On the Anvil {08-22-08} TLG 1113 Crusader 13 (NOW AVAILABLE)

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

On the Anvil {08-22-08} TLG 1113 Crusader 13 (NOW AVAILABLE)

Post by Troll Lord »

Crusader Vol. 4, No. 13

Product Type/Format & Price: saddle stitched, $3.50, 32 pages

Ordering Info: TLG 1113 ISBN 978-1-929474-09-7

This issue is filling up fast, but look for new feature articles, game reviews and more on the Tales of Aihrde!

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

October release.

Steve

09-19-08

[email protected]

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

This issue ships this week, Monday the 10th.

Steve

11-08-08

[email protected]

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Troll Lord wrote:
This issue ships this week, Monday the 10th.

Steve

11-08-08

Sweet! Guess I'll have to think about renewing very soon. Lucky 13 is my last one of my current subscription.

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

Looking forward to this.

James M. Ward

Post by James M. Ward »

James M. Ward, Managing Editor of Crusader

Becoming a subscriber to Crusader soon is a very good idea as it goes to 36 pages come December. There will be a lot of other surprises in the months to come as we add even more features.

jman5000

Post by jman5000 »

Hello James,

maybe you can help. in the past I've had some delivery issues with the crusader making it to Canada on the first mailing. Most times, I've had to continuously pester Steve to try and sort it out. Who now should I be sending any questions or comments to? the email address in Issue #12 was not live the last time I checked.

I'm still trying to get #10 sent my way.

Thanks for helping clarify who the point of contact should be for the Crusader.

Cheers,

J.

James M. Ward

Post by James M. Ward »

J.

The buck stops here on problems with the magazine. I want you to send your contact information to my other email address.

Mark it Crusader 10. Send your name address and the magazines you didn't get. We are shipping 13 this week and could be shipping 14 at the end of the month.

Steve and I will move heaven and earth to get you the product you deserve. We want people to resubscribe and following up on problems is the only way to encourage people to sign up again.

James M. Ward
[email protected]

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

James M. Ward wrote:
J.

The buck stops here on problems with the magazine. I want you to send your contact information to my other email address.

Mark it Crusader 10. Send your name address and the magazines you didn't get. We are shipping 13 this week and could be shipping 14 at the end of the month.

Steve and I will move heaven and earth to get you the product you deserve. We want people to resubscribe and following up on problems is the only way to encourage people to sign up again.

James M. Ward
[email protected]

Cool. As a fellow Canadian subscriber, I've also had some issues getting the magazine myself (no pun intended). Thanks to Steve's (and the rest of the crew's) efforts, I'm completely up to date. With great experiences in the past and the continued commitment, I know I'll be re-subscribing myself.

So... a hearty thanks for the effort that you and the rest are putting into the magazine!

M

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I am eying my mailbox right now for Number 13.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

My last one is coming up, too, either 13 or 14.

James, or Steve, I have a question. I had a hell of a time back with Paizo and renewing my Dungeon and Dragon subs. The problem arose when I would try to renew before my last issue shipped. They would always (inadvertly) start my new sub up immediately, before the remaining subscription ran out. I was talking to Steve on the 31st and I had him check how many issues I had left - I almost re-upped then, but I had flashbacks of Paizo.

Should I wait until my last issue ships to avoid any problems? Can you guys work it so a new subscription starts after the last issue of the current subscription ships?

Thanks fellas!
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Jonathan of White Haven
Hlobane Orc

Post by Jonathan of White Haven »

Lord Dynel wrote:
My last one is coming up, too, either 13 or 14.

James, or Steve, I have a question. I had a hell of a time back with Paizo and renewing my Dungeon and Dragon subs. The problem arose when I would try to renew before my last issue shipped. They would always (inadvertly) start my new sub up immediately, before the remaining subscription ran out. I was talking to Steve on the 31st and I had him check how many issues I had left - I almost re-upped then, but I had flashbacks of Paizo.

Should I wait until my last issue ships to avoid any problems? Can you guys work it so a new subscription starts after the last issue of the current subscription ships?

Thanks fellas!

A few weeks before GenCon, when I called TLG to pre-order CZ:UW, I also wanted to re-sub to The Crusader. My sub was about to expire (with Issue #12), and I knew the magazine was about to go monthly. I asked Steve if he'd worked out a 12-issue price yet. At that time, he hadn't, and told me that he'd give me a call when the yearly price was settled.

Shortly after GenCon, he called to let me know that the 12-issue yearly price would be US$36. This was somewhat less than I had expected to pay. I whipped out my credit card and re-upped on the spot.

Now that's service!

And yes, my re-upped sub continued with Issue #13. Steve does have that information handy. Or at least it's stored somewhere on his computer...

It would be nice if the address label on the envelope included the drop-dead date (the last issue when the sub expires). This can easily be done by the software that collects and prints out the mailing labels. (Though I'm not sure if TLG's record-keeping software integrates with the mailing label software. Perhaps only Steve knows.)

Now, if Steve calls to let me know that the Dungeon Mapping Sheets are available, I'd crack open my wallet and order a couple pads of those, as well.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Lord Dynel wrote:

Thanks fellas!

We have it set up so I can track it either way. When your last issue ships you will see a colored card inside with resub information on it. You can send that back in or just give us a holler. The paypal option is a pain because rarely do people mention what issue they want to start with nor does it give us much of option to allow you to chose.

Steve

[email protected]

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Issue 13 is on its way tomorrow folks. We ran into some technical issues not related to magazine itself. But she's a coming.

Issue 14 will be hot on its heals from what I can tell too.

Steve

[email protected]

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Tank smudge!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Damn... need to re-subscribe within the next few days...

M