GenCon 2010

Forums for Troll Con & Other Convention Discussions
Piperdog
Unkbartig

GenCon 2010

Post by Piperdog »

Hey all.

Despite there being no "official" TLG presence at GenCon this year, we will still be having our annual tournament, as well as some thrown down games for the evenings. I just thought I would start this thread early so we could coordinate who is going to be where...and who is paying for the first round of beer. That sort of thing.

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

Very cool. I'm sure the game will be a hit again this year!
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I'll be down at the GenCon on Wed-Sun. I pretty sure I'm in the Friday C&C tournament game. There will be plenty of time for side-quests!

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Like I said elsewhere, we will not be there this year, looks like we will be going to Disney California and San Diego Zoo instead.

I am sure the Society will have a ton of fun, though!

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I was told in early April that GenCon might be ruled out. It will be different without TLG there. At least my Savage Worlds buddies will still be sharing a booth with Studio 2 Publishing. On a side note, will Stephen, Peter, Mark, Davis, Todd, and rest be in attendance as regular attendees?

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

tylermo wrote:
I was told in early April that GenCon might be ruled out. It will be different without TLG there. At least my Savage Worlds buddies will still be sharing a booth with Studio 2 Publishing. On a side note, will Stephen, Peter, Mark, Davis, Todd, and rest be in attendance as regular attendees?

That seems pretty doubtful at this point but it's not been completely ruled out for at least Steve.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Davis better get his booty up to the Indy. I think he owes me a beer! Or I owe him, can't remember.

Whoa, does this mean the Daddy o' da Break won't be making it to GenCon either?! Sum bitch!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

Omote wrote:
Davis better get his booty up to the Indy. I think he owes me a beer! Or I owe him, can't remember.

Whoa, does this mean the Daddy o' da Break won't be making it to GenCon either?! Sum bitch!

~O

I dunno chieftain, it's an open question right now
-Genghis Khan

Malperion
Ungern

Post by Malperion »

The Minneapolis contigent (Paul, Mark and Jay) that played in the C&C Tourney session that PiperDog ran last year will be there for another go in 2010. I'm also running a StarSiege game this year for those that are interested (Check out "The Cold Grave of Space" in the GenCon catalog).

Malperion
Ungern

Post by Malperion »

And I nearly forgot to add.....we will be buying and drinking much beer; hopefully in the fine company of the C&C faithful that we met last year!

Dain Bramage
Henchman

Post by Dain Bramage »

Malperion wrote:
The Minneapolis contigent (Paul, Mark and Jay) that played in the C&C Tourney session that PiperDog ran last year will be there for another go in 2010. I'm also running a StarSiege game this year for those that are interested (Check out "The Cold Grave of Space" in the GenCon catalog).

In all likelihood we will be dragging another member of our group with us too. There is a rumor of another old school RPG group heading down too. I am sure we can pull them in too.

Piper, lookin' forward to another wacky tourney session. Don't let Jay buy the monkey this year. He has been flining poo for months now.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Minneapolis will be representin'! Hope to get a chance to hang with you kids again. ROLL THE BONES!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Quote:
Piper, lookin' forward to another wacky tourney session. Don't let Jay buy the monkey this year. He has been flining poo for months now.

Dude, that was hilarious! It will be just as much fun this year. The module is coming along very nicely. For a teaser, it takes place in a Tagean colony called Danai, a City-State off the coast of the mainland, just north of the Ligon Channels. There will be quite a Greek/Roman flavor this time around (it IS the Tageans after all). I will also be debuting my Pankratiast class (and possible combinations in the form of class-and-a-half) in the PreGens.

My brother is cowriting this with me, and we are having a blast.

As to other gaming, this looks to be a great year. I am trying to confirm with Steve whether or not he will be throwing us a little shindig at the Slippery Noodle. If not, I will plan a Society party for everyone.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Quote:
And I nearly forgot to add.....we will be buying and drinking much beer; hopefully in the fine company of the C&C faithful that we met last year!

Amen, brother.

Malperion
Ungern

Post by Malperion »

Greek/Roman flavor? That's my cup 'O' tea nowadays!

My wife and I are plowing through that old HBO series Rome , so I'm primed for all that ancient world style intrigue if there is any of that to be had.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Thats right. Get your bronze breastplate and greaves ready my friend. When you read the info on Tagea, you really see the whole Spartan thing coming on strong there.

"THIS...IS...TAGEEEEEAAAAAAAA!"*kicks orc off cliff*

But even though the locale may be a bit exotic, players will have the whole spectrum of pregens, from all over the Cradle of the World. There will be some token Tagean guys to choose from though, including my monk replacement, the Pankratiast. (and a gladiator type dude...a Fighter/class&1/2 Pankratiast).

As to Rome, the HBO series, I thought about getting the dvd set and watching it...is it worth it?

Malperion
Ungern

Post by Malperion »

Rome is very worth it. Well written and interwoven with historical and semi-fictional characters with that HBO serving of sex and violence. Hopefully Game of Thrones is done like this when it comes out.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

The sadness is I will not be there this year - I had to let Eric know some time ago and can verify here that GenCon just had to leave my plans - I lost one of the 2 classes I was supposed to teach this summer and that's a loss of 3K in revenue I was going to support extra travel this summer with.

But Eric and (I believe) his brother will still be carrying the flag forward for the Society games and I hope all of you who get to go will have an excellent time!

I will still be at Troll Con (as that was essentially already paid for from some earlier monies I got and the tickets already purchased).

Alea Iacta Est!

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Malperion
Ungern

Post by Malperion »

I'm sorry not to see you this year John! I certainly understand needing to manage finances nowadays. We'll drink a toast to you in any event. Maybe we'll see you next year (or we Minneapolis folk will make it to Troll Con next time around).

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Well, John, I was hoping that you would still be able to make it...I am a little disappointed to say the least. But I certainly understand the finances thing....which is why I can't make it to Troll Con. My brother lives in Indy, about 20 minutes from the downtown area, so it is very affordble for us to go (and almost no excuse to NOT go)

Jared said he is more than happy to jump in and run the event for you John. I am planning on next year being a major con year for me, though, and am targeting TrollCon as a major one. But still, I hope to make Con on the Cob, GaryCon, and mayber Origins., which are all pretty close to home.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Now that I have the M&T of Airhde...I am really cookin' on my mods (tourney and others). My brother and I continue to work on it.

Talked to Steve. He will be there and is planning a party at the Slippery Noodle for us for sure. Friday night I think he said. Gonna be fun!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Yup, with Seskis not making it, it will be a smaller C&C presence for sure. Hopefully we can band together and make up for the deficiency by finding new players and playing even more C&C!

To arms!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Additionally PDog, I think Jared might be playing in a game that I am running on that Wednesday night during GenCon. Jared plays with my buddy Brian down there in Indy. I'm not exatly sure how all of that is going to work out at this point yet, but as the time gets closer check with him to see what's up with it.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Small world, O! I was down there in Indy a couple months ago to visit J-man, and I threw down a game of C&C for him, my son, and Brian. Cool guy. Yeah, Jared, Brian, and Mike are gaming pretty regular now...I want to say Brians brother-in-law joined too. Mainly 4e I think....Jared has a cool campaign going he calls "the Magocracy", where the Gods are almost gone from the world, and Mages have started a nazi type regime that is sweeping the lands. I only played two sessions, but it is cool. I think he is weaving that into the regular 4e mods as well.

Anyhoo, I won't be in til late Wed. night, arriving with kids in tow at my brothers house, ready to crash.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Indeed, a small world. That's cool. We'll just see you down there on that Friday for sure than. I think both Brian and I are playing in at least one of the C&C Society games. Not sure if yours or your brothers.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Did somebody say gathering on Friday night at GenCon? I might be free at that timr. Where is this Slippery Noodle you speak of?

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

A popular jazz bar in downtown Indy behind the football stadium and the convention center. A real slick place.
http://tinyurl.com/34w4qq9

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Should be a great time! I am looking at my schedule at work, and may take an extra vacation day so that we will be at my brothers on Tues. night. Not sure though.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

This was a great day off today! I got a lot of work done on the tourney mod. Changed the working title to "The Duplicity of Devils"; will probably change it again before it's finished. lol.

cinderblock
Ulthal

Post by cinderblock »

I understand the Trolls will not be at Gencon but will there be anyone there as a vendor for TLG merchandise?

"You can wordify anything if you just verb it."-again, Bucky Katt