Finally took pictures of my bookshelves

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Treebore
Mogrl

Finally took pictures of my bookshelves

Post by Treebore »

It took 30 pictures to get all of it and I am uploading them all to Photobucket right now. I'll provide a link as soon as I am done.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Finally took pictures of my bookshelves

Post by Treebore »

OK, lets see if this works. The first 30 pictures should be my RPG books. I haven't used Photobucket since their changes, so I need to go through and organize everything again.

http://s275.beta.photobucket.com/user/T ... Collection

Edit: I have now moved them all into their own folder, so now all you should see is the 31 photo's of my RPG books and an awesomely painted miniature.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

It works for me, so hopefully it will work for your. The other photo's are a wide variety of things, from my daughters artwork from a few years ago, to a TLG event at my last Gen Con, pictures of my RPG collection from a couple of years ago, on the old bookshelves, and stuff I have used for gaming on line.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Stop lying, that's your FLGS.
:D

WOW! I'm impressed!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Just Jeff
Red Cap

Post by Just Jeff »

I've gone the other route, selling off all my physical copies. My CK screens are all the remain.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Just Jeff wrote:I've gone the other route, selling off all my physical copies. My CK screens are all the remain.
When PDF's get as easy to flip through when I am looking for specific rules, I might do the same. Until then I prefer books for gaming.

Edit: as it is I own over 500 RPG PDF's.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I still have two more book shelves to assemble and put RPG books on. I still have at least 5 storage tubs out in my garage full of RPG books. Since they are 50 gallon tubs I doubt I'll get them all onto bookshelves inside of my house. I will be much closer, though.

Desrimal
Hlobane Orc

Post by Desrimal »

:shock:
RPGing since '89

Guitarist in Rust Age (old-school rock)
http://www.rustage.dk
http://itunes.apple.com/dk/artist/rust-age/id460786336

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

We'll need to have a shelf-off.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Holy shug-a-lug! That's a lot of books.

Your shelves are untidy. My OCD flared there for a second. Then I though, "eh" and shrugged.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, definitely not set up for OCD. I don't have all my Pathfinder together, Necromancer together, Frog God together, TLG together, Traveller, etc... I'll work on that level of obsession once I have the other two bookshelves up and everything is filled. Like I know I have a LOT more Necromancer Games out in the garage, so if I arrange now, I'll definitely have to re arrange later, so I am just waiting.

GameOgre
Ulthal

Post by GameOgre »

Picture of the entire collection together or err it didn't happen! or something!

Come on man! Stand back a ways and snap a shot!

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Don't have nearly that many books, right now. I've only got quite a few C&C books, All the Amazing Engine books and almost all of the Vajra Enterprises books.

I do look back at my 40 years of gaming and even though I still wouldn't have near what you have it'd still be a lot. Moving many, many times contributed to my deterioration of rpg books.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

GameOgre wrote:Picture of the entire collection together or err it didn't happen! or something!

Come on man! Stand back a ways and snap a shot!

Only two of the bookshelves are side by side, the rest are "stand alone". Even so, the pictures are clear enough that you can tell they are all different, except the ones I over lapped intentionally to make it clear they are the same shelf.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Sir Ironside wrote:Don't have nearly that many books, right now. I've only got quite a few C&C books, All the Amazing Engine books and almost all of the Vajra Enterprises books.

I do look back at my 40 years of gaming and even though I still wouldn't have near what you have it'd still be a lot. Moving many, many times contributed to my deterioration of rpg books.

I've only moved three times since my collection got beyond a single smallish bookshelf. Definitely had my thoughts of selling off stuff. If I move again, I definitely will.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Totally cool Treebore.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

GameOgre
Ulthal

Post by GameOgre »

Dude,wasn't crying they were fake or anything.

Just like seeing the larger shots to compare with my own.

Though my own fits on two bookcases with only four shelves each after the great weeping of 2003.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

GameOgre wrote:Dude,wasn't crying they were fake or anything.

Just like seeing the larger shots to compare with my own.

Though my own fits on two bookcases with only four shelves each after the great weeping of 2003.
Mine are 3 large bookshelves of 4 to 5 shelves. Then the white shelves are 3 shelves of our very large family room book shelves. Those are about 30 inches long each. So shorter than my bedroom book shelves, but the family room bookshelves are 8 shelves in total, 4 per side.

Then the shelf with the Aces and Eights books on it are an odd ball shelf in our living room.

Once I get the other two book shelves assembled I plan on moving everything into my bedroom, if possible. With how many tubs I still have full of books, I seriously doubt I am going to get it all into my house, let alone into my bedroom.