Does Crusader plan regular publishing dates?

The Journal of Intrepid Adventurers.
finarvyn
Global Moderator

Does Crusader plan regular publishing dates?

Post by finarvyn »

Just wondering if there is a plan to make Crusader regular in rate of publishing -- yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly, whatever. Seems like we get an issue or two in rapid succession, then nothing for large spans of time.

I'm afraid I may have cursed the magazine. Ever since I sent in my FELLOWSHIP OF FORAGERS comic it seems like publication rate has dropped way off.... :oops:
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Re: Does Crusader plan regular publishing dates?

Post by Sir Ironside »

I've put my vote behind a bi-monthly schedule. Even a quarterly would be good. I don't see how it could sustain a monthly set-up as the Trolls really throw their weight behind a project to get it out there, where things like; The Crusader constantly gets a backseat treatment.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

The key for me is that it ought to be regular, no matter what the frequency is for the magazine. If folks know that "this is the 2011 issue" then so be it -- I'd rather have some sense as to when to expect it in the mailbox even if it means fewer issues.
Marv / Finarvyn

northtroll
Henchman

Post by northtroll »

I looked forward too each new Crusader and snatched it up from the shelf of my local game/comic store.I don't care if you print 2 a year and charge accordingly for a higher page count. Just PLEASE keep printing this awesome magazine!

zarathustra
Red Cap

Post by zarathustra »

I agree a reguar schedule would make it easier for people to follow the magazine, buy it & budget for it & build a circulation.

Sundog
Red Cap

Post by Sundog »

Very much agree with the general sentiment here. While it seems that the monthly schedule was not ultimately sustainable, a bi-monthly, quarterly, even an annual publication, would be vastly preferable to the current irregularity.

It's great to have an honest-to-goodness, paper and print magazine in one's hands, and it'd be a shame to lose that.
"History teaches us that men behave wisely after they've exhausted all other alternatives."

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

The Trolls did have a regular release/pub schedule, but unfortunately Jim Ward got very sick and that threw a big wrench into the gears of production. At the same time, the Trolls were hog wild on the CKG . . so stuff happened.

But, hopefully they will get back on it. Not sure if Jim is still going to be involved.

:?:

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

If I recall what Steve had said at Gen Con, he did say that #25 was supposed to have been ready for the con, but stuff got in the way. I got the impression (or maybe he said directly, as a lot of the 'Con is a blur now :P) that it's been on the backburner but it's not dead and that they'll be trying to release it at a more normal rate in the future.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

zarathustra
Red Cap

Post by zarathustra »

Maybe they just don't want to shoot themselves in the foot promising things & not being able to deliver on time (let's face it, no one has forgotten the ckg debacle).

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

zarathustra wrote:(let's face it, no one has forgotten the ckg debacle).
Funny...I've gotten by it. Ordered other stuff since then, and haven't been disappointed.

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

Sir Osis of Liver wrote:
Funny...I've gotten by it. Ordered other stuff since then, and haven't been disappointed.
Oh, I've never held a grudge over the CKG. I figure it's done when it's done and putting out crap just to meet a deadline is a lot worse long-term than getting it right but taking longer. Quite a few years overdue seems excessive, but it's not like they're a huge corporation cranking out materials. TLG is a somewhat small group putting out mostly top-quality products.

I continue to support them as well! I don't get disappointed much by them, either, although having some tentative release dates would be nice.
Marv / Finarvyn

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

finarvyn wrote:
Sir Osis of Liver wrote:
Oh, I've never held a grudge over the CKG. I figure it's done when it's done and putting out crap just to meet a deadline is a lot worse long-term than getting it right but taking longer. Quite a few years overdue seems excessive, but it's not like they're a huge corporation cranking out materials. TLG is a somewhat small group putting out mostly top-quality products.

I continue to support them as well! I don't get disappointed much by them, either, although having some tentative release dates would be nice.
+1

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Post by Christina Stiles »

Trolls don't understand this idea of a consistent Crusader schedule of which you speak. :)