The Whistling Lobster

Join Peter Bradley and other artists in discussions on art and presentation.
angelius

The Whistling Lobster

Post by angelius »

A "typical" night in a C&C fantasy campaign Inn....
Lots of PCs running around meeting other PCs to adventure with!
We even have some weary travellers in strange garb sitting at the main table! (lol - I love those GW robin hood minis)
"HO! A secret door! Leading to the damp darkness!" - nothing's more appealing!
A rogue and his gold looking for a drink!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Its cool to see that kind of thing. I'd never do it, but its cool, anyway.

angelius

Post by angelius »

I love dwarven forge. I clearly have too much time on my hands.

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

Very neat!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Yeah, its awesome stuff, I just don't have the room, money (well, I might if I stopped buying RPG books), or time... also, since I live 90 minutes from where the game is... well, I just don't wanna lug it around. Oh, and I never have time to paint.

Very cool though. I'm not a user of minis in game, but I think that's mostly because I'm envious of those who have "the perfect stuff."

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

That is really neat! Wish I could do something like that. Where to put it all?!

Be sure to check out Jim's artwork for sale:
http://jimhollowayart.com/id5.html

angelius

Post by angelius »

You can find tons of great plastic shelves at Wal-mart. I shove all my dwarven forge stuff in there. What I really want to do someday is build a whole village.

Don't think that'll ever happen now that I'm married etc. etc.

angelius

Post by angelius »

These pics are just totally funny to my groups as they are pretty much the PCs in the last two campaigns I ran all in one tavern. Kinda reminds me of World of Warcraft.... hahaha... some kind of Player meeting lounge.

ATOM
Hlobane Orc

Post by ATOM »

Looks great! Did you paint the mini's they look very well done!
ATOM's WEB Site

3-headed Blog

K2h2m3

Post by K2h2m3 »

Those aren't GW "Robinhood" minis. The are from an older Brettonian army for Warhammer Fantasy. The Robinhood look alike is Bertrand the brigand. Don't remember the names of the other two.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

K2h2m3 wrote:
Those aren't GW "Robinhood" minis. The are from an older Brettonian army for Warhammer Fantasy. The Robinhood look alike is Bertrand the brigand. Don't remember the names of the other two.

Yes they are.

BTW, great little Dwarven Forge diorama. Do you guys actually play RPGs with this type of setup?

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

angelius

Post by angelius »

K2h2m3 wrote:

True true. I call them Robin Hood only cause that's exactly how they look like! :p

I do paint all my PC minis, its just something I do for my players. (Once they prove that they are going to stay for a while.)

What I do is I usually have a wooden board beneath the buildings etc. And I put them on the map and take it off pretty easily. It is quite cumbersome but my players love it.

Wulfgarn

Post by Wulfgarn »

That is amazing- really very good.

TheNewGuy
Red Cap

Post by TheNewGuy »

Really, really nice stuff!

My group has always liked miniatures "just because", although our games didn't ever require them, as such. Often, miniatures were simply used to visually represent a character, and to display the current "party order" on the table as we played ...

Oh, and monster figs were occasionally used as "special effects" surprises. Reveal the Big Bad Evil by placing its figure on the table, and then listen to all the players freak out!
I love what you've done here; makes me wish I could actually paint figs and not suck at it.

Thanks for the look!

TheNewGuy

"But if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you"

angelius

Post by angelius »

Maybe take a look at D&D minis, they are not all terrible. I just hit up ebay and pick out singles of the monsters/sculpt that I like. Often they are commons/uncommons and you can get them for 25 cents each.

Howietzer

Post by Howietzer »

Holy Cow!!! That is freakin awesome!