Switch to full style
Forums for Troll Con & Other Convention Discussions
Post a reply

Re: Gary Con XI

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:44 am

Ancalagon wrote:
weare138 wrote:Hey Ancalagon! I'm locked in on your Thursday session really looking forward to that one.
Excellent! Please introduce yourself when you reach the table. I enjoy putting faces with names of forum members. 8-)

No doubt man, the name is Craig. I have never adventured in Harn and couldn't let the opportunity slip past me. especially using the c&c ruleset! :D

Re: Gary Con XI

Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:09 am

weare138 wrote:
Ancalagon wrote:
weare138 wrote:Hey Ancalagon! I'm locked in on your Thursday session really looking forward to that one.
Excellent! Please introduce yourself when you reach the table. I enjoy putting faces with names of forum members. 8-)

No doubt man, the name is Craig. I have never adventured in Harn and couldn't let the opportunity slip past me. especially using the c&c ruleset! :D
It was a pleasure to meet you and I had a blast running my Castles & Crusades in Hârn adventure for you and the others at the table! I hope we have the opportunity to sling dice again at a future convention. 8-)

Re: Gary Con XI

Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:47 am

That was a great one! My only problem now is keeping myself from buying all that Harn material. I didn't realize just how much stuff is out there.

Re: Gary Con XI

Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:32 pm

Good convention, as always. Getting crazy crowded. I wonder when GaryCon heads to Milwaukee due to the increasing size?

~O

Re: Gary Con XI

Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Luke has reportedly said he has no intention of taking the con out of Lake Geneva.

Re: Gary Con XI

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:11 am

weare138 wrote:That was a great one!
Thanks! Much appreciated. 8-)
weare138 wrote:My only problem now is keeping myself from buying all that Harn material. I didn't realize just how much stuff is out there.
Lots of great material available for Harn! When I decided to give the setting a try I just picked one of the kingdoms, Orbaal, and bought the source material for it. I've been adding to my library ever since. ;)

Re: Gary Con XI

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:13 am

Buttmonkey wrote:Luke has reportedly said he has no intention of taking the con out of Lake Geneva.
He'll need to cap attendance at some point or build a parking deck to handle all the vehicles. :lol:

Re: Gary Con XI

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:15 pm

What makes it a bit sad though is that the Grand Geneva sold out of hotel rooms in less than 1 hour this year for the GaryCon 2020. That makes getting into the con more of a lottery like GenCon. I don't know about any other attendees, but this GaryCon seemed larger than ever before. Especially Sunday for some reason. The convention areas were packed to the gills on Sunday.

~O

Re: Gary Con XI

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:00 am

Me and two friends ran into Luke G. on Sunday evening. Luke said attendance was 2,922 so that explains why it was packed... and pretty noisy in the Forums and in the Westgate room in which I ran my games. Don't get me wrong, I had a good time, but I definitely noticed the noise.

Re: Gary Con XI

Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:26 pm

So the hotel is sold out already? Guess I'm not going again next year...

Re: Gary Con XI

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:35 pm

It reportedly sold out in 45 minutes or 2 hours depending on the report. There are other nearby hotels with a convention rate and shuttles run between the Grand Geneva and the other hotels. Staying off site is less than ideal, but it is doable.

Re: Gary Con XI

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:26 pm

That may be true, but there are medical issues at play so if I can't stay onsite then I'm just not going to be able to attend.

Re: Gary Con XI

Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:53 pm

rkhigdon wrote:That may be true, but there are medical issues at play so if I can't stay onsite then I'm just not going to be able to attend.

That's too bad. Maybe 2021 will work out better.
Post a reply