Brothers Barbarian

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
gideon_thorne
Maukling

Brothers Barbarian

Post by gideon_thorne »

I posted a couple months back about a made for web fantasy series involving Margaret Weis and Larry Elmore. The first episode should be up at some point this evening.

PRESS RELEASE, AUGUST 16, 2011

BROTHERS BARBARIAN TAKES THE INTERNET BY STORM!

After creating pre-launch buzz at 2011 GenCon Indy, and launching today, thousands of fantasy fans are already flocking to the new barbarian online sitcom about two young barbarian brothers on a quest to find the evil witch who cursed them with being “middle aged in middle earth”.

The show stars New York Times bestselling author Margaret Weis and iconic master fantasy artist Larry Elmore, both well known figures from the underground culture that spawned Dungeons & Dragons.

This bombastic new show is using the internet platform with the goal of becoming the next video sensation. The hit web series has already spawned several new knock-offs such as the new Conan movie release on the 18th of this month, and the new Hobbit movie directed by newcomer Peter Jackson, to be released sometime next year.

Although rushed onto the small screen— just in time to beat the hot new Brothers Barbarian franchise—HBO’s Game of Thrones did what many critics say as “Okay, for a TV show that was obviously trying to beat out serious fantasy storylines like Brother Barbarian.”
This all-new, six-part, live-action, fun-filled web concept premieres today, August 16, 2011.

Log on to http://www.youtube.com/brothersbarbarian for more information about release dates of each upcoming episodes.
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Just Jeff
Red Cap

Re: Brothers Barbarian

Post by Just Jeff »

Well, it's no JourneyQuest, but it has its moments.

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

The last thing I want to do is disparage anything touched by Elmore and Weis, at least not without reason.

But...

Truth is, I could barely sit through all 7 minutes of this...thing...and I doubt I'll return for the remaining 5 parts.
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I like the poster...

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

It was orders of magnitude more entertaining than the D&D movie. I actually laughed. Anymore, that's saying something.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Sir Osis of Liver wrote:It was orders of magnitude more entertaining than the D&D movie. I actually laughed. Anymore, that's saying something.

What do you mean? I laughed all the way thru both the D&D movies - at how bad they were!! :lol:

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

It does improve as it goes along. Considering the budget involved, the show actually turned out astonishingly well. 8-)
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Sir Osis of Liver wrote:It was orders of magnitude more entertaining than the D&D movie. I actually laughed. Anymore, that's saying something.
How you hurt me so, with your poisonous words. :P

I have to agree with Red on this one. It was pretty rough. I love Larry (in a bromance sort of way) but yeah...this was rough. I got through about four minutes of it, but I was at work. Maybe at home I can handle the rest.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

Lord Dynel wrote:

I have to agree with Red on this one. It was pretty rough. I love Larry (in a bromance sort of way) but yeah...this was rough. I got through about four minutes of it, but I was at work. Maybe at home I can handle the rest.
Sorry, man. I'll buy you a beer next time I see you. Will that make it better? ;)

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Sir Osis of Liver wrote:
Lord Dynel wrote:

Sorry, man. I'll buy you a beer next time I see you. Will that make it better? ;)
Indeed, sir. Indeed. 8-)

I'll give it another watch. If it gets better (and Peter says it does), I'll give it a chance.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

They played us the first two episodes at GenCon and the next one is better. I am writing the adventure module that coincides with the web series and Ken Whitman, the writer and the bald brother, and I talked about the series. From the information he divulged to me, there is a great story with a well thought-out background. I think it will turn out better than what some may expect.

Also, Larry was telling us before the showing that he had to partake in a little bourbon before his scenes. It makes it a bit more funny to know that Larry was slightly drunk when he was running naked across the forest. :)

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

bigironvault
Mist Elf

Post by bigironvault »

I was at GenCon with AGNKim and it was pretty good, the highlight was definitely Larry in the forest! Awesome!

zarathustra
Red Cap

Post by zarathustra »

Hmm I probably won't go out of my way to watch more.

Conan: The Musical is about 1000 X better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Episode Three. This one complete with cute girls flashing their boobies. Look fast or you'll miss it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMIzLCxG ... e=youtu.be