1/2 way through the month, oh when oh when

Where players gather to discuss the setting and game!
jman5000

1/2 way through the month, oh when oh when

Post by jman5000 »

tee hee, love being able to bug someone ELSE about a release date, I just feel mean doing it to the Trolls now..

So James, when can we expect to see the first installment of goodness?

Cheers,

J.

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

Well, the way things are going I should be able to ship by the end of the month... it's going to be close, though. I might end up shipping in the first week of November. We shall see...

Believe me, no one is more eager to see this first issue go out the door than I am!

Main Man, Adventure Games Publishing
[email protected]
http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

jamesmishler wrote:
Well, the way things are going I should be able to ship by the end of the month... it's going to be close, though. I might end up shipping in the first week of November. We shall see...

Believe me, no one is more eager to see this first issue go out the door than I am!

He's been awfully quiet lately... I can't wait to see the end result!

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

jman5000

Post by jman5000 »

you and me both!!!

cheers,

J.

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

Yes, awfully quiet and terribly behind.

I'm afraid we haven't shipped, let alone gone to print yet... I'm hoping we will be able to go to print at the end of the week or early next week. Things were just more time consuming than I imagined getting things off the ground. But man oh man... wait till you see the freebies...

We are still going to have 48-page magazines, but we are moving up to 48-page Campaign Installments. There's just too much to fit in each player's guide... The price will go up to $12 MSRP on those, and the sub costs will go up as well, but if you are already subscribed, you are gold.

Here's a little taste from the World of the Wilderlands of High Adventure article...
Under Three Moons

Gaia has three moons. The closest moon is Gorm, a blue-green orb that appears to be about 2/3 the size of Earths Moon. Sages with telescopes can readily discern small continents and seas upon Gorms surface, and many speculate at the civilizations and monsters that live there. Gorm revolves around Gaia every 20 days, and rotates on its axis every 30 hours. No major gods claim to represent Gorm; sages believe this is because the gods of the peoples of the moon would never agree to a god of Gaia representing them. The fact that no gods of Gorm have ever made themselves known has little bearing on this theory. Some sages believe that Demon-Gods such as Demogorgon, Dyzan, Ktau, Mynarthitep, Orcus, Tsathoggus, Xiim-Chaasath, Xirchiriog, Yan-Thar, and Yog either are from or at least reside on Gorm. Summoners find the phases and houses of Gorm to be central in most major rituals, especially those of the Demon-Gods. Oddly, the moon is holy to many tribes of Cavemen, who hold it to be the Land of the Spirits or the Great Hunting Wood. Fey, too, hold the Blue Moon in some esteem, holding festivals when it is full and hiding in fear when it is new.

The second moon, Luna, is the largest of the moons, appearing from the surface to be the same size as Earths moon and at the same distance, and is a silvery-white color, pockmarked by grayish-blue seas and craters. Various cultures hold that different creatures can be seen in the patterns of craters and seas. Luna is in synchronous rotation with Gaia, eternally presenting the same face to its mother world during its 28-day revolution. It is the only moon of any importance to lycanthropes and, coincidently enough, the only of the three moons to appear in the Shadowlands. It is also of great importance to witches, whose powers wax and wane with the phases of Luna. Luna is held to be of importance to, controlled by, or the embodiment of various gods, including Alinah, Artemis, Nanna, Kuvartma, Nephtlys, Rhiannon, Thoth, and Yarikh.

The third moon, Ioun, has an eccentric orbit that nonetheless remains far outside that of Luna, and completes an orbit only once every 90 days. At its furthest it appears to be no larger than any of the countless stars in the sky; at its closest, it appears five times larger than the nearest planet, about the size of a thumbnail at arms length. Its coloration is seemingly random, and dances through the full spectrum by the hour or the day, sometimes into wavelengths not visible to mortal eyes. When Ioun is closest to Gaia, stars fall in profusion from the sky, and often these meteorites have Ioun stones at their core or spawn monsters through their proximity. The most powerful, unusual, and dangerous stars fall when Gorm and Luna are full or new in unison while Ioun is at perigee, a very rare occurrence. Sages believe that Ioun touches Heavens Bridge when it is furthest from Gaia, and the stars that fall are pieces of the bridge that broke off during the collision. As Ioun is often quite important in major arcane rituals, it has gained the epithet Wizards Moon, and thus is associated at times with gods of arcane wisdom and power such as Bachontoi, Dyrantil, Hercon, Myrddyn, Tar-Ark, and Vicon. This moon is also of especial interest to the elves and followers of Cilborith, for they measure their calendar by its revolutions.

Neither Gorm nor Ioun seem have any significant effect on Gaias tides; it is no mystery to the majority of the peoples of Gaia, for so has it ever been, but some sages do wonder

[email protected]

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

jamesmishler wrote:
Yes, awfully quiet and terribly behind.

I'm afraid we haven't shipped, let alone gone to print yet... I'm hoping we will be able to go to print at the end of the week or early next week. Things were just more time consuming than I imagined getting things off the ground. But man oh man... wait till you see the freebies...

We are still going to have 48-page magazines, but we are moving up to 48-page Campaign Installments. There's just too much to fit in each player's guide... The price will go up to $12 MSRP on those, and the sub costs will go up as well, but if you are already subscribed, you are gold.

I'm not worried... and that little taste you've provided is cool too. I'm happy to hear the page count for the installments is being bumped up even though that means more work. If it takes an extra week or two before this gets out the door, you won't be hearing any complaints from me!
M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Good stuff so far. Looking forward to the finished product.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lets see, how many companies do I buy stuff from who have problems meeting a schedule?

I don't think your anything new for me.
Now if your still being late after issue 3 I'll start giving you a hassle.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Yep, no worries or hurries. I know I'm going to get excellent high quality material, so I appreciate the artistic/creative delays that can happen.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

BTW, those of you on the First Year Special Subscription do NOT have to pay the November installment until after you get your first issue and decide you want to continue. I'm not going to hold you to that schedule when I can't keep up with mine!

[email protected]

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Do you have a solid date yet?

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

tacojohn4547

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Treebore wrote:
Quote:

To borrow a response from GideonThorne, "When it's done!"
Sorry - I couldn't resist.

All kidding asie, I'm really looking forward to this publication getting off the ground.

Go James go!

tacojohn4547

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

Treebore wrote:

Indeed, as TacoJohn quoth from Gideon Thorne, "When it's done!"

Here's a peek from the Knights and FEAR article...
KNIGHT ERRANT

Upon being knighted the Knight Errant is given his Iron Spurs and Lance by the Overlord (ergo the nickname of the non-noble career knights as Iron Knights), is entitled to have made a coat of arms and bear it upon his shield, and he may bear a bandorelle with his colors upon his lance. His sponsor usually gives him his horse, saddle, and tack, or buys him a newer, better horse. Other allied knights, gentlemen, and nobles usually give the new knight gifts as appropriate to their history and connections, and to the knights needs. His armor is, however, often his own responsibility, and an expensive one it is, for the cheapest armor he can wear as a knight, half plate, costs no less than 400 crowns. Plate and mail, the preferred armor for a young knight, costs 600 crowns, while the full plate of preference is a princely sum at 1,000 crowns! Having had much experience dealing with poor but worthy knights, few armor smiths are willing to front credit, leaving the knight to either seek wealth through adventure or by borrowing the money, either from wealthy friends, family, or horror of horrors, the moneylender which again leads to adventuring!

Knights errant are provided with spartan quarters, ample if simple food, and basic, inexpensive goods at the barracks on Twilight Road; they receive no other stipend or recompense. A lucky few find service with one of the Overlords nobles, and join them at their manor or keep, receiving additional fees and gifts for their service as well as the right to bear their lords badge. Many receive maintenance from family and friends. Most increase their income through adventuring, through gifts from merchants who welcome their company on long journeys, and through other, dare one say, mercenary activities. With all this they must pay for the upkeep of their horse, weapons, and armor; food, drink, and entertainment outside the barracks; upkeep for their pages and squires; and other needs.

While in the Overlords service on campaign (usually no more than three months out of the year) the knight is granted a stipend of 30 crowns per month to pay for his lance, which must include his squire, page, and two archers, all a-horse, plus additional horses (palfreys for everyday use, a hunter or courser for sport, and pack animals), a servant or three, perhaps a courtesan or whore, and so on; the knight can also requisition food, tents, and other limited goods from the Overlords Quartermaster during the campaign (all durable goods to be returned upon the completion of the campaign). The knights income is supplemented in war by a share of the loot, which must by tradition be shared out with the men in his lance, including his page and squire. Wealthier knights sponsor their additional squires as orderlies, arms bearers, and sergeants elsewhere in the Noble Army during campaign, in order to get them into battle to gain more experience (and to get a share of their share of the loot, which is theirs by right of sponsorship).

A knight errants obligations to the Overlord are simple and few. First, to uphold the Knightly Virtues and the Code of Conduct; these are identical to the list on page 27 of the Castles & Crusades Players Handbook. Second, to keep himself armed with sword and lance, armored with plate and shield, and horsed on a noble destrier. Third, to answer the Overlords Call to Arms when needed and available; if the knight errant has taken service with one of the Overlords nobles, or is otherwise engaged in other honorable duties, there is no obligation to serve (though many might wonder at what some knights errant take for honorable duties). However, usually the stipend and the sharing in the loot will be enough to bring in most knights errant not already in a nobles service. Knights errant have no right to mete high or low justice, however, they have the right to bear weapons and wear armor anywhere in the Overlords domains, save in the Overlords presence.

[email protected]

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

jamesmishler wrote:
While in the Overlords service on campaign (usually no more than three months out of the year) the knight is granted a stipend of 30 crowns per month to pay for his lance, which must include his squire, page, and two archers, all a-horse, plus additional horses (palfreys for everyday use, a hunter or courser for sport, and pack animals), a servant or three, perhaps a courtesan or whore, and so on;

Yes, that's the life for me (uhh, I mean my character).

Great write-up. Are crowns, gold crowns then? Not that it really matters, unless platinum is the standard (or is it the other way?)
Quack!

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

Rhuvein wrote:
Are crowns, gold crowns then? Not that it really matters, unless platinum is the standard (or is it the other way?)

Yup, gold pieces are crowns. Here's the quick rundown of coinage in the CSIO:
Value = Material = Name a.k.a. Nickname

1 pp = Platinum = Sovereign a.k.a. Klips

1 gp = Gold = Crown a.k.a. Viziers or Cronies

1 ep = Electrum = Noble a.k.a. Half-Crown

1 sp = Silver = Guilder a.k.a. Cardinals

1 cp = Copper = Penny a.k.a. Common

1 bp = Bronze = Farthing a.k.a. Bit

4 bp = 1 cp

40 bp = 10 cp = 1 sp

200 bp = 50 cp = 5 sp = 1 ep

400 bp = 100 cp = 10 sp = 2 ep = 1 gp

4,000 bp = 1,000 cp = 100 sp = 20 ep = 10 gp = 1 pp

You can get the complete listing of currency and major commodities in the Roglaras from here: http://www.judgesguild.com/fans/csio_coinage.pdf

That is official for the Wilderlands of High Adventure.

[email protected]

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Excellent Sir James and thanks for the info and PDF!!

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Evening all. James just called to have me let everyone know he's without computer access for a couple of days. Anyone who's been trying to contact him he said to tell them that he will return emails and catch up with any orders in a few days time. Its nothing major, just a computer glitch.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

jman5000

Post by jman5000 »

please oh please oh please oh please let there be a backup
cheers,

J.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

There is a back up, nothing was lost, no one panic. Like I said, it was a minor glitch.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach