View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Sooner Con 
Mist Elf

Post Sooner Con
Are any of the Troll Lords going to be running a game at Sooner Con In Oklahoma City this year? I always looked forward to getting my yearly C&C fix, but no one was there to run a game last year. :cry:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:50 am
Maukling

Post Re: Sooner Con
I'll be there selling art and C&C books. I'll see if I can prod Steve into sending someone out to run games. Or find someone there willing to do so.

Not sure what sort of time I'll have since I generally end up doing lecture panels.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:17 am
Profile WWW
Ungern

I'm fairly new to the game, but I have been running other games for several years.
I might be able to swing by Soonercon and would be willing to run a game preferably on a Saturday, but might could do a Friday game.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:23 am
Mist Elf

I would hate for someone to go out of their way. I was just going to try to join one if it was available. I plan on running a game that weekend, but using a system called Fortune and Power. I am not comfortable enough to run a C&C game yet, but that could change between now and June.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:28 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Steve needs to deploy "Homieclaus" down to Soonercon to run some gameage!

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:33 pm
Ungern

Dark Okie wrote:
I would hate for someone to go out of their way. I was just going to try to join one if it was available. I plan on running a game that weekend, but using a system called Fortune and Power. I am not comfortable enough to run a C&C game yet, but that could change between now and June.

Trust me I wouldn't be going out of my way. I live in southwest Arkansas so I'm only a few hours from the Con and besides there is nothing better than the first time at a new Con.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:20 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

brotherdew wrote:
Dark Okie wrote:

Trust me I wouldn't be going out of my way. I live in southwest Arkansas so I'm only a few hours from the Con and besides there is nothing better than the first time at a new Con.

Hey brotherdew, howayou?

Hope it's a great CON and we'll see ya at TrollCON in Julep Eye!! :)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:49 am
Ulthal

Homieclaus wants to know when the Con is?

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:50 am
Profile WWW
Mist Elf

It is June 3-5. Here is a link.

http://www.soonercon.com/

Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:59 pm
Mist Elf

Brotherdew,

I will be running a game at Sooner Con on Friday. I am not sure on the time yet since I am still talking with the organizers.

Sun May 08, 2011 4:35 pm
Ungern

Great, I have to see if I can get off that Friday, shouldn't be a problem. let me know the time. My son will probably come with me.

I may not be able to stay for Saturday as work may require my time that day, so a Friday game sounds awesome.

Tue May 10, 2011 5:44 pm
Mist Elf

Cool :D

I hope your son would want to join us in the game as well.

Wed May 11, 2011 1:07 am
Ungern

Dark Oakie I just wanted to let you know that my son won't be making the trip to Soonercon. He has a school trip that weekend.

Sun May 15, 2011 1:04 pm
Mist Elf

That is to bad, I hope he enjoys the school trip.

What time is best for you on Friday, since you are traveling so far? I know the con opens at one.

Mon May 16, 2011 1:00 am
Ungern

I plan on being there at one and may be looking for a cheap place to crash Friday night if you know of such a place. I have vacation time reserved for the weekend and I plan to stay for most of Saturday as well.

Mon May 16, 2011 5:55 am
Mist Elf

I was looking around for a hotel, The ones I saw close to the convention were at least 100.00 a night. The further out you go, the less expensive they are.

I did find this hotel, the price is not that bad, and I think Soonercon was here one year, I have never stayed in it though. It is a mile and a half away from the convention.

http://www.bricktown-hotel.com/

Fri May 20, 2011 11:57 am
Ungern

Dark Okie I was just wondering when we are playing and how to find you when I get there.
I'm really looking forward to the event and getting to know a fellow C&C fan.
Do I need to roll up a character or will you be using pregen characters?

Sun May 29, 2011 1:02 pm
Mist Elf

Hey there,

I have not received a specific time, I was planning on doing it at one but that is when the con opens, and I imagine their will be a delay. I will try to get more specific info to you as it comes to me.

I was thinking of having the characters start at level five. I was going to have a pregen, but if you have something in mind let me know. Here is what they have on the Soonercon page about C&C. I look forward to running some games and getting to know a fellow Crusader.

Castles & Crusades RPG Demonstration
Date: Friday

Details: Beyond the comforts of home lie worlds of adventure. Here the brave take up sword and shield, bring sorcery to bare, call upon eldritch powers that only the wise dare use, or slip through the shadows to tread gloried paths of danger. With grim resolve, adventurers plunge into the maelstrom of uncertainty to plunder the dragon's horde. They track the wastelands and wilderness and creep into the dark, hidden places of the world to arrest the monstrous foe of his treasure. These are adventurers, bold and brave, heroes of renown. These are the characters of Castles & Crusades.

Castles & Crusades' easy to understand Siege Engine brings loads of fun and enjoyment to the gaming table.
Best played with 2-8 players.
Learn to play in as little as 15 minutes.
Character generation in under 15 minutes.
Attribute based rules system.
D20 based

Mon May 30, 2011 3:47 am
Ungern

I had a great time at Soonercon. I sat in on two C&C games ran by Dark Okie and we had a lot of fun.
I Just wanted to thank him for his hospitality and CKing skills.
I posted some pics on Facebook from the game.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:26 am
Mist Elf

Thank you for the kind words Brotherdew. I had a great time as well, and thanks for helping with the new players that came to our table. I was nervous about running C&C for the first time, but it went smoothly.

That weekend we had four middle school age kids come to our table; who had very little rpg experience and contributed well to the adventure. A good time was had by all. :D

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]