FG Con

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
damian
Mist Elf

FG Con

Post by damian »

Hey Trollz,

I want to let you know that FG Con is running our 4th Fantasy Grounds Online Convention from May 8th May 11th.

So far we have 43 sessions available and player registrations just opened on Wednesday.

Everything is free to play – you can download a trial version of Fantasy Grounds from their website and get on TeamSpeak and join in.

We have a stack of Pathfinder Games along with some Castles & Crusades (of course), Dungeons & Dragons, Basic Role Playing, Star Wars, Fate, Gumshoe, Champions, Extinction Event Alpha and Savage Worlds! Im running a Castles & Crusades session :)

The FG Con website is here: http://www.fg-con.com

If you wanted to run a short post about the event or if I could post one in your forums we’d really appreciate it  and we could post some links back to your site.

Some quick stats:

43 Game Sessions
245 Player Slots
10 Rulesets being played
100 hours of gaming from May 8th – May 11th

There are at least another 5 games likely to get posted in the next week or so.

We can be contacted via [email protected]
FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: FG Con

Post by alcyone »

Tried to register but no joy, never emailed me. I attended FG-Con one year, it was pretty fun. I look forward to seeing how the new C&C engine works.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I did get registered, and I'll see if I am free that week to sign up for any C&C games. So far there is one C&C game. I think most years there have been 1-3 C&C games. Hopefully more this year. Don't they typically run a deal where if you run a game you get a temporary Ultimate license upgrade, maybe that would get more CKs willing to give it a shot.

I don't feel familiar enough yet with the new FG stuff to run an FG-con game, but I guess I have till May to poke around.

For those that say, well, I don't have Fantasy Grounds, so I guess I'm out, generally most people running a game have an Ultimate license, which means you can use the freely downloadable client to connect. The new C&C ruleset is pretty neat-looking and worth your time to check out; there are character sheets and little conveniences during combat, 3d dice and all that. I think the convention is using TeamSpeak as a default to organize chats and provide voice during games.

It's going to be mostly Pathfinder and Savage Worlds games by a long shot, but there are a few others. I think Numenera is a supported system now too.

If you are on Linux or OS X, you can still maybe play:

Requirements:
Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
DirectX 9.0 or better
DirectX 9.0 compatible video adapter
RAM: 4 GB
Internet Connection

OR

Linux or Mac with Wine 1.1.28 (or higher) or other Wine based cross-platform software such as CrossOver Mac

* For Mac OSX users, we highly recommend the free solution, WineBottler. Fantasy Grounds and any add-ons can all be installed in a single bottle and it runs great. Not only does this work for Fantasy Grounds, but it also allows Mac OSX users to run a number of different Windows apps in an environment that closely resembles native Mac OSX applications. The link can be found here: http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/.

DirectX 9.0 compatible video adapter
RAM: 4 GB
Internet Connection

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'd be willing to run games, but I've never bought FG. Never felt the need with what else is available for free or a much more manageable "cost" (IE Roll 20). If I was I'd be running a Castles and Crusades game, probably Traveller and Legend of the 5 Rings as well.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

damian
Mist Elf

Post by damian »

@Aergraith - I've noticed a few SPAM filters snaffle the initial registration confirmation email. If you do a forgot password that email always seems to go thru - its just that first one which is annoying.

Same deal - all Full License Holders get upgraded to Ultimate for that weekend (we just advertise it as players play free - same end result).

Im running a Castles & Crusades session and one other is too. Mine will be quite different to the normal game I run - Im hoping it will be a lot of fun.

@Treebore - its great there are lots of options available for online gaming these days. Roll20 is a lot easier to get a pickup game running but running a Castles&Crusades game on Fantasy Grounds is so much easier. ok, ok, thats my opinion any way :)

If you have some time that weekend there are games (lots more non C&C games but lifes not perfect) running at most hours of the day and night.
FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

My problem is I live in the middle of no where and my ISP has it set up to where I can't Port Forward anything. So while I can play I'd never be able to use FG as a GM. My ISP has it set up so that their Firewall is between me and the rest of the world, and it is their ID that is seen, not mine.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

damian
Mist Elf

Post by damian »

Hey Treebore - ahhh welll - being a player is not so bad is it?
Let me know if you do sign up to any games :)

damian
Mist Elf

Post by damian »

44 Game Sessions
2 Castles & Crusades Sessions
20 Pathfinder Sessions
7 Savage Worlds Sessions
Other rulesets include: D&D3.5, FATE, BRP, Star Wars, GUMSHOE, Extinction Event Alpha

Free to play. Players can use free/demo license to play.

Im running the Castles&Crusades session: Elene's Necklace

http://www.fg-con.com/events

damian
Mist Elf

Post by damian »

Hey @Treebore I see you signed up for the a Castles & Crusades session :) Its just waiting on the CK to approve your booking. Welcome aboard.

http://www.fg-con.com/events/castles-cr ... he-trap-2/
Castles & Crusades – The Trap
Heroes have heeded the call to Castle Morgath to rid the estate of a curse… Will the cleansing go as planned?

Players will pick from a stock of ready-made 3rd level characters for this one-off 3 hour Action-Mystery. Character choice is First come, first Serve. Players will name their chosen Character and will be given a small snippet of information. Then the game begins!

I will have the Game up 30 min early to support “New” players and get them up to speed on the Interface.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Treebore wrote:My problem is I live in the middle of no where and my ISP has it set up to where I can't Port Forward anything. So while I can play I'd never be able to use FG as a GM. My ISP has it set up so that their Firewall is between me and the rest of the world, and it is their ID that is seen, not mine.
Tree, I had an ISP that did the same a few years ago. I called Tech support and explained what I was doing (they put those restrictions in to stop nefarious activities supposedly). The tech opened up my I.P. for doing it. It can only be done if you have a static I.P. of course. Most techs are gamers of one kind or another.

An idea anyway.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

damian
Mist Elf

Post by damian »

Just over 1 week to go!

47 sessions set to run now. We have had a Rolemaster and 2 Numenera sessions added in the last 24hrs.

http://www.fg-con.com/events

Completely free to play, can use free/demo license and no Con fees.

20 Pathfinder sessions
8 Savage Worlds sessions
Castles & Crusades
Extinction Event Alpha
GUMSHOE
Basic Role Playing
D&D 3.5
Star Wars
FATE
Champions (Playtest)
Numenera
Rolemaster Classic

damian
Mist Elf

Post by damian »

The 4th FG Con - Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention is running this weekend. 49 sessions - all totally free to participate. Pathfinder, Basic Role Playing, Savage Worlds, Numenera, Star Wars, D&D, Castles & Castles, Rolemaster Classic, Champions, Extinction Event, Gumshoe, Fate, Dungeon Crawl Classics. http://www.fg-con.com/

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

BRP Star Frontiers sounds interesting.

I wish more of the entries stated whether pre-gens were available or if experience with the system was necessary.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I had a good time, I'll have to make this a habit for me. Hopefully next time I'll have some solutions figured out and being able to run some games.

damian
Mist Elf

Post by damian »

For anyone interested in buying Fantasy Grounds - it launched on Steam this week and is 25% off - and lots of rulesets are also 25% off.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/252690
Sale has only 16hours to go!