Aihrde or HH or Wilderlands?

All things about the Haunted Highlands!
papercut
Red Cap

Aihrde or HH or Wilderlands?

Post by papercut »

It seems there are three very strong settings within the Troll Lord portfolio (not counting CZ). I will be running a skype game soon with some friends and I was wondering which setting is the most casual friendly (for me and the players). I have most of the A series and have been reading it but it seems like there is perhaps too much "flavor" to really be able to relax and go with the flow on skype. Would HH be a more suitable choice? The Wilderlands?

Cheers

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Haunted Highlands baby!

DB1 gives you a great setting, not overly detailed but gives you enough to work with. Ha slots of flavor to it too.

DB2&3 Give you a big ol' dungeon.

DB4 Outlines a city under siege and gives you the inspiration to run adventures in it.

With HH you'll get a setting you can build upon and customize to your tastes.

papercut
Red Cap

Post by papercut »

Sounds good, plus the bundle is cheap cheap on rpgnow.

woot

papercut
Red Cap

Post by papercut »

Just picked em up, all for less than $20.

Another woot!

papercut
Red Cap

Post by papercut »

I just leafed thru the Haunted Highlands and I have to say it is perfect for what I want. Dirty's is amazing! I can't wait to run some games in there. Bare knuckle brawling, Roadhouse Rulez, lol.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

There is a lot to be said about each setting. If you are going to stick with a straight TLG setting that is not CZ, then I would say Haunted Highlands. There is a lot of potential in that setting, though there is not much yet released for it. Aihrde, while my dynamic and expansive at this point is a good choice to. But, to get lots of good info on Aihrde, I think you have to start finding the old d20 stuff to maximize the enjoyment of the setting. With Haunted Highlands you can start off from the beginning. Though, I guess the same could be said with Aihrde but I do not see anything on the release schedule for quite some time.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

danbuter
Hlobane Orc

Post by danbuter »

I like all 3, though I would pick the Wilderlands over Airdhe. Haunted Highlands can easily exist in either setting.

Dan
http://home.comcast.net/~danbuter/candc.html - my Castles and Crusades webpage

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Haunted Highlands. I rebooted my campaign and reset it there but off the map. I have already been working out how it all fits and I get a major Dark Ages and Warhammer feel on HH. Great stuff.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06