GenCon 2010

Forums for Troll Con & Other Convention Discussions
Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

I know last year saw somebody out of MI selling a bunch of older TLG stuff in particular (lots of GFW books especially, even many copies of Yggsburgh) on the cheap. Something like $5/book, as I recall...I picked up a bunch of stuff. Extra copy of Yggsburgh, the books for the 3.5 version of Blackmoor...they were really good to me. I think they may have had some older printings of C&C stuff, but none of the current material as I recall.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

The mod for the con is coming along. I have had little time the last couple of weeks to work on it. I am hoping to a have a playable version in two weeks. For those not attending the con, I can forward a copy of the adventure draft for you to playtest.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

BRING THE PAIN P-DOG! We can take it.

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

zacharythefirst
Red Cap

Post by zacharythefirst »

Does anyone know if TLG products will still be available through arrangement at one of the other booths? I've got a pretty good crowd coming, and I'd like to be able to steer them that way.

(I already know they'll be hitting the GameScience/Gamestation booth).
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
-Tennyson

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Hi guys, I won't be making it to GenCon this year, but if you're up for some board game action, I'd recommend my friend's game - Divide and Conquer. It's very easy to learn, quick to play, and a lot of fun.

Baron of the Pitt
Castles & Crusades Society
The Dungeoneering Dad

Greywolf
Skobbit

Post by Greywolf »

Omote wrote:
Additionally PDog, I think Jared might be playing in a game that I am running on that Wednesday night during GenCon. Jared plays with my buddy Brian down there in Indy. I'm not exatly sure how all of that is going to work out at this point yet, but as the time gets closer check with him to see what's up with it.

~O

What game are you running on the Wednesday night?

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Castles & Crusades at the host's request.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

So GenCon is right around the corner... Like 5 days away!!! There are a few C&C Tourny games going on, and even Davis Chenault might be running a game (he's a damn fun CK). Though it's not scheduled as far as I know.

Any other TLG MB gatherings?

Any good off-the-grid games going on that you need to promote?

The time is almost here...

~
VAE VICTUS!

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

O is right, its almost upon us. I am wrapping up the tourney mod just in the nick of time it seems.

If all goes well, Omote, my boys and I may be over at Brians for the cookout; if so, I would hope there is room in your C&C game (I think Jared said you were running it after the cookout). If we make it late into town, we will probably just crash at my brothers house.

As to off the grid games, I was hoping to beg Tylermo into running a Savage Worlds game for me, my boys, and my brother. There is the possibility that the Minneapolis crew will be running a StarSiege game as well for us. I can run my Ascendancy of the Horned Legion mod as well for those who want to....and if Davis is running a game, I would love to jump in on that as well.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Also, the Tourney Mod is very long, and Jared and I fear that, even with chopping out chunks of it, we may not get through it. If this happens, we will offer an Encore Presentation of it off the grid for those that want to finish it up later on.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

This all sounds like great stuff. I hope we get to pla a game or two together. Piper, PM sent.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Getting ready to leave for Indy today! My boys and I are packing, and last minute stuff to do. Hopefully we'll be on the road about lunch time.

I plan on doing a few con updates with pics to post throughout the weekend if time permits.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Have fun everyone. Safe trips to and from. And roll a bunch of nat 20s.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007