View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
GenCon... The Arrival 
Ulthal

Post GenCon... The Arrival
Woo hoo, checked in to hotel room, heading out to Scotty's for some pub and grub! Scotty's has one heck of a list of happenings... If you are here, come out and support the GenCon pub home of the Trolls!!!

http://www.scottysbrewhouse.com/ads/full-page/genconevents

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:14 am
Battle Stag

Post Re: GenCon... The Arrival
Nice Koralas. C&C from 1-4:45? Man, I am not going to make that one. But I will be at Scotty's Wednesday night around 7pm or so. Lots of Crusaders and fans of the Troll will be there then. I have it on pretty good authority.

Let's drink until we can't feel feelings anymore... crap, I can't as I have a game the next day at 8am! :/

~O

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:45 am
Profile WWW
Ulthal

Pix, or none of this happened... ;P

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
Maukling

I have arrived in Indy as well. Might try to get me roommate to head over to Scotty's after a decompress. :D

Troll Lord wrote:
Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:06 pm
Greater Lore Drake

JEALOUS!

At least I'm finally playing a 'live' game tonight, using maptool and skype. I can't wait!

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:48 pm
Beer Giant Jarl

The envy... it burns.

The Dungeoneering Dad

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
Red Cap

At Scotty's right now, looking to run in the back room! Boo-yeah!

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Maukling

Heh. I was there around 1-2 pm. Going to try to get back over there in a bit.

Troll Lord wrote:
Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:26 pm
Red Cap

Seemed like Wednesday evening was largely meet and greet, so there didn't appear to be a whole lot of interest in actually gaming before I left at 9:30ish (I had my screen up and advertising, and we had a couple players ready to go, but we couldn't find a solid four for me to run the adventure I'd prepped). I still had a blast, watching some flix on the big screen TV's, running into old friends and just talking shop. Still, I'm hopeful there's a good bunch of gaming yet to happen out in the back rooms of Scotty's.

My C&C game for Friday was a wash, so my Friday night freed up. If anyone is interested, I will be more than willing to run my Shards of Memory adventure Friday-- perhaps about 7ish, time subject to change, back in the side room... otherwise, I will be looking to sit in on someone else's adventure!

Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Unkbartig

Wow. I recall a Johnny Cash song that opens with "I woke up Sunday Mornin'.....with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt..."

So I tipped a tad too much brew at Scotty's and am in seriously bad shape this morning. Still, it was awesome to hang out with everyone. I know a few guys wanted to game last night, so sorry I never got that far. Tonight should prove to be a different story. On a different note, I am not sure how well we will be able to game in that place.....it is insanely loud.

Well, we are about to head out to the exhibition hall to do some shoppin', so I will check back in with you guys later on.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:26 pm
Ulthal

did my brief drive thru of Gencon this year (sadly I couldn't stay the night). I got a chance to chat with some of the fellas again including Steve, Breakdaddy, McBain, Kim and Peter. I also got to meet Derek (Omote) face to face for the first time, although it was a too brief conversation.

I did plan on stopping at Scottys afterwards, but my gps couldnt find it :evil: . The nearest Scottys it wanted to sendme too was 300 miles away, which I figured was not right :roll:

that was a bitbfrustrating as I've heard that it was really close to the convention center. next time Ill get directions from live people.

It was good to see everyone again and I hope to make it next year with a little more time to hang and game.

Btw, Robert's Engineering Castles looks super, the new ck screens are super thick (and came with the Golden Familar) and Peter added a bunch of new art (in color) to his sketchbook.

The Crusader Compliations looked neat as well and with a nice Gencon discount, but I had to pass since I had the originals already- its a nice pickup for anyone who doesnt have them yet.

Have fun at the rest of the convention folks!

Peace, Morty

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:43 am
Battle Stag

Morty! It was too short my friend. Well need to get some gaming in at some point. Great meeting you.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Battle Stag

BTW, there's so much hot anime @$$ here! Just saying.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Red Cap

Just wanted to say that it was great seeing Stephen Chenault again and meeting Breakdaddy in person. :)

I think picking up the CKG and talking with the Trolls has renewed my interest in C&C.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]