Dice Bag

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
western watcher
Mist Elf

Dice Bag

Post by western watcher »

I recently found a Ravenloft dice bag I purchased at GENCON in 1995. It got me thinking about other dice bags I've had. Among them a Crown Royal, Greyhawk, and Bacardi Black. I wish I still had all of them along with my Killians sign that would light up, and the pirate flag I hung behind me when I game mastered. Those and my Heavy Metal Soundtrack.
Scream and charge is not a tactic.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Re: Dice Bag

Post by Sir Ironside »

I've still got my original Crown Royal bag from the early 1980's along with the very first set of dice I ever bought.

Had this at one time and I'm sure I've had others, but they were so memorable that I have completely forgot what they were.

Not dice bags but these look very cool from Crystal Caste.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I do need one of those cybo skulls for Shadowrun games...

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I still have the very first set of dice I ever bought also. I've "retired" them. They sit in a plastic case on the window sill by my computer. I've also gone through several Crown bags for my dice. My current dice bag is the travel bag for my Norelco razor. My one buddy's sister made him a dice bag years ago out of an old sock and another one of my friends made a leather dice pouch, which he still uses.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I just had a bunch of crown royal bags customized for our campaign which is wrapping up, and threw in a set of dice for all of the players. I have a lot of dice and once decided to split it all back into sets, so went to one of the many online pouch supply stores and got many different kinds of drawstring bags cheap, in velvet, jute, cotton, etc. I got a ton of organza wedding favor bags which work great for boardgame pieces. My favorite is this green one with sort of faux fur on it that i filled with pink and black dice; we call it the Grinchskin Dice Bag of Indigence, which is offered to anyone who forgets their dice.

Right now I keep my Gamescience in a black crown royal bag, and all of my other dice in a wooden chest.

Western Watcher's gaming room sounds bad-ass.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Just Jeff
Red Cap

Post by Just Jeff »

There's a small zipped pocket my gaming notebook / shoulder bag thingy that holds all my dice. My original d20 and d12 went to our dorm cat in college. She loved to clatter them along the baseboards.

A player in one of my old gaming groups gave us all Crown Royal bags for Christmas. He'd spent all year working on them. :wink:

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Just Jeff wrote:A player in one of my old gaming groups gave us all Crown Royal bags for Christmas. He'd spent all year working on them. :wink:
Oh, man, now I feel like a heel. I just went to their website and ordered them embroidered :).
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

My favorite dice bag was a big grey colored leather pouch (real leather too). I quit using it when my young, suicidal, children lost the draw string. They are so lucky, considering all the things of mine that they ruined/destroyed, to still be alive, let alone unharmed.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

western watcher
Mist Elf

Post by western watcher »

In one of my past groups if it was discovered that you didn't "earn" your Crown Royal bag by drinking the whiskey, everyone would razz you, and question your manliness. Girls were excluded from this rule because, they hit really hard, and it really, really hurts :D
Scream and charge is not a tactic.