Your two 'bestest' characters ever, and why you like them:

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Your two 'bestest' characters ever, and why you like them:

Post by slimykuotoan »

bestest: better than greatest; supreme super-duperest
For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Ooo, I should clarify this:

Your 'bestest' C&C character only.

To keep things current you understand.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

For C&C only? I would probably have to pick Zurgas, my minotaur fighter in Rigons DL game.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I've only every played one session of C&C myself, with one character. So I guess that would be my favorite C&C character. A 3rd level fighter named Cardon Feil, Swordsman of Borth. Pretty cool character as he beat down the cultists of the undead who ravaged his hometown of Borth.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Fairly easy, I've run more than I've played so technically I only have 3 to choose from.
'Tapper' Alestrong -- Dwarven Cleric (a pantheist) descended from a long line of Dwarven Brewmasters! He was a blast to roleplay.

and

Saga Takamori -- a multiclassed Monk/Assassan. Just a fun character all around with two classes that work real well together for purposes to multiclass.

The only other C&C character I have made and briefly played was a Dwarven Runemark. In part, this was a means to playtest my adaptation and conversion of the Runemark class (yep... another one). I only played a couple of sessions with him in a friend's campaign before I moved.

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Alcahaelas
Hlobane Orc

Post by Alcahaelas »

My nephew and I just started up a C&C campaign. We have two different story lines going so the group has two characters, one for each story line. I CK one side (in the West) and my nephew CK's the other (in the East).

In my campaign I have a half-orc Cleric named "Kael" who was created to help balance the party a bit, but he's turned out to be kinda fun to roleplay with. In a party of all demi-humans he's one of two "good" alignments in the group, which is an oddity (the players mostly chose chaotic neutral -- yep, they wanna rip things up!). Kael is 3rd level at this time, things are just starting to warm up for the party and they've got some heavy tasks ahead of them, when it's my turn to CK again.

My nephew (19 years old) started his campaign this weekend so we all rolled up new characters. We borrowed Treebore's Runemark class and developed it as an elemental-oriented class for our campaign. I'm playing a human Runemark named "Keg" (a nickname, he hasn't told anyone his real name). He appears to be a scruffy prospector with a godentag as his main weapon. He's equipped out for mining/spelunking because his aim is to delve into old crypts/dungeons in search of lost fragments of rune magic/knowledge to enhance his own abilities and understanding of the ancient magic. First time I whipped out a rune and used it the party just gave me a really funny look like I was some fruitcake--but they didn't mind my use of Create Water out of the rune, kinda like a hose, to wash a bunch of slug slime and acid off the unfortunate few who got splattered when my thrown Magic Stone blew up a slug and spewed goo over the front-line fighters. Good times. Can't wait to play some more with the Runemark, he's got some potential and my nephew has a good imagination for working things into his campaign, keeping people involved and playing a bit of the mind game to keep us guessing.

Hey Moriarty: If you have a class write-up for the Runemark I'd be interested in seeing what you use--or is that the same version that Treebore posted previously?

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

My best C&C character was the first one I put together some 2 years ago for an online PBP game that I played in with Rigon and some other peeps from the old TLG boards.

He was a gnome illusionist ~ Crayloon Wilf Talaviir from Mink Hollow in the Gnarley Forest in Greyhawk. Being the first character and my first PBP game, I put a lot into the character background.

We had a very good group and it was fun role playing a crazy trouble making gnome who like his tricks and pranks using his inate spells as well as those studied and learned each day.

The CK started us in B2 and from there to Quesqueton, so we had a good mix of RP'ing, exploration and combat.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

C&C only? Hmm, none, really. I don't get that attached since they're liable to die at any time. I've had fun with all of them, though, from the pigly halfling thief who tried to stuff a refrigerator into a bag of holding to my hippie gnome druid who sees everything in shades of orange... even the half-orc ranger who recently got himself a wondrous self (carved out of walrus tusk, no less.) I didn't get to play either of my gnome assassins very long (one at LGGC and one at GenCon) but they were fun, and versatile.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I have to go with Fynn Mac Fy'l a human lineage half-elf bard in Treebore's game. Especially now that he has a flying carpet.

I am also fond of Havyr Hamrsyn, a 3rd level human fighter in a game Skathros ran a while ago. He rocked with that hammer. Unfortunately he passed away while trying to defeat his arch-nemisis in sinlge combat.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Always the CK, never a player. No favorite C&C characters here.

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

Ja, seconded. I've had one real character, briefly, so it seems unfair to label them a favorite.
DangerDwarf wrote:
Always the CK, never a player. No favorite C&C characters here.

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

I cannot pick the best of the three I've had so far. All have been favorites, for different reasons. 1st was Einion Rheinallt, Half-Elven Bard, rolled up to be a pure adventurer. 2nd was Tasan'Ilemar, a Druid and a Mist Elf from The Crusader #7, who was mysterious and xenophobic. Current character is an Elven Rogue/Wizard, Saxifrage The Revocable, a Collector of Antiquities.

bulletmeat
Ungern

Post by bulletmeat »

oldskooler 'Thaco Fytor', Human Fighter; first C&C character ever.

longsword

dagger backup

small shield

studded leather

18 STR, 8 INT (I'll be damned if I didn't roll these)

. . . made it to second level, but then just had to open the cursed box with the demon inside.