CZ boxed set

A place to discuss out-of-print or discontinued TLG products.
finarvyn
Global Moderator

CZ boxed set

Post by finarvyn »

Thinking of selling my Castle Zygig stuff, including the "upper levels" boxed set. Any idea what the value is for this? (I know it was quickly out of print.)
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Re: CZ boxed set

Post by DMSamuel »

The value is what people will pay (a.k.a. it is worth what the market will bear). I know that's not helpful though.

My helpful advice is this: Look at sold listings on ebay and at other used online outlets. The sold price will tell you what it is actually worth, rather than the pie-in-the-sky amount some people think it may be worth. I've seen it listed for a thousand dollars on ebay - no way it will get that much - a decent copy can go for 2 or 3 hundred though, from what I have seen.
~DMSamuel
---

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

Also, I am looking for two of the Yggsburgh softcover supplements (East Corner and storehouse district), so if you are selling those, I would be interested! If you are selling as a lot, PM me and we may be able to negotiate a price.
~DMSamuel
---

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

Last sold on eBay was in UK went for $276 us dollars (ish).. The hardback is $100 Ish also... But you never know.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333926178986?h ... Swwk5gVLqH

-Mike

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

DMSamuel wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:18 pm
Also, I am looking for two of the Yggsburgh softcover supplements (East Corner and storehouse district), so if you are selling those, I would be interested! If you are selling as a lot, PM me and we may be able to negotiate a price.
I thought I had a complete set but I'm not sure if "East Corner" and "East Mark" are the same thing.

Honestly, I hadn't gotten far enough to think about selling individual or as a lot. I have been thinking of taking some stuff to Noble Knight and I knew that the boxed set was pretty rare, which is why I started the thread. Here's what I have at the moment.

Upper Works (boxed set)
Yggsburgh (hardback)
Yggsburgh (hardback; second copy)
East Mark Gazeteer (shrinkwrap)
East Mark Gazeteer (second copy, no shrinkwrap)
Moat Gate
Town Halls
Store House District
Dark Chateau Adventure Module
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

finarvyn wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:11 am
DMSamuel wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:18 pm
I thought I had a complete set but I'm not sure if "East Corner" and "East Mark" are the same thing.

Honestly, I hadn't gotten far enough to think about selling individual or as a lot. I have been thinking of taking some stuff to Noble Knight and I knew that the boxed set was pretty rare, which is why I started the thread. Here's what I have at the moment.

Upper Works (boxed set)
Yggsburgh (hardback)
Yggsburgh (hardback; second copy)
East Mark Gazeteer (shrinkwrap)
East Mark Gazeteer (second copy, no shrinkwrap)
Moat Gate
Town Halls
Store House District
That's almost exactly the stuff I have as well. I am missing the Store House District and East Corner. You are missing just the East Corner.

East Corner is a different product from East Mark. East Corner is a booklet like the Town Halls and Moat Gate books, not a folio like the East Mark.

East Corner Listing on RPGGeek
~DMSamuel
---

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

And from experience, if you have the means/patience to list on Ebay or somewhere like that, you'll get more than Noble Knight will give you. They're fine because it's pretty hassle free but I've traded stuff to them and then seen them list my stuff for 4-5 times the price they gave me. So if you're just looking to clear shelf space, that's one thing, but CZ, especially that much and in good condition, should bring a bit more coin. Even the Acaeum can be a decent place to sell, though it can take awhile there.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

The last time I offered to sell everything I have CZ, which includes limited run GenCon Gary-signed stuff, the offer was $300. I declined.

I do hope you get more for yours if you choose to sell.

General Lopez
Henchman

Post by General Lopez »

Hello all, anyone looking to sell their CZ items, mainly interested in the ones below, but will consider others. Please PM if you are
Moat Gate
Store House District

Also East Corner was only offered as a pdf, is that one still available for sale somewhere? None of the others were sold as a PDF, correct?