The Western Tennesse Gnome Liberation League

Within are to be writ the tales of daring and adventure of those who have placed themselves on the path of glory. Share your exploits with other Castlers & Crusaders!
Harry Joy
Ulthal

The Western Tennesse Gnome Liberation League

Post by Harry Joy »

At some poingle evil

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Just a quick note....

Post by Treebore »

Harry Joy wrote:
At some point in the next day or so, a certain "dekster" is likely going to log on to this forum, and spin some HIGHLY improbable and half-witted tale about how my noble and generous character caused his character, his very first C&C character, to die a particularly ignoble death.

This tale will almost certainly involve the ravings of an off-kilter, becapped madman insisting that there was some fire breathing woolly mammoth going crazy in a small, tight, enclosed UNDERGROUND room, stomping things willy-nilly and trumpeting insanely as kobolds were flung right and left by the enraged behemoth's tree-like legs.

A fire-breathing woolly mammoth. Yeah. Right.

Now consider, just for a moment, that my innocent and purely benevolent character is a SECOND LEVEL rogue/wizard without so much as a single evil bone in his body. Now, how on earth could such an incredible thing happen? Truth is, it simply can't, and surely all of you must agree with that.

So when "dekster" comes around here spouting his lunacy, I kindly request that you take it easy on him, as he is a newb to C&C, and consider the possibility that "dekster" is wearing a very tight cap.

Seriously. It is a very tight cap. I think an intervention might be in order.

I will keep your warnings in mind.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

It should go without saying, but I should like to add that at NO point were a flatulent dwarf, a quiet woodsman, a blue skinned woman with a feathered mohawk, a comely gnome, or a dire weasel in any shape, form or fashion involved in "dekster's" character's demise.

I do believe at this point that it was suicide. Sad but true.

Brutorz Bill
Red Cap

Post by Brutorz Bill »

Well as the CK,

I can only say it was quite possibly the wildest, craziest gaming session I have ever been in. What a wild night!

Bill

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

What follhat type of frivolity is simply not in my nature.

My apologie

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

The gnomish liberation army has claimed its first victory against the larger oppressors through guile, wit, and the summoning of fire-breathing pachyderms! Nevermore shall you push aside the swathe of gnomish pride! Nevermore will you stand agape in wonderment as gnomes encircle, for you shall be full of the rightful dread that is prestidigitation! Come, little brethren, rise up and squash the tall!

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

serleran wrote:
The gnomish liberation army has claimed its first victory against the larger oppressors through guile, wit, and the summoning of fire-breathing pachyderms! Nevermore shall you push aside the swathe of gnomish pride! Nevermore will you stand agape in wonderment as gnomes encircle, for you shall be full of the rightful dread that is prestidigitation! Come, little brethren, rise up and squash the tall!

It should please you to no end that shortly after our party took into its protection the Gnomish Warrior Priestess Talientha, we found and emancipated yet another of the rabbit friends. Your call to arms has, in fact, inspired me to celebrate our entitlement of the yard races and rename this very thread.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Great thread!!

Gnomes will inherit the fantasy world. Heck, the Flintlockers in Aihrde have begun their recruiting and secret training!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

dekster

Post by dekster »

Harry Joy wrote:
It should please you to no end that shortly after our party took into its protection the Gnomish Warrior Priestess Talientha, we found and emancipated yet another of the rabbit friends. Your call to arms has, in fact, inspired me to celebrate our entitlement of the yard races and rename this very thread.

Yes, this poor emaciated gnome was able to to fill a nice gap in the party because of some misguided use of a wand of wonder.

2nd level rogue/wizards should not be granted such great items and this reckless (feckless?) person should have known better to use such an item below ground.

He was, however, able to convince a Druidic gnome and a flatulent dwarf that someone kobolds were able to summon a flaming wooly mammoth. The aforesaid flaming critter was able to burn and stomp to death a poor Knight/Mercenary who was trying to find a caravan master that had been taken by these crazed kobolds.

Yes, a strange and crazy adventure!

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

Spurious and unfounded lies! How d

dekster

Abyssal Oliphants

Post by dekster »

Dude....I actually laughed out loud. Thanks!

The idea of an Abyssal Oliphant, however, makes my inner gamer drool. What kind of XP do you get for that?

Brutorz Bill
Red Cap

Re: Abyssal Oliphants

Post by Brutorz Bill »

dekster wrote:
Dude....I actually laughed out loud. Thanks!

The idea of an Abyssal Oliphant, however, makes my inner gamer drool. What kind of XP do you get for that?

Oh dear....What's happened to our Campaign!

I blame the Gnomes!!

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

Here is a

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Rhuvein wrote:
Great thread!!

I agree. Thanks for the laughs!

"Galstaff, ye are in a cornfield, when a moustachioed man approaches. What say ye?"

"I shun him."

-----

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

-- E. Gary Gygax
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Brutorz Bill
Red Cap

Post by Brutorz Bill »

The Gnome Madness continued this past weekend! I'll let Harry Joy and/or Dekster fill you all in!

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

Sorry, Bill, I'r.

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

o

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

Our ne\.

It seems, after all, that dressing her in the armor Simon left behind as he went into the otherworld was not something she would long enjoy, as Manti, in Simon's armor, became permanently entombed with the ghosts of the Kobolds we'd slain only hours earlier...

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

But of cours\

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

But th\\

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

I will n\

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

Befor\

So,\

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

As lo\PROOF of the reverse.

Brutorz Bill
Red Cap

Post by Brutorz Bill »

Good stuff!

Thanks for posting!

dekster

That's no Gnome!

Post by dekster »

Harry Joy wrote:
* Claims he doesn't like red hats? Photographic PROOF of the reverse.

Oh, like that looks like a gnome! Please!

*tsk*tsk*

dekster

Post by dekster »

Harry Joy wrote:
or the moment when Glorin and Saxifrage discovered that the part played in the battle by our Gnomish Illusionist was to get our mounts entrapped in a grotesque web, or the musical interludes provided by the Bard Einya, or the mysterious blue faced lady who came traipsing out of the tomb at the last possible moment before it's implosion into dust and gravel.

I sincerely doubt that would be of much general interest at all. No, this is Bungo Applewhite's story, and a proud one it is.

The poor, maligned Nonamee. Yes, I did discover that this (can you believe it?) flying Goblin was able to cast a spell of webbing! Horrid creature is able to throw things like that around and I am still having to struggle my way through the simplest of magics. How frustrating!

However, my quick thinking and agility made it where I could free those poor mounts tied up in sticky webbing. Those poor creatures looked so sad....and when I saw the giant I knew it was time for me to leave. Unfortunately, though the voices kept telling me to get out of there, I was unable to do so.

However, I hung on to my feeble life by my very fingernails.....and when I saw that Goblin hit the ground I immediately checked him out. Hey? You never know....if that stinky creature could cast spells maybe there was something nice, right? But, no, he was totally nude and had guts scattered all over the place.

But we couldn't have been happier when his giant buddy hit the ground. That thing was still alive but I jumped on his back and gave him the what for! I showed him what it was all about.....from the least dangerous position, of course!

Yes, I'll do my best to help but, hey, I'm not meant to be up there slugging it away with all them big fellas. It's just no fun to get crunched and munched.

Brutorz Bill
Red Cap

Post by Brutorz Bill »

The Gnome Liberation continues!!!

A gnome Combat Medic has joined the ranks of the WTGLL!

Brutorz Bill
Red Cap

Post by Brutorz Bill »

Well our little band of Gnomes are still alive!

They escaped combat with a colossal Golem, maybe it couldn't see the little short folk!

B.