Toys R Us and Fields of Battle

Discuss the SIEGE engine, and SIEGE Engine games other than C&C, such as StarSIEGE, in this forum.
alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Toys R Us and Fields of Battle

Post by alcyone »

I have a few canisters of those Toys R Us playsets:

2 sets of bone colored undead, with archers, scimitars, morningstars, etc.
2 sets of medieval types, one black, one grey, with cavalry, swordsmen, morningstars, axemen
1 set of mythical, green, with elfish archers, orcish warriors, dwarvish warriors, sorceresses, and dual wield rogue types

Additionally, between the sets I have several trees, rocks, ruins, magical portal, cages, castle, cannons, catapults, battering rams, pillars, candles, gravestone.

I think I'll photograph each unit type and post them at some point so we can get them statted for Fields of Battle. I'd like to try to do some small scenarios and work my way up to using maybe 1/4 of the pieces (I have a lot!).

Here's an example of what I have: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... age=search

These are a pretty good deal, but they are about the same scale as green army men, so it's hard to get a good battle going on a card table unless you go 20:1 or something. I also wonder about whether I need to put these in trays so I can wheel them, put them in rank and file, etc. I don't think Fields of Battle has too much of that. Again, because of the size, I am not sure that would work, but it would way cooler to have say, 5 archer minis instead of 1 in a unit.

Anyone have these and already statted them?

Also, because these have rubber-band powered siege weapons that shoot projectiles and ram and stuff, this probably would work well with Little Wars.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Toys R Us and Fields of Battle

Post by Julian Grimm »

Well, I see myself going to Toys R Us soon and spending a bunch of money.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Toys R Us and Fields of Battle

Post by Tadhg »

Yep, I bought a few buckets of these for the catapults, cages and ballistas several years ago for my large scale tabletop setup. I didn't use the soldiers as they were too big.

There's is a thread of mine somewhere on this board with pics, if you are interested.

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth