Man I got banned for being a Troll! LOL!

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
ZeornWarlock

Man I got banned for being a Troll! LOL!

Post by ZeornWarlock »

It must be because the Trollords are luring me into becoming on of their own Mwa, Ha, Ha... To bad, I do not have regeneration!
Seriously, I post in forums like once every 6 months and I was able to get myself permanently banned from the EPIC Games forums in the Unreal Tournament Section for one post. LMAO! Stating I was trolling them.

Did not even know what trolling meant before that. lol Just because I told them they lost their roots and I was quite polite at it too, although I knew I would really hit a nerve by comparing their game to competition! However, never expected to be banned permanently! Go go freedom of speech.
Oh well, any of view was banned somewhere for one post before?
ZW.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

You, got the hammer thrown down upon you. How does it feel? Does it feel like VICOTRY!?!?

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

It smells like teen spirit.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I got permanently banned from rpgnet for posting a very friendly post. They called it "cross board" trolling. Why? Because I had a companion thread on this board. On this board I was telling people to watch the other thread. I was being nice, respectful, etc... However, because of the topic, I said watch how the flamig trolls over there would jump all over it and get rude, insulting, etc...

As expected they did. Then I thanked them for giving me a thread to prove once and for all how many flaming trolls are on rpgnet. Then I got banned for trolling. Cross board trolling. No loss because I was tired of rpgnet and their totally predictable over all behavior. Proven by my "cross board trolling" thread.

The fact that they banned me, the guy who was totally polite, was just further proof to me that rpgnet is a lost cause.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Realmsbard

Post by Realmsbard »

Im banned from the Pinnacle boards. I had the nerve to complain about how long it was taking to release the Shaintar setting. I had bought Savage Worlds and the Shaintar PHB almost two years prior, because of the promised setting book. I stated that I would not spend more money on their products until the setting was released. The mod Clint If I remember right, sent a PM telling me to pull or edit my post or he would. I told him that I told the truth and I would not change it. A half-hour later my post was gone and so was I.

Realmsbard

Post by Realmsbard »

Treebore wrote:
I got permanently banned from rpgnet for posting a very friendly post. They called it "cross board" trolling. Why? Because I had a companion thread on this board. On this board I was telling people to watch the other thread. I was being nice, respectful, etc... However, because of the topic, I said watch how the flamig trolls over there would jump all over it and get rude, insulting, etc...

As expected they did. Then I thanked them for giving me a thread to prove once and for all how many flaming trolls are on rpgnet. Then I got banned for trolling. Cross board trolling. No loss because I was tired of rpgnet and their totally predictable over all behavior. Proven by my "cross board trolling" thread.

The fact that they banned me, the guy who was totally polite, was just further proof to me that rpgnet is a lost cause.

What to he@@ is trolling?

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Realmsbard wrote:
[

What to he@@ is trolling?

Going into forums and chiming in on topics in such a way as to deliberately provoke people. Targeting specific posters for that purpose. Posting inflamatory topics and so forth. Often the person doing so will follow folks from board to board and engage in such activity.

Been a victim a time or two myself.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

The only board I can ever seem to get myself banned from is ENWorld.

Not currently banned, but I've been banned at least three or four times. Usually for being "passive aggressive". Which, really, means that well over half that board should be banned. One of the bans was for mocking Michael Morris, another was for being persnickety about my treatment by the good folks at PCGen. Can't immediately recall the rest.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I've been banned from lots of places, using different names and IP addresses. Proxies are fun.

NulSyn

Post by NulSyn »

I have been temporary banned from Palladium's board so many times I don't remember how many.

I've bought almost every palladium books twice, and love the settings.

But mention how you want a Megaversal Rulebook 2nd edition, or talk about how you'd like to make the game system better and they get a little mad.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Just mention how KS invented d20. That'll get you kicked right quick.

mordrene
Ulthal

Post by mordrene »

everyone remember, "you can't fix stupid."

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

NulSyn wrote:
I have been temporary banned from Palladium's board so many times I don't remember how many.

I've bought almost every palladium books twice, and love the settings.

But mention how you want a Megaversal Rulebook 2nd edition, or talk about how you'd like to make the game system better and they get a little mad.

Ha, that's funny. Back in the day I was banned several times from Pally. *shrugs* what can you do when a bunch of fans mod the board based on KS's (back then) crazed list of things thatcould not be said on those boards. Still love Pally, but don't post much over there anymore. I heard it got better though.

As for the Megaversal Rulebook, YES YES YES! Anyways...

-O
VAE VICTUS!

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Can't say I have been banned from anywhere, though I could say I may deserve at least some warnings for stuff I've done.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

NulSyn

Post by NulSyn »

Omote wrote:
Ha, that's funny. Back in the day I was banned several times from Pally. *shrugs* what can you do when a bunch of fans mod the board based on KS's (back then) crazed list of things thatcould not be said on those boards. Still love Pally, but don't post much over there anymore. I heard it got better though.

As for the Megaversal Rulebook, YES YES YES! Anyways...

-O

Yeah it got somewhat better, but I think a lot of it was simply a lot of us older players got tired of not being heard, or being boo-hissed away.

Thought of another, while not a banning, I was warned I was about to be banned on rpgnet. Apparently I was being snarky..........which I guess is bannable there?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

NulSyn wrote:
Yeah it got somewhat better, but I think a lot of it was simply a lot of us older players got tired of not being heard, or being boo-hissed away.

Thought of another, while not a banning, I was warned I was about to be banned on rpgnet. Apparently I was being snarky..........which I guess is bannable there?

No, if snarky was bannable over there about half there membership would be gone.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

NulSyn

Post by NulSyn »

Ah yes, point taken. Maybe my breath smelled bad. Because I honestly couldn't figure out what I said.(On second thought, it was a palladium thread some time ago. And Palladium threads there do not bode well for many.)

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Can someone explain this Pallidum thing to me? I have heard snippits but nothing real explanitory.

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Basically if you don't say you love Paladium products just as they are written you get kicked off their boards.

ZeornWarlock

Post by ZeornWarlock »

Treebore wrote:
Basically if you don't say you love Paladium products just as they are written you get kicked off their boards.

So that is what happened with me on the UTIII forums...
gideon_thorn wrote:
Going into forums and chiming in on topics in such a way as to deliberately provoke people. Targeting specific posters for that purpose. Posting inflamatory topics and so forth. Often the person doing so will follow folks from board to board and engage in such activity.

Well the topic was mine; however, I may have crossed the line a little in some parts. But hey, I have been following the series of that shooter since 99, so for 9 years of support, I would hope they could dish out some honest (maybe too honest!) opinion on a game I use to love.

Come to think of it, this sounds like dj-vu with a particular brand of RPG. One the bright side it made me discover C&C! Now I would never go back.

So maybe that will be the case with shooters, now if Duke Nukem Forever could come before I turn 80, now that would suit my FPS needs! Come get some! lol

ZW.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I want another classic style Doom. As for First person in general I'm pretty fond of the Metriod games.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Treebore wrote:

Yeah, they don't like Palladium bashers over there, and I can understand that. But Pally does have one nice forum that talks about other games and things that people are playing. There are some nice game conversations there from time to time.

-O
VAE VICTUS!