View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Assassin cost chart 
Hlobane Orc

Post Assassin cost chart
Just a quick question: I remember, at some point, seeing a chart for assassination costs; as I recollect, it was based on assassin level crossed with target level. Am I indicating something that actually exists, and if so, where? I think it was a C&C-based concept, but it could've been AD&D and I'm just messing this up. Does this ring a bell with anyone? In any case, thanks for looking this over, and appreciate any responses.

Mon May 27, 2019 4:29 am
Greater Lore Drake

Post Re: Assassin cost chart
I think that was DMG of old ADD (1st edition) or it could have been in the PH but I think that was a table for success.. everything back then had look up tables.

Mon May 27, 2019 12:16 pm
Greater Lore Drake

It could be in the CnC CKG...

Mon May 27, 2019 12:17 pm
Skobbit

Looking in the CKG starting around page 80 regarding Adherents and Henchmen, I see several charts listed for hiring assassins:

Start-Up: 125gp x Level
Salary: 12gp, 5sp x Level

There are also some charts for determining the CL for finding them with various means:

Attachments:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 154.97 KiB | Viewed 1026 times ]
Mon May 27, 2019 12:58 pm
Ulthal

Telhawk wrote:
Just a quick question: I remember, at some point, seeing a chart for assassination costs; as I recollect, it was based on assassin level crossed with target level. Am I indicating something that actually exists, and if so, where? I think it was a C&C-based concept, but it could've been AD&D and I'm just messing this up. Does this ring a bell with anyone? In any case, thanks for looking this over, and appreciate any responses.
In AD&D the cost chart was in the PHB. The assassination % chance of success chart was in the DMG.

Tue May 28, 2019 12:19 am
Hlobane Orc

Everyone, and especially Ancalagon, all my thanks - finally found the blasted thing on page 29 of the AD&D first edition PHB. This will be of considerable assistance going forward for me; while I may not stick the exact letter of the cost guidelines (as the notations for the chart themselves state, there's plenty of room for circumstantial variations), it at least provides a guideline-place to start. Appreciations to all.

Now where the hell did I leave that curare-tipped dagger...ah, there it is. Wait - maybe I shouldn't have said that out loud...

Tue May 28, 2019 3:08 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Its good to see someone using the assassin besides me. Check out the book on "Royal Assassin: by Robin Hobb or Vlad Taltos by Brust for great assassins.

Currently playing the age old 1/2 orc cleric assassin... have yet to use the ability or even try it at 5h lvl..

Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]