The Crusader in Limbo?

The Journal of Intrepid Adventurers.
Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Re: The Crusader in Limbo?

Post by Sir Ironside »

Captain_K wrote:Why don't all the "wanters" and "contributors" start a page and start make submission wants then writers fill it, by the time the Trolls have free time to start pulling together the next issue, they will already have several submission to choose from that may have already been fairly well edited?

Just a thought why wait, start doing it now.
Because the Trolls already have submissions. I'm guessing the hold-up is they are trying to get in front of their Kickstarters, planning of future Kickstarters and getting their ducks all aligned before adding another project. Plus, Steve contributes heavily to The Crusader and, for now, his time is needed elsewhere. The sad fact is The Crusader is not a big money maker so probably gets bumped down the schedule frequently. But, until TLG gets caught up and things start to smooth out I'm guessing we'll just have to wait.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

Just to put things in perspective, Mongoose discontinued Signs & Portents some time back. In their case, the stated reason boiled down to money. They gave away too much in Signs & Portents for free and in this day and age, RPG publishers need every dime they can get.

A magazine is the last thing TLG should worry about.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

I'm hearing its dead or nearly so. Its always last on the list, rightfully so... that said, these boards are the next best thing, but the format is not that great. could not the Knights or a team from this group self publish, always leaving open for the Trolls to add as they see fit or "veto" as they see fit, but allow this crew to self publish a pdf each can down load and print as wanted. A rolling editorial staff, each taking turns with some basic ground rules... Start simple, give it a try.

Again, just a thought. Cost could be donations to TLG and an honorarium to the acting editor?

Just spit balling here..
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Captain_K wrote:I'm hearing its dead or nearly so. Its always last on the list, rightfully so... that said, these boards are the next best thing, but the format is not that great. could not the Knights or a team from this group self publish, always leaving open for the Trolls to add as they see fit or "veto" as they see fit, but allow this crew to self publish a pdf each can down load and print as wanted. A rolling editorial staff, each taking turns with some basic ground rules... Start simple, give it a try.

Again, just a thought. Cost could be donations to TLG and an honorarium to the acting editor?

Just spit balling here..
The Domesday Book is part of the revival of the C&CS/KotC. However, we are not to the point of even looking at it. One thing I would suggest is a Wiki to contain articles and material for the game.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

There already is / was a Wiki.