Skills & Mutliclass Options

A place to discuss out-of-print or discontinued TLG products.
moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Skills & Mutliclass Options

Post by moriarty777 »

With Yggsburgh and all associated material gone, will there be an effort to clean up or rewrite this appendix which had been previously released as a free PDF for C&C?

And just cause I'm already asking... the various critters that might have been found in the books which were not necessarily tied to any product identity (I seem to recall for example a giant turtle) could these see the light of day again with perhaps a new descriptive writeup?

I'll gladly volunteer if no one has the time to do it... and if you do have the time or think it's a good idea, this might make excellent material for a future issue of the Crusader if you are not sure of the medium to release for.

I have all the stuff myself, but I recently came across a few people new to the Crusade that was asking about the Skills and Multi-class rules so I thought this an excellent opportunity to pass this on.

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: Skills & Mutliclass Options

Post by gideon_thorne »

You'll have to talk to Gygax Games about such things. TLG isn't associated with these projects any more.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

gideon_thorne wrote:
You'll have to talk to Gygax Games about such things. TLG isn't associated with these projects any more.

Well, I'm not asking specifically to reprint any deemed intellectual property by Gygax Games either. Basic creatures use a OGL-based stat block inline with the C&C License when it game to saves being mental or physical prime.

A giant turtle is well... a giant TURTLE after all!
As for the 'mechanics' of multi-classing -- these remain mechanics based on an OGL framework.

I will grant the skills might be pushing into a grey area though but I think it remains a valid question with regarding the other material. I don't see why Gygax Games would have to approached if there is no mention of Yggsburgh, Zagyg, or similar material which is part of their IP. Isn't the material I'm referring to largely (if not completely) covered by the standard OGL with the exception of the Siege mechanic?

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Nothing would stop TLG from releasing a turtle, giant, if desired. It would have a different description, maybe different stats, but its the name of a common thing and cannot be owned -- things that could be would something like the Losel which stem from Gary's Gord the Rogue novels.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Anyone ever use those rules for multi-classing, and if so how did it turn out?