Pictures for my upcoming Castles and Crusades Game

Join Peter Bradley and other artists in discussions on art and presentation.
nightstorm
Red Cap

Pictures for my upcoming Castles and Crusades Game

Post by nightstorm »

Ok so I'm going try to post them here. I'm very bad with photobucket and sites like this. As for the art, these are photoshops of pics mostly from the net, though some are of my derived from my own pics. These are not for sale, and are mostly a exercise. With that out of the way, The first batch is of Three "Kings" that rule a Large City State together. Largely unknown to the outside world , The Three; Masdela, Gallen and D'arcon work hard to keep the outside world at bay from thier Utopia

D'arcon (Chaotic Neutral Human(?) Sorcerer/Wizard

Gallen (Neutral Good half elf Bard)

Masdela (lawful neutral human knight )

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Re: Pictures for my upcomming Castles and Crusades Game

Post by Breakdaddy »

fixed it for you. just edit your post to see how to properly format an img code.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

opps sorry I didnt know you were doing that. Could you please do it again???

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

I'll try again with another one. This time Tosk, the Demilich ruler. This one is my from start to finished. The skull was a plastic halloween toy.

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

Hecate, Goddess of Crossroads and Magic

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

Azazel (Son of Iuz) Sorcerer/Monk

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

Morning Glory - Summer Court Nymph

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

That last one is definitely NSFW or KID friendly....
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

Go0gleplex wrote:That last one is definitely NSFW or KID friendly....
I take afront to that . My work (not photoshop) has shown in Art Museums and gallerys.
Not kid friendly? this is something you could see at an museum.

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

Anyway, moving along, This last one is Alton Syn a neutral evil (mostly human) necromancer. His only goal is to find King Tosk and steal the secret of lichdom from him.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Pictures for my upcoming Castles and Crusades Game

Post by Go0gleplex »

Take afront all you like. My comment is geared towards the fact that there are children that come here and their parents would not take kindly to their being exposed to nude art. While there is nothing wrong with it artistically, this is the wrong forum to be displaying it in.

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

Black Agnes -Cannibal Witch Female Green Hag

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

I should note, as long as its in good taste, there's nothing particularly wrong with posting nude art. A simple warning, and perhaps just leaving it as a link is a sensible limitation

This is the artists alley. Its entirely appropriate to post art here.
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

gideon_thorne wrote:I should note, as long as its in good taste, there's nothing particularly wrong with posting nude art. A simple warning, and perhaps just leaving it as a link is a sensible limitation
That's pretty much how they handle it over at TMP with the nude mini's. Then it goes back to the parents keeping tabs on their kids themselves.

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

So, having said all that, This link is to a picture of a topless woman. If you are uneducated and cannot deal with art, please do not go to this link :P
http://www.flickr.com/photos/princeofci ... 385625964/

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

Iuz the Old

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

nightstorm wrote: If you are uneducated and cannot deal with art, please do not go to this link :P
While I can appreciate the artistic value of this sort of thing, I really don't think this kind of BS is necessary. His point was completely valid, as is yours that it's art, and we should be mature enough to be able to deal with it.

That being said, however, I generally wouldn't be all that worried about my kid lurking about on these forums. The folks who've been here since before I joined them have all been really good about providing sage advice that is appropriate for anybody. We as adults can understand art for what it is. Kids, especially in this day and age...well, in many cases, I'd question that.

I've got minis that I've painted that, while being generally artistic (given what limited artistic skills I possess), aren't things that I would post on these forums. I might post them on a more secure setting, but not someplace like this. It's not our forum...it's Steve's and the rest of the Troll Lords. I would hate to do something that would jeopardize their ability to keep the forums up for the rest of us.

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

Hey! I put a smiley face on it. Everyone knows it's ok if a smiley face is on it. :P
For me(not to get off subject) it really hit home because I was in Cincinnati Ohio as an art student when we had the Mapplethorpe Trial. A very sad day for freedom and art I tell you. Not to speak ill of them, but I was the ONLY student that went down to the protests and not one word from the instructors about it. After all that was "gay art" and some of the subjects were.... black. Of course all worked out for the best. The star "art expert witness" saying it had no artistic value was an elderly woman that painted scenery for the Captian Kangaroo show. I kid you not. Ask me sometimes about my cincinnati stories. I have a million of them.

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Gentlemen, I believe all the points about the artistic controversy we've discussed have been made and that further discourse along those lines would be problematic. Let's keep this discussion on topic hereafter please.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

Sir Timmins- Knight Protector of the Great Kingdom

Joe
Unkbartig

Post by Joe »

nightstorm wrote:So, having said all that, This link is to a picture of a topless woman. http://www.flickr.com/photos/princeofci ... 385625964/
Seems tame compared to the original succubus in AD&D Monster Manual or ANY of the content in many of our kids games today.

I like to frequent this forum as opposed to others because of the friendly and respectful banter as opposed to those other sites?

So tell me...what sort of media are you using?

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

Joe wrote:
nightstorm wrote:So, having said all that, This link is to a picture of a topless woman. http://www.flickr.com/photos/princeofci ... 385625964/
Seems tame compared to the original succubus in AD&D Monster Manual or ANY of the content in many of our kids games today.

I like to frequent this forum as opposed to others because of the friendly and respectful banter as opposed to those other sites?

So tell me...what sort of media are you using?
It's photoshop cs3
Features I like to use are Lens flare, watercolor, posterize, Hue , satuation. I also like to directly manipulate it by "hand" using the brush and stamp features take for instance this piece here:
In this case I took a pic of a plastic halloween skull I found at the trolley station sitting on a garbage can.
From that pic I converted it to black and white. I then blacken the eye sockets and used the lens flare feature in the eyes. the light shed by lens flare is cast on the skull and using hue and saturate I came to the color. I finished with the posterization feature.

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

Graz'zt - Prince of Darkness
God Symbol: Black six fingered hand
Graz'zt only recently acended (decended?) into godhood when he killed and took the divine energy of Zodal, god of Mercy.

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

KERWYN THE BLUE -Consort to Queen Mab

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

QUEEN MAB- Fairie Queen
Mab acts as if she is unaware of the things that goes on around her.
It's a rue ofcourse, for she keeps tabs on those within her circle. Take for instance the plot between her consort Kerwyn Blue and the nymph Morning Glory to un throne her. She not only became aware of it the moment it hatched, but has follow the betrayal every step.

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

IF they get through the second level next week (please dear Lord let them!) The players will find this pendent on a body they find. I cannot say WHOSE body they find it on (one of the players reads these posts)
The pendent is worth about 800 gps. It's gold and silver.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

nightstorm wrote:QUEEN MAB- Fairie Queen
Mab acts as if she is unaware of the things that goes on around her.
It's a rue ofcourse, for she keeps tabs on those within her circle. Take for instance the plot between her consort Kerwyn Blue and the nymph Morning Glory to un throne her. She not only became aware of it the moment it hatched, but has follow the betrayal every step.
I really like this one nightstorm. Well done! I have no issues with nude in art, but can appreciate peoples concerns with their kids. Mine is only 2 yrs old and any pic/avatar she sees she calls it a monster anyways :)

Then again, if people leave their kids unattended on the Internet, thats a parental choice (and not a smart one depending on the age). There are MANY sites with far worse that than your pics, even if they are called 'art'.

L.S.

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

Thanks L.S.
Castle Darkholme, a future adventuring site.

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

Well, I've been busy lately. Not certain if all of these are new here, but they are one's that are in my head right now. Been playing the tiefling D'arcon in my sunday C&C game. But now I'm thinking of a new character. Not certain which if any of these will be the one.

Sir Byron Darkholme - human knight lawful good or Neutral good Noble/Knight. In my own campaign the Darkholme family is riddled with the supernatural and darkness. The baby dragon was given to him by an unknown source. It came in a wooden chest.

Image[/url]

The Mage Branson- in this version he's Neutral, and his love human.
Image[/url]

The Illusionist Branson. In this one Branson is a 1/2 elf illusionist (tieing in with the illusionary nature of fairie) and his love is a 1/2 orc bard!
Image[/url]

Malnor , the Fairie Prince I'm thinking Knight/Illusionist class and a half. pic from the Tudors tv show.
Image[/url]

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

Image[/url]