Troll Con V

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Troll Con V

Post by Troll Lord »

We've begun negotiations on the site for Troll Con V! I am confident that this will pan out very nicely. So get your pens ready to mark your calenders! Of course we don't have a date yet. LOL

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

Arioch

Post by Arioch »

Sounds good,

ken

Alas poor Elric I was a thousand times more evil than you

Slice N Dice: Game and Pizza Parlour

WWBYD What would Brigham Young do ?
http://www.geocities.com/J_Elric_Smith/Index.html

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Um...where? Please tell me it's not being held in that void space they call Arkansas. I've been through there...almost fading away to nothingness.
Brian Miller

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Oklahoma or some such place if I remember the Trolls correctly.

........................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

www.okcastle.com

Go check out the site.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Wow. That place looks pretty cool. Defintely would seem like a good place for a TrollKon.

Hee hee, the look on the "family faces" when they intermingle with Troll gamers!
.............................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Omote wrote:
Wow. That place looks pretty cool. Defintely would seem like a good place for a TrollKon.

Hee hee, the look on the "family faces" when they intermingle with Troll gamers!

FPQ

*chuckles* During the ren faire, in may, there are 155 cast members in costume putting the show on. About 3/4ths of em are gamers. One or two of them original D&D playtesters.

Between OKC, Dallas, Kansas City and Fayetteville Arkansas there is a rather large gaming community. Tulsa actually hosts a rather large gaming convention, which is coming up in a few weeks.

The point being, no one's going to freak out the Castle staff or too many of the locals. ^_~`

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

gideon_thorne wrote:
The point being, no one's going to freak out the Castle staff or too many of the locals. ^_~`

Shucks. 8)

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!

qstor
Ungern

Post by qstor »

What about Lake Geneva Con 2007?

Mike
"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom."
--G'Kar from “Babylon 5”

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

qstor wrote:
What about Lake Geneva Con 2007?

Mike
http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames

Ya mean this?

Peter Bradley

qstor
Ungern

Post by qstor »

gideon_thorne wrote:
http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames

Ya mean this?

Doh Yeah that...cool its still on...

Mike
"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom."
--G'Kar from “Babylon 5”

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Does this Castle have rooms (hotel type) for rent? I can't spot anything about it on the site. Then when I called their 800 number I got a message I haven't heard since 9/11, "all circuits are busy, please try again later." every time I tried.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Treebore wrote:
Does this Castle have rooms (hotel type) for rent? I can't spot anything about it on the site. Then when I called their 800 number I got a message I haven't heard since 9/11, "all circuits are busy, please try again later." every time I tried.

No, the castle itself doesn't have rooms. Hotels are close by in the surrounding area though.

Peter Bradley

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Can you tell me who is closest? Amerisuites? Motel 6? Extended Stay America? Who has nternet access available?

I ned that same kind of info for the LGGC next June. Does the website for the LGGC have this info?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Treebore wrote:
Can you tell me who is closest? Amerisuites? Motel 6? Extended Stay America? Who has nternet access available?

I ned that same kind of info for the LGGC next June. Does the website for the LGGC have this info?

The LGGC site has hotel info.

But as for the Castle location...

I will compile some info and post it here over the next couple of days.

I dont know who's got what sort of internet, but the Muskogee hotels are within a good stretch of the legs walking distance. No more than a mile or so.

Peter Bradley

tamitroll

Troll Con Info

Post by tamitroll »

Here's the website.
http://www.lggc.net/tcindex.html

Have at pre-reg. You guys will be the first to know when it gets a new home.

Of course if you have questions, email me.

Thanks

Tami

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Anyone know how close the bus station is to the Castle and hotels? Lookin' like that's the route I'm gonna have to take so I don't leave the wife and kids carless.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

DangerDwarf wrote:
Anyone know how close the bus station is to the Castle and hotels? Lookin' like that's the route I'm gonna have to take so I don't leave the wife and kids carless.

The bus stop is about 10-15 minutes away by car.

Peter Bradley

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Thanks. Trying to formulate my game plan as it looks like I'll actually be able to make this.

I'm kinda getting geared up about it, never been to a con before.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Why don't we see about ending up in the same hotel and sharing a car rental? If I can get a good deal through Enterprise that would probably be $20 to $25/day for us to split. Maybe even less. As long as your insured it shouldn't be a problem putting your name on as an additional driver.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Sounds great to me. As the time gets closer just lemme know what hotels you are looking at.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'm waiting on Peter to make some recomendations, since he lives near there and has "heard" things. He said he would get a list together.

Maybe he thought what Tamitroll offered up told me what I want to know.

I want closest and most convenient. I don't care if its a Motel 6 or an Extended Stay America. As long as they are decently managed and don't have much problems with criminals.

For example. I stayed at a $140.00 per night hotel for a week. On day 3 my car window was smashed out and my wife's laptop and about $500.00 of other stuff was stolen.

The police officer let me know this area of town was a "hot spot" for such crimes. The hotel sure as heck didn't clue me in!

So that is the kind of stuff I want to know.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

http://www.okcastle.com/areabusiness.pdf

On that pdf are a few of the hotels that have 'deal's for Castle events. Ill see if I can dig out some more in a bit.

Peter Bradley

huds0n
Red Cap

Post by huds0n »

I mentioned this to the wife tonight. I proposed it as a "weekend getaway" for the both of us. Much to my suprise, she was quite receptive to the idea. Who knows, right now its looking very promising.

Trolllord Games

Convention Coordinator

Executive Director - TrollCon, Winter Dark
[email protected]

------------------------------------------

ALEA IACTA EST - THE DIE IS CAST

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

If anyone going wants to split a hotel (if this becomes a reality) let me know. And if people are diving through S. Ill, I'd help pay for gas in exchange for a ride.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

Mac Golden
Hlobane Orc

date

Post by Mac Golden »

I will be there.

Do we have dates yet or proposed dates?

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

March 9,10 & 11.

Mac Golden
Hlobane Orc

thanks

Post by Mac Golden »

sweet. Peter, what is the best hotel?

tamitroll

Troll Con

Post by tamitroll »

Hi

The website listed on the top of this page is for pre-reg. I have set up a block to the whole hotel and will update this page in mere moments.

Thanks

Tami

PS

This website is fairly up and running just wiating for a premenate home.

Here's the website.
http://www.lggc.net/tcindex.html

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: Troll Con

Post by gideon_thorne »

It should be noted that, for an activity at the Troll Con, there will be some folks performing a live stage combat chessboard.

The Red Griffin Production company is very entertaining and their Chessboard performances are well worth watching.

Peter Bradley