Metamorphosis Alpha for SIEGE?

Discuss the SIEGE engine, and SIEGE Engine games other than C&C, such as StarSIEGE, in this forum.
Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Metamorphosis Alpha for SIEGE?

Post by Tadhg »

Thanks for the report, Omote!

This will be awesome, if it happens!

:P
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Brick Hardslab
Mist Elf

Post by Brick Hardslab »

Ok, I don't know if anyone else has covered this and I apologize if I am covering well-trod ground. First, I've opened and have seriously started examining the book.

It's stunning in its perfect binding especially for its size. Second, I'm seriously tempted to run a space campaign based on the system. Is Star Siege similar?

Anyway, this is probably the best example of Troll Lord superior physical and written work on a classic game. If it wasn't big enough to choke a hippopotamus, it would be a perfect advertisement for troll Lord's quality.

Volomyre
Ungern

Post by Volomyre »

Brick Hardslab wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:47 am
Ok, I don't know if anyone else has covered this and I apologize if I am covering well-trod ground. First, I've opened and have seriously started examining the book.

It's stunning in its perfect binding especially for its size. Second, I'm seriously tempted to run a space campaign based on the system. Is Star Siege similar?

Anyway, this is probably the best example of Troll Lord superior physical and written work on a classic game. If it wasn't big enough to choke a hippopotamus, it would be a perfect advertisement for troll Lord's quality.
You are right, this is a big fat beautiful chunk of book! It's something I wanted to see since the 80's when I got the og Metamorphosis Alpha rpg. Is Starseige similar...no. I am sure you could use SS:EH or Amazing Aventures but you would have to stat up the mutations.

Brick Hardslab
Mist Elf

Post by Brick Hardslab »

Volomyre wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:19 pm
Brick Hardslab wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:47 am

You are right, this is a big fat beautiful chunk of book! It's something I wanted to see since the 80's when I got the og Metamorphosis Alpha rpg. Is Starseige similar...no. I am sure you could use SS:EH or Amazing Aventures but you would have to stat up the mutations.
The players first look at the inside of the Warden will be as C&C characters. So those will be made. I'm thinking AA with the powers book is a good fit.