What Video Game(s) are you playing

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: What Video Game(s) are you playing

Post by Buttmonkey »

I've been playing the original Might & Magic over the last few months. I had forgotten what a difficult grind it is.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

I keep going back to Baldur's Gate II. I'd like to go back and play my Battle for Middle Earth games, but my DVD drive is down, so no go there.

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

Buttmonkey wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:18 pm
I've been playing the original Might & Magic over the last few months. I had forgotten what a difficult grind it is.
I remember that one, and being pleased when I finished it. Then I remember getting M&M2 and doing the towns a but then I step outside and got TPK, I thought wtf this is game is way too hard. Never finished that one. :)

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

mgtremaine wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:28 am
Buttmonkey wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:18 pm
I remember that one, and being pleased when I finished it. Then I remember getting M&M2 and doing the towns a but then I step outside and got TPK, I thought wtf this is game is way too hard. Never finished that one. :)
I remember playing M&M 2 on a Mac back in college. I played the hell out of it over the course of a week or two. I remember finding a cave or something where there was an encounter with werewolves or dire wolves or something like that. The encounter was broken. The XP for the encounter was massive and the encounter refreshed every time you came back to the location. I couldn't get enough gold to train my PCs as fast as they got XP from going back to the encounter over and over. I got my archer up to something like 45th level while the rest of the party was under 10 (I think). I drifted away from the game after that.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford »

BoardGameArena - for lots and lots of boardgames

Elite Dangerous
Hue
Little Nightmares
Hob
Civ IV

Got Darkest Dungeon but havn't really done much with it yet.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Finished Up HALO 1 & 2 (I think the “first” one was done as a prequel). In the midst of Wasteland: Remastered. Never finished it on the Apple IIc back in the day. Intend to this time!
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Been playing just a few:
Streets of Rogue (a procedurally generated sort of 8-bit style much better graphics rogue rpg light game, lots of characters/levels to unlock.
Archon (remastered 80’s fighting mystical chess type game)
Day of the Tentacle (point and click)
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

My wife plays Merge Dragons and started to complain that she could never do well when they did den events as she was the only one in her den, so I had to start playing it and join her den and now we both can suck at those events because they are awful. But, yeah...

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I’m thinking about trying out a CRPG on my computer. The last one I played was Might & Magic VI something like 20+ years ago. I figure it’s time to try a new one. I’ve got a solid laptop, so I don’t think hardware will be a limiting factor.

I’ve heard good things about Wasteland 3 and Pillars of Eternity. Anybody have other recommendations?

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Buttmonkey wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:10 am
I’m thinking about trying out a CRPG on my computer. The last one I played was Might & Magic VI something like 20+ years ago. I figure it’s time to try a new one. I’ve got a solid laptop, so I don’t think hardware will be a limiting factor.

I’ve heard good things about Wasteland 3 and Pillars of Eternity. Anybody have other recommendations?
I tried Pillars of Eternity, played 3-4 hours, then stopped. For me at least the gameplay became too repetitive and the story didn't draw me in. But I've friends who loved it. It's an older game now, so look for a sale, then grab a copy and see what you think. Never player Wasteland so...

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

My latest games: Assassin's Creed: Vahalla (loved it), then Far Cry 6, now going backward in the Assassin's Creed series and playing Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (still at beginning but loving it too). I rate Far Cry 5 and its offshoot Far Cry Primal, as much better then Far Cry 6, but enjoyed them all.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I really wanted to like the Assassin's Creed series but they seem to have excessively long intros to make you learn how to do everything but, by the time you get to a point where you can, at least I, have forgotten what to do to do whatever it is that's now available. Lots of button presses. Maybe it'd help if there was an in-game guide (and maybe there is) but I gave up on them after about an hour.

They do seem fun. I just need to git gud. Or maybe pay more attention - they are not games you can just blindly smash through.

Anyway, I'm trying to find something RPG-y for 2 players for the Switch. The best game I have for it in that way, so far, is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and its another game where I forget how to do things... guess my memory is failing.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I just downloaded Dragon Quest 1 for android and have been playing it on my phone. That's about all the more video gaming I do now a days.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Grandpa
Ulthal

Post by Grandpa »

I just saw this yesterday. Pandora 3D Saga Gaming Console 10,000 Games just plug HDMI cable from controller to TV and play. Looks really neat as it has all the games that have been in video arcades since day one. Here's a video ad of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg5YFZiuLyM&t=1s

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I'm currently starting to play Divinity: Original Sin II and Call of Duty: Warzone.

I found an Oregon tourism website where you can play the original Oregon Trail and gave that a try the other night.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I've played a bit of Dorf Romantik this weekend. It's a relaxing tile game that was just released.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Got sucked into playing Dungeon Robber. It's an older, pretty basic game but addicting. It is a random dungeon generator kinda based on DMG Appendix A.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Recently picked up the Bard’s Tale Trilogy on Steam. Remember playing it with my friend on his Commodore 64 back in the day.

The Steam version is a remastered version, with auto maps, and auto note feature, clicks me point. Having fun with it but a lot of grinding for levels. Nice trip down memory lane though.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

bulletmeat
Ungern

Post by bulletmeat »

Morrowind (been a while), AC Vahalla (ok but I like Odyssey better), Mechwarrior5, & Final Fantasy remastered.
Me: "THE CAKE IS A LIE! THERE IS NO SPOON! WHAT IS THE RIDDLE OF STEEL?!"
Wife: "...I just want to know what you want for dinner."

balance00574
Henchman

Post by balance00574 »

I’m playing Kirby’s Dream Buffet and Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

I'm tryin to find something called Dungeon of Doom/The Dungeon Revealed. It's an old MAC game that we had a ton of fun playing in college back in the late '80s. I wonder if there's a version I could play on a Windows unit?

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

City of Heroes: Homecoming.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."