XBox is the devil...

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Omote
Battle Stag

XBox is the devil...

Post by Omote »

Just picked myself up an Xbox360 this weekend, and the awesome games JOHN WOO'S STRANGLEHOLD and ARMORED CORE 4. Yes, this damn machine ate about 20-24 hours of my life is 3 days.

STANGLEHOLD is the video game sequel to John Woo's hit film Hard Boiled. The game is pretty much mindless shooting everything that moves, but is pretty fun if you are into John Woo flicks from the 80s and 90s. Chow Yun Fat and John Woo personally star in the game which is neat.

ARMORED CORE 4 is fast-paced, mecha combat. Fantastic game if you like the series. I wasted lots of hours customizing my mech, only to get blow'd up so many times I lost count.

Still good time, despite the fact that XBox360 is the devil.

.....................................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

huds0n
Red Cap

Post by huds0n »

Now just add, Dead Rising, Gears of War, and Guitar Hero II to that list and you're good to go.

Trolllord Games

Convention Coordinator

Executive Director - TrollCon, Winter Dark
richard@trolllord.com

------------------------------------------

ALEA IACTA EST - THE DIE IS CAST

bulletmeat
Ungern

Post by bulletmeat »

Gears of Wars. Now that's a game that should be illegal.

synabetic
Ungern

Post by synabetic »

I played the crap out of Gears of War.

Stranglehold looks great... I'll have to pick it up... once I finally unpack my consoles.

Omote: You may like Chromehounds if you dig Armored Core 4. It's not as fast paced, but it's pretty enjoyable... Least I thought so. Also, FEAR on the 360 was quite good (I played it on both the PC and 360; dug both).

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Can't say I'd even look at games like that. They bore me quickly. Gets old just blasting away at crap... I'd rather just get out my paintball stuff and tag some local tourists.

FTracer
Ungern

Post by FTracer »

My current fav is the Call of Duty 4 beta. Once Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Army of Two and Mass Effect are out my free time is blown.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Dead Rising is defintely on my list, but I don;t want to sink in too deep and not finish Stranglehold and Armored Core 4.

Even though I didn't own a 360 untikl the other day, I played the hell out of Gears of War... I'm DONE with that game. As for the imminet release of HALO3, I'm not going to pick it up because everybody else will and I'll rapidly get sick of that game to. Never got into the Guitar Hero games.

.....................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

CharlieRock
Lore Drake

Post by CharlieRock »

I play this game for PS1:

It has a 3D map that is pretty big and you can control almost a platoon of fantasy hero types in turn based battles.

I played a lot of the higher end games, but this one is my most relaxing and fun.

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

No chieftains. CRYSIS.... yes, precious.... CRYSIS....
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Plaag
Red Cap

Post by Plaag »

Breakdaddy wrote:
No chieftains. CRYSIS.... yes, precious.... CRYSIS....

Oh hell yeah..only PC atm, but Cryis is a must buy for me in November.

And if you haven't played Far Cry, you must (though only on PC, XBox version screwed with it to much).

ShaneG.