram »

On the heraldry page of the folio I noticed the name Magdeburg, but could not find it on the political map. And I didn't find it in the books. I would have referenced my codex but I lent it to a friend. Could it be either #28 or #33 on the political map? I say that because Augsberg is named for both of those numbers.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Magdeburg?

Post by Troll Lord »

Dristram wrote:
On the heraldry page of the folio I noticed the name Magdeburg, but could not find it on the political map. And I didn't find it in the books. I would have referenced my codex but I lent it to a friend. Could it be either #28 or #33 on the political map? I say that because Augsberg is named for both of those numbers.

Number 33 is actually Aufstrag. We'll have to fix that for future printings. 28 is Augsberg.

As for Magdeburg, that is one of the dominate towns in the Luneberg Plains. It is basically a free city, very dangerous, foul place. As is the other main city in the Luneberg, Unspt. Both are sources for freelancer thieves, mercenaries and the like.

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

Dristram

Post by Dristram »

Ah, thanks. Being a free city makes sense why I didn't find it.

Dom
Henchman

Post by Dom »

Whereabouts in the Luneberg Plains can the two cities be found?

I'm hoping to set my new campaign in one of them, and for the sake of planning local geography, resources and economy etc., it would be very helpful to know exactly where they are placed. For example, I really need to know how my adventurers would get to them e.g. local rivers.

I too have the After Winters Dark folio, but I couldn't find the info I need. A rough sketch showing their proximity to other points of interest would be perfect.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Magdeburg is centrally located on the southern borders of the Luneberg plains, just north of the Red Hills (not to be confused with the Red Hills of Hlobane). Unspt is in the far North-Eastern plains of Luneberg near the borders of the Grossewald Forrest.

This area is beutifully mapped out on the recently released Maps of Aihrde.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Dom
Henchman

Post by Dom »

Thank you Omote.

To clarify, are the far North-Eastern plains the area between the Red March and Rilthwood, West of the Upper Vdunilay River, East of the Olgdon River? I can't tell where the borders of the plains would be from the folio map.

Cheers!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Using the folio map as a guide, Magdeburg would be where the "L" is in Luneberg Plains (the bottom of the letter "L"). Unspt would be 1/2 inch east of the word Olgdon, right on the very edge of the Grossewald, south of the Red March.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Dom
Henchman

Post by Dom »

Thanks for taking the time to reply Omote, that helps a lot.

I'm going to check out the Maps of Aihrde you mentioned when I've got the dosh.

Cheers!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

No problem Dom. The big Aihrde map that TLG offers in digital format (and now in print) is very awesome. Tons of detail, and it's beautiful artwork to boot. Enjoy your adventures!

~O
VAE VICTUS!