Are you running a regular face to face C&C game

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.

Are you running a current face to face C&C game?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:44 pm

Yes, out of a home
38%
Yes, out of a game store
No votes
Yes, out of a school, library, or other public area
No votes
Yes, somewhere else
3%
Not right now, but soon
7%
Not right now, but used to
41%
No, haven't gotten a group that wants to play C&C.
7%
No, but I play in one.
3%

Total votes: 29

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Are you running a regular face to face C&C game

Post by alcyone »

Are you running a regular, current as of April/May 2016 face to face game?
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Are you running a regular face to face C&C game

Post by Tadhg »

Not now, but used to from . . . late 2004 to about 2009 for my daughter, friend and several nephews.

8-)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

I'm running a game for my son and daughter.

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

Just wrapped up a year long, face-to-face C&C game that started at a Meet-Up one shot at a FLGS. Technically I am still running a C&C game for my two kids (ages 8 and 7), but we play maybe once or twice a month.

I wrapped up the C&C game so I could perhaps play for a while, since I normally GM.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I've been running a face to face C&C game out of my home for about 3 years now.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

RunningLaser
Mist Elf

Post by RunningLaser »

Just started CKing a game for my friends last week. Should be playing again tonight.

SmokestackJones
Hlobane Orc

Post by SmokestackJones »

HAIL yes! I run a Monday night C&C game in Bluffside. We're getting ready to finish a story arc on The Isle of Dread. We're thinking of taking a break for a couple months and play another system then it's back to Bluffside.

-SJ

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Yep, got a twice a month game running since the beginning of this year. Its centered on my Aedenne campaign with some Judges Guild thrown in for flavor. ;)

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

malchidael
Mist Elf

Post by malchidael »

Yes - Playing out of my own little dungeon. Typically monthly, but I would like to increase frequency. I've been pondering putting out the call for an every-other-week game at the FLGS, but until some health issues get resolved, that's not in the picture.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I've ran a number of C&C games, but none currently. Currently I am running Traveller.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Not currently, no plans to run one in the future, though I might play in one if someone else were to DM. Too much burn out to care to run any game, really.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

I answered "no, but used to" even though my 11-year old is constantly looking at his book, making characters, and drawing maps. But my normal table is playing FFG Star Wars at the moment. I'm itching to get back to some C&C, though.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

I see I cannot vote for the first option three times. :lol: I have several going, if not active. All are set on Oerth, home to the World of Greyhawk setting.

I have my 2013+ Ulek/Pomarj game, which is on a long-term hiatus. I'm awaiting one half of the players to show that they want to play again by committing to a date.

I have a 2014+ game with my son and my brother-in-law. This one takes place in The Haunted Highlands setting, specifically The Free City of Eskadia. One could say this is my Christoffersonian Campaign. :D This one has been on hiatus while we welcomed our daughter to the world and home. Now that our house is back to some semblance of normal, we should get this one going again soon. I have placed the Haunted Highlands on the western coast of the continent of Oerik in Greyhawk, meaning it is far west of the lands depicted on the Darlene maps.

I have a 2015+ game set in the Lendore Isles, using (so far) a mash-up of U1 & L1 on Lendore Isle proper. This game features my son, his classmate, his classmate's dad, and his classmate's uncle. The Church of the Big Gamble (L1) and the Haunted House (U1) were great fun as we ran the second session just a few weekends ago. This campaign has been hosted at the classmate's house, so it has been easier to schedule than the 2014+ one.

Finally, I have started a 2016+ solo game for my son for when only he and I can game. We originally started the 2014+ game as a solo but we invited his uncle to join when he was interested in playing (he is also a part of the 2013+ game and did not want to have to wait any longer to play again). So, this 2016+ is a "true solo" game. I am actually running this under AD&D to recapture my AD&D chops of 1982-1990 but will be using it to find the happy medium I want between it and C&C. So, this campaign will probably influence the other games behind the screen. This game is set in Idee. Far away from the more popular lands in Greyhawk, this will challenge me to port in pre-written adventures and (more challenging due to time constraints!) original adventures.

If you're still reading this far into my post, give yourself 400 xp!
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Missed this but as soon as my 5e campaign wraps up in a couple weeks we are going back to my heavily modified/mutilated C&C/D&D hybrid. As usual this will be in a store.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Been running multiple C&C face to face games per week for the past 10 years. No such thing as too much gaming time. :)
Promoting C&C at Gary Con and LGGC since 2005.