What Video Game(s) are you playing

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
serleran
Mogrl

Re: What Video Game(s) are you playing

Post by serleran »

Playing through Wild Arms I and II again. Last time I started them, my wife took over and stole them... so hopefully this time I get to finish.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

1. Playing Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. Man that game, there is just a lot of stuff.
2. Hadn't been on it in an while, but ran a mission in D&D Online: Eberron Unlimted
3. Just tried out Mechwarrior Online tonight as well. I was motivated by the BattleTech Kickstarter and MO is Free To Play. Lots to learn about in piloting a mech in "real" time. But seems pretty fun in the few tutorials I've tried out.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

I’m sure I will return to Skyrim once it gets colder out. Like I always do. There really is a ton of stuff to do and explore in that game.

I just beat Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag. And now, I am returning to Dark Souls, for glorious masochism. Praise the sun!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Jyrdan Fairblade wrote:I’m sure I will return to Skyrim once it gets colder out. Like I always do. There really is a ton of stuff to do and explore in that game.
Especially on PC, like I play it. There are 3 new lands I use, and over a dozen new adventure areas/paths, more numerous, deadlier bandits popping up, etc...
By the time I get done playing through everything the beginning is like a distant memory to me.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Skyrim
Talisman Digital Edition. The City Expansion just came out yesterday along with the ability to play with 6 players.
Warhammer Quest (Tablet Version). I've gotten a little bit into this game. Pretty fun stuff. I think I paid like $5.00 for the app. Lots of DLC it you want it, i.e. extra characters and missions. The Base game though is pretty fun.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Working at finishing Dead Space 2. Like the first one, it's excellent, a really good horror-sci fi blend. But again, like the first one, after a certain point the relentless tension and atmosphere gets to be enough, and I just want to be done with it, to see the tale to the end.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Been playing a lot of Crusader Kings II. I am currently having my best game with Spain, been spreading pretty much like wild fire to the South, but haven't been able to afford to upgrade my lands very much.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

SSI's Darksun: Shattered Lands
SSI's Darksun: Wake of the Ravager.

Both are now available again and relatively glitch free from gog.com

I loved the original so much back in the day. Wake of the Ravager was nearly unplayable back then, but now... but now!!!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

My wife really enjoys hidden object games with a story so I bought her a few for our anniversary. Sometimes I help with the puzzles or happen to spot something she didn't (which is rare). Every now and then one will have a nice nugget. The "Dark Parables" line seems to be the best of the ones we have so far.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Omote wrote:SSI's Darksun: Shattered Lands
SSI's Darksun: Wake of the Ravager.

Both are now available again and relatively glitch free from gog.com

I loved the original so much back in the day. Wake of the Ravager was nearly unplayable back then, but now... but now!!!

~O
Awesome.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

cinderblock
Ulthal

Post by cinderblock »

Just got Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls game. Kill all monsters and get phat lewtz!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Reaper of Souls was a fantastic addition to the Diablo III insanity. Loved it. Still log on and play from time to time.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Haven't played much lately, just a little bit of Talisman Digital Edition.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

narpet
Red Cap

Post by narpet »

Been playing a lot of Fallout 4. Lots of fun for what it is... also playing Might & Magic 6 for about the tenth time, to get my old school gaming fix.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I really should quit replaying my old games and play the new ones I have, such as the last Dragon Age released, the last Lord of the Rings released, Witcher 3, the last 2 Batman games, and so on. I already own them, so I should get around to playing them, right? I also recently bought Fallout 2 and 3, including New Vegas, so I should probably finally get around to playing that series, plus I have yet to play the last 2 Assassins Creed... yeah, I have a lot of catching up I should do.

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Currently playing Assassins Creed 2: Revelations. I previously skipped ahead and played 4: Black Flag, which was awesome. But now I need to go back and fill things in.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Discovered from a friend an old game for the Commodore 64, which is now available as an Application. The game is called Sword of Fargoal. Simple but challenging for the iPhone.

Played one or two games of Call of Duty IV, and Some more of my ongoing game of Skyrim.

But the game I've really been playing as of late is Mad Max. Wow, not so much Mad Max, Road Warrior or Thunder Dome, but really all the post apocalyptic vision of Fury Road. Car Combat is intense as is the hand to hand. Played a bit of the story mission, but really like the open world concept. I was on the fence about getting this, but the price was nearly half-off ($19.99) on Steam. With so many other games, I still have yet to play, but I decided to go for it as a Christmas gift to myself. Well worth it.

Anyone else try this game out? I'm nearly down to 0-Level Threat in Jeet's territory and at the Reluctant Saint level. Car is pretty much unlocked for where I'm at in the story mission (which isn't far), a V6 Engine, high suspension, and as I've defeated a couple of bosses, I've been able to paint my car.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

TheMetal1 wrote: With so many other games, I still have yet to play...
Yeah, I literally have DOZENS of games I own but have yet to play. So I've put a moratorium on buying any more games until I actually play the ones I already own, and finish all of the ones I end up liking. Which I figure, if I like most of them and play most to completion, means I won't be buying any new games for about 4 years.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Treebore wrote:
Yeah, I literally have DOZENS of games I own but have yet to play. So I've put a moratorium on buying any more games until I actually play the ones I already own, and finish all of the ones I end up liking. Which I figure, if I like most of them and play most to completion, means I won't be buying any new games for about 4 years.
I'm kind of in the same boat right now. Way to many games both virtual and dead-tree versions. While I like to check out new things, I've got so much, that I'm not using as it is. And many of them really great games. Just got to play them and stop buying "Stuff." Don't want to cross the line from collector to hoarder!
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

TheMetal1 wrote:
Treebore wrote:
I'm kind of in the same boat right now. Way to many games both virtual and dead-tree versions. While I like to check out new things, I've got so much, that I'm not using as it is. And many of them really great games. Just got to play them and stop buying "Stuff." Don't want to cross the line from collector to hoarder!
Yeah, I have a lot of great games, by reputation, I have yet to play. Such as Shadows over Mordor, the new Dragon Age, the last couple of Batman games, the last 2 or 3 Assassins Creeds, and a lot more I am getting too ashamed to list. :oops:

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Just started Fallout 4 and Dark Souls 2. So far, both are awesome. I’ve only died eight times in Dark Souls 2, but I’m sure that number will only increase.

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

It got hella cold, so I'm taking a break from Dark Souls 2 and re-playing Skyrim. Finally planning on trying out the Thieves Guild quest.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Finally decided to buy Diablo III and the expansion thing for it. Installed but not yet played. Need a better mouse.

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Diablo III is a lot of fun, though I played it on console. Love the music, too.
serleran wrote:Finally decided to buy Diablo III and the expansion thing for it. Installed but not yet played. Need a better mouse.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

World of Tanks
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Decided to give Marvel Ultimate Alliance a shot. Decent (and fairly easy) game... until Mephisto. Not going to continue.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Finally started playing Witcher 3.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Pillars of Eternity

I need to start getting some of these spells ported to C&C.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

serleran wrote:Decided to give Marvel Ultimate Alliance a shot. Decent (and fairly easy) game... until Mephisto. Not going to continue.
Gave it another shot anyway, with a different path. Easier but not satisfying.

Otherwise, my wife dragged me in to play some "hidden object" stuff. Something about a clown stealing children. I dunno.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

My video game life has been taken over by Skyrim. Lots of Skyrim.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06