1E Goodman GenCon modules

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Treebore
Mogrl

1E Goodman GenCon modules

Post by Treebore »

Will both have limited availability via Noble Knight Games after GenCon. Joe is updating his news announcements to reflect this.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Holy Crap! I just took a look over on their site to see their new 1E offerings!

The flip book is REALLY cool and the two modules included are my two favorites from the 'Adventure Begins DCC'.

The Saga of the Rat King is EVEN COOLER!

I *NEED* to get these DAMN IT!

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I've got the last couple of 1E GenCON releases and they are great, so I'm most likely will pick these up.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Galadrin
Hlobane Orc

Post by Galadrin »

For those poor souls not going to GenCon, is there usually a way to get these after the convention? I see that Saga of the Rat King will be on Noble Knight, but what about the flip book? Is eBay my best bet?

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Galadrin wrote:
For those poor souls not going to GenCon, is there usually a way to get these after the convention? I see that Saga of the Rat King will be on Noble Knight, but what about the flip book? Is eBay my best bet?

For the last 2 GenCONS, I believe Joe sold them on his site or at least I'm pretty sure that's where I bought them.

Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

It'd be a good idea to check each day right after Gen Con. My memory seems to say that they sold off pretty quickly last year.
A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your face.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Galadrin wrote:

That is what my opening post is about, they will both be available to us poor schmuks who can't make Gen Con via Noble Knight Games, as long as their inventory outlasts demand. After Gen Con.

I guess I need to rewrite my OP to make that clearer.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

If they're that popular why not do more? It's kind of like the action figure market, I suppose. There has to be that "elusive" item. The company doesn't make one red cent off of the Ebay sales, but I guess there's the prestige of having the 50.00 or 100.00 dollar or whatever amount "much sought after item". I should have bought their 1E's at GC, and didn't. I think some are available in pdf, at least.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

tylermo wrote:
If they're that popular why not do more? It's kind of like the action figure market, I suppose. There has to be that "elusive" item. The company doesn't make one red cent off of the Ebay sales, but I guess there's the prestige of having the 50.00 or 100.00 dollar or whatever amount "much sought after item". I should have bought their 1E's at GC, and didn't. I think some are available in pdf, at least.

They aren't that popular. He consistently prints a certain number and consistently sells them. Partly due to eBay resellers who will buy a hundred copies at Gen Con and then resell them on eBay for highly inflated amounts.

So by making them available through Noble Knight he helps off set that and makes it possible for those "in the know" to at least get them even if they can't go to Gen Con.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

You're right, Treebore. I should have clarified that it's probably more the case with action figures, and other parts of the pop culture collecting spectrum. As for some of the past 1E DCC's, I'm assuming those are available in pdf only these days? How many are there total. I'd probably be interested in checking those out. Not to mention the latest two adventures for C&C. Treebore, you might have the answer to my next question. Can Goodman release C&C versions of their existing DCC's while being under the GSL. One would have 50+ mods go to waste after the move to 4E.

Keolander
Red Cap

Post by Keolander »

Definitely something I want to get! Thanks for the tip!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

tylermo wrote:
Treebore, you might have the answer to my next question. Can Goodman release C&C versions of their existing DCC's while being under the GSL. One would have 50+ mods go to waste after the move to 4E.

As I understand it, no. Joe is going to be doing more C&C mods, he hopes. But it does appear he is throwing away being able to convert his other DCC's.

Still, it isn't even absolutely clear he is going GSL, it just strongly appears to be so.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

tylermo wrote:
... As for some of the past 1E DCC's, I'm assuming those are available in pdf only these days? How many are there total. I'd probably be interested in checking those out.

At present there are only TWO out.

The first one was released for GenCon 2006 and is called the 'Iron Crypt of the Heretics'. It is a straight conversion of the module of the same name and is only available in PDF now.

The second one is called the 'Saga of the Witch Queen' and was released for GenCon 2007. Print versions appear to be still available at Goodman Games and their online store and is also available in PDF. This adventure is made up of the 'Legacy of Savage Kings' and the 'War of the Witch Queen' DCC's of the same title and also includes new bridging material titled 'The Lost Passage of the Drow'.

I love both of them and I'm currently running the Witch Queen Saga -- the player's are having a blast with them!

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I'll have to check those out. Hate to see all of those old d20 mods go to waste, but maybe it's the best move for Goodman. 3 and 3.5 will practically vanish in the marketplace. Paizo's 3.75 Pathfinder rpg, MIGHT make it, True 20 perhaps, and of course, TLG. So, maybe 4E is the ticket for Goodman. Just not for me, I suppose.

Galadrin
Hlobane Orc

Post by Galadrin »

Treebore wrote:
That is what my opening post is about, they will both be available to us poor schmuks who can't make Gen Con via Noble Knight Games, as long as their inventory outlasts demand. After Gen Con.

I guess I need to rewrite my OP to make that clearer.

Nah Tree, I just fail at reading! For some reason, I thought it was indicated somewhere that only Rat King would be available via Noble Knight.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I have heard the flipbook will not be available post GenCon. So, if this sort of thing interests you, you'd be better off having someone going buy you a copy, or you're looking at eBay at serious $ to get it after-the-fact.

Matthew
Unkbartig

Post by Matthew »

serleran wrote:
I have heard the flipbook will not be available post GenCon. So, if this sort of thing interests you, you'd be better off having someone going buy you a copy, or you're looking at eBay at serious $ to get it after-the-fact.

That was the original line, but I hear that now a limited number of the flipbook modules are expected to be available through Noble Knight Games.
It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after ones own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350)

Galadrin
Hlobane Orc

Post by Galadrin »

So I'm NOT going crazy! I'll have to keep an eye out for these things, they look pretty neat.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Galadrin wrote:
For some reason, I thought it was indicated somewhere that only Rat King would be available via Noble Knight.

Initially that was the case. Then I sent Joe an e-mail/posted on his message board about it and he responded he was making both available and was supposed to update the news announcements to say so.

I haven't looked to see if he did.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

serleran wrote:

Like Mathew said, that may have been the original plan, but Joe told me otherwise. I can't remember if he sent me an e-mail or posted a response on his boards about it, but the official news release was supposed to be changed to say this.

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Im definitely picking up the flipbook at Gen Con. It looks real slick!
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Barrataria
Red Cap

anybody notice

Post by Barrataria »

That the flipbook consists of modules for level 1 characters?

That, to me, strongly suggests a beginning, and not just some GenCon one-off...

Matthew
Unkbartig

Re: anybody notice

Post by Matthew »

Barrataria wrote:

They're conversions from DCC 29 The Adventure Begins, a 264 page hardback that contains twenty D20 adventures for level one characters. The special 1e section of the Goodman Games website suggests we may see more such conversions yet, but maybe not.
It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after ones own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350)

tacojohn4547

Re: anybody notice

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Barrataria wrote:

You know, you might have something there. I'll have to give that some thought...

Galadrin
Hlobane Orc

Post by Galadrin »

I would flip if I saw a 1e conversion of Crypt of the Devil Lich.

EDIT: No Tomb of Horrors jokes here, please...