What gaming stuff in your Holiday bucket?

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Omote
Battle Stag

What gaming stuff in your Holiday bucket?

Post by Omote »

What good gaming stuff did you receive (or gift yourself) in this most joyous of holiday seasons?

For me, I got the 2007 Classic Battletech Box set. While I already picked one up at GenCon this year, another set is most welcome as it contains 24 nice plastic mechs, pre-aasembled and ready to go. The plastic mini's that come with this bad boy are really sharp looking, and paint up nicely. If you are a Battletech fan, and are looking to get a good box set, or get back into the game I cannot reccommend this new box set enough! Good times, good times.

I also got a box set of plastic Dwarves from the Games Workshop line of Lord the Rings figures and some LOTR d6s. Swanky.

I also got a few MERP products, Barrow Downs and the Angmar sourcebook.

It's been one good gaming Christmas for me. This was a good year.

What's in your holiday gaming bucket?

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Nada for me.

Well not completely. I did get the Races & Classes book from a gamer friend. But, overall my family does the holiday for the kids, not the adults.

My parents did insist on giving me some cash though. I may get some gaming stuff with that.

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

Zilch for me too!
Guess I'll have to get John Bobek's The Games of War Treasury myself!! But, I did get some nice things. Jammin' to the Clash's London Calling at the moment! Nice break from all the Christmas tunes I've been hearing for the last month.

Be sure to check out Jim's artwork for sale:
http://jimhollowayart.com/id5.html

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Well, I guess this counts.

I bought some gaming stuff for myself:

Mutants & Masterminds

Aihrde Winter Dark
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

Nothing. It can drive me nuts...

Usually, I end up with clothes I'll never wear.

My major hobbies/passions are RPGs, music and books [history and science fiction]. My relatives won't touch the first two with a ten foot pole, for various reasons, but mostly apathy regarding the genres or fear of getting me something I already have. But every once in a while they'll go out on a limb, and get me a book related to history. And almost every time, it's a book I already have or have read. Drives me nuts. History outweighs, literally, all the music, RPG and sci-fi in my collection, but it's the genre they always default to.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Nadda. My wife, who is a player, avoids game stores and fears talking to the Trolls over the phone. So as usual I get to set some cash aside and call them and make my Christmas order. Kinda frustrating since I likes some games under da tree.

However I did get a sweet monitor for my PC so it worked out this year.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

I got some cash so with it I picked up, Felsentheim: Dogs of War, Dzeebagd: Under Dark and Misty Ground, After Winter's Dark Folio, Usurpers of The Fell Axe, plus I ordered a spiral bound copy of BFRPG

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Lots, actually. I'll have a more full report once I'm at home. Supposed to have more presents there. But, so far, I've gotten almost everything ever made for Al-Qadim, and some old-school stuff (actually got a near mint copy of the 1st print Arduin Grimoire! Woohoo!!)

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I got some minis and the Adventurer Card Game along with some OOP stuff I got from Santa!
Thanks Jolly St. Nick (I left him a peppermint stick hanging on the Christmas tree)!.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: What gaming stuff in your Holiday bucket?

Post by gideon_thorne »

No gaming stuff. But I don't generally ask for it as a rule. If folks get me fantasy or sci fi novels or various movies "m good. ^_^

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

My daughter got me DCC 51 as a Anniversary/Christmas gift and since I had gotten my wife a very expensive incubator she let me buy myself stuff from the Green Ronin sale. About 16 books, total. Testament, Skull and Bones, Spiros Black, all 5 of their Bleeding Edge modules, and others.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Eisenmann
Ulthal

Post by Eisenmann »

Treebore wrote:
Testament

So you're the guy who prevented me from getting Testament!

I didn't get any gaming stuff for Christmas but I'm waiting for my Green Ronin and TLG orders. The next few days will hopefully be full of game reading.

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

Eisenmann wrote:
So you're the guy who prevented me from getting Testament!

I didn't get any gaming stuff for Christmas but I'm waiting for my Green Ronin and TLG orders. The next few days will hopefully be full of game reading.

Nope... they ran out the day AFTER he got his.

Matthew
Unkbartig

Post by Matthew »

Quite a bit of stuff; a replacement copy of Shogun: Total War, three Settlers of Catan expansions (this completing my collection), MidEvil, Munchkin 5 - De-ranged, Star Munchkin, Advanced Adventures 1-3, Saga of the Witch Queen and The Dark Chateau.

All of which will eventually be supplemented by the stuff I ordered from the Troll Lord Games Christmas Sale...
It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after ones own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350)

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

I got DCC#51 Castle Whiterock (from MrsCharlie) and Kingdoms of Kalamar Players Guide (from my brother).

Know your roll!

Beyondthebreach

Post by Beyondthebreach »

I had my wife pick me up the latest Warhammer 2nd ed book: Realm of the Ice Queen (all about Kislev).

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

All I got that was gaming-related was the green historical TSR book, A Might Fortress. It's for use in running campaigns in the Elizabethan era - it looks pretty cool and could very well get some use with C&C. I have visions of an Elizabethan version of Greyhawk with elves in ruffs and dwarven actors doing Shakespeare.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Ok, so I finally got it all sorted:

D&D Clue Boardgame

The Arduin Grimoire Volume I True 1st Printing

The Universal Fantasy Supplement: For Adding Fantasy to Miniatures Wargaming

The Dragon Tree Spell Book 2nd Edition

Monstrous Compendium Volume II (Binder)

City of Delights Box Set

Caravans Box Set

Ruined Kingdoms Box Set

Corsairs of the Great Sea Box Set

Chronomancer

Imp: The Game of Mischief and Mayhem

HR2 Charlemagne's Paladins (Missing Map)

HR3 Celts

AD&D 2nd Edition Battlesystem Miniatures Rules

DMGR5 Creative Campaigning

DMGR4 Monster Mythology

Chaos on Campus: A Lovecraftian Tale of Terror

S1-4 Realms of Horror

Pixaud's Practical Grimoire

Ork! The Roleplaying Game

Deathstalkers 2nd Edition

Worlds of Wonder Box Set

Tegel Manor 1st Print, 2nd Release

Fat Dragon Games
Dragon Troll

Post by Fat Dragon Games »

I got the Art of Cthulhu book from Fantasy Flight, Marvel Heroscape and the WOTC D&D Gargantuan Red Dragon.

Fat Dragon Games
www.fatdragongames.com

Castles & Crusades...more D&D than D&D.

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

Fat Dragon Games wrote:
I got the Art of Cthulhu book from Fantasy Flight, Marvel Heroscape and the WOTC D&D Gargantuan Red Dragon.

My buddy at work wants those big dragon minis. He tells me all the time about them.

Know your roll!

Montague

Post by Montague »

serleran wrote:
Ok, so I finally got it all sorted:

HR2 Charlemagne's Paladins (Missing Map)

HR3 Celts

Those were great books, I especially liked the Celts one.

I had a good haul this year, its great having a gamer wife.

1E Unearthed Arcana (mint)

1E Monster Manual II (mint)

Dungeoneer Survival Guide (mint)

Wilderness Survival Guide (mint)

1E Fiend Folio

1E Manual of The Planes

1E Dragonlance Adventures

1E Players Handbook with the revised cover

D&D Expert Rulebook (guy threw it in for free)

3 different DM screens, 1st edition (also free)

D&D Module - Skarda's Mirror (again free)

D&D Rules Encyclopedia

C&C/Gygax stuff:

I1 - I3 Vahkund modules

DB1 - DB3 Roadhouse modules

Insidiae

Day One of the 12 day of Xmas stuff (still waiting on that one, actually. I should e-mail Steve)

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

serleran wrote:
Ork! The Roleplaying Game

You'll have to let us know how this game is. It is one I've been curious about for awhile.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Harry Joy wrote:
My major hobbies/passions are RPGs, music and books [history and science fiction]. My relatives won't touch the first two with a ten foot pole, for various reasons, but mostly apathy regarding the genres or fear of getting me something I already have. But every once in a while they'll go out on a limb, and get me a book related to history. And almost every time, it's a book I already have or have read. Drives me nuts. History outweighs, literally, all the music, RPG and sci-fi in my collection, but it's the genre they always default to.

You've got to start giving them Christmas wish lists. It's amazingly effective. There may not be a lot of surprises under the tree, but at least what is there is stuff you want. If you're afraid of giving out the same list to multiple relatives due to the possibility of overlap, use something like Amazon.com's wish list feature so that they can check on what you want and confirm whether someone else has already bought it.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

shane

Post by shane »

Buttmonkey wrote:
You've got to start giving them Christmas wish lists. It's amazingly effective.

Yeah, some people just don't take the hint. I tell relatives about my Amazon wish list every year and I never get anything from it. Some of the gems I got this year that most certainly were not on my wishlist: a sweater (I don't wear sweaters, christmas table runners (WTF?!), a margherita glass (don't drink 'em), oranges and grapefruites from Florida (ok, that was kinda cool)... it's to the point now that I just tell my Mom not to get me anything so she doesn't waste the money and make me feel bad for never wearing the Ralph Lauren polos she sends me.

::: Rational thought, not superstition

Coleston the Cavalier
Unkbartig

Post by Coleston the Cavalier »

I found The Lejendary Rules for All Players (slightly used) this weekend for less than $15! I'll call it holiday stuff!

John Adams

Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

Nothing, but I got a nice astronomical telescope, so I'm a very happy bunny this year.

Truth to tell, I like to get my own gaming gear, and relish the chance to pop over to my FLGS and peruse the shelves for something toothsome.

ZeornWarlock

Post by ZeornWarlock »

Lots-o miniature tiles from Paizo and waiting for two C&C Castle Zagyg Town parts, and The East Mark Gazetteer, which apparently are not available here yet!?!
ZW.

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

No gaming stuff for me, aside from the loot I bought for myself from the 12 Day Sale. Though I did get a t-shirt which reads "To each his gnome"

Valerian

Post by Valerian »

I recieved the old white cover Greyhawk supp. and Deities and demi gods with the conan mythos. I was very happy read them cover to cover very nostalgic. A gargantuan blue dragon by Wotc, and host of new plastic mins from wotc newest set. With of course the caveat of "don't kill us with these". Yeah right ...

To crush the PC's

See their character sheets piled before you

And to hear the lamentations of the players

-Conan the dungeonmaster

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

I can finally add a couple.
Denizens of Avadnu from my Secret Santa at another forum, and two issues of Dragon, #s 90 and 98, from Dekster, of the infamous fire-breathing woolly mammoth fantasy.