What game would you play but can't

TLG d20, Necromancer Games and general. Discuss any game not covered in another forum.
GameOgre
Ulthal

What game would you play but can't

Post by GameOgre »

What game would you play but can't because you can't get anyone to play.

Paranoia is top of my list followed by Toon. I would say Discworld but I got my kids to at least play it with me back when they were 10.

Come on people what games do you love in secret or at least want to play but can't find anyone to play with?

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: What game would you play but can't

Post by Treebore »

I've been lucky, sooner or later I am able to find someone to play a game ith, whether it is my kids, at a Con, or the online Thursday group, etc...

The online Thursday groups whole purpose is to play any RPG we are interested in, so we have played Paranoia, Twilight 2000, Silhouette, EPIC rpg, Go Fer Yer Gun, its where I found out how awesome Aces and Eights is, etc...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Sadly, C&C. Finally getting in on some Savage Worlds soon.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Luckily between Maptool and PbP I can get my C&C fix even if my group isn't really into it right now. There are dozens of games I'd like to play, even for a session.

Lately the one I want to play but can't is Das Schwarze Auge, published in English as The Dark Eye. It's too much like our other fantasy games to get much interest, and too different to just pick up and run for a session. Also, I bought it in PDF, which means printing lots of stuff out if we are to do characters at the same time.

Also have been sitting on Dragon Age since it came out.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Really, none. There are certain settings I would love to play that I can never get to, but for the most part I get to play in all of the games I want to at this point. If I had to choose, I would say Aces & Eights. I would not want to run that game, but as a player I would love to get into a good game with someone who understands the Old West.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Omote wrote:Really, none. There are certain settings I would love to play that I can never get to, but for the most part I get to play in all of the games I want to at this point. If I had to choose, I would say Aces & Eights. I would not want to run that game, but as a player I would love to get into a good game with someone who understands the Old West.

~O
I should be running this for the Thursday group some time within the next 6 months, but I think you normally have a game on Thursdays.

Anyone interested in trying out Aces and Eights and on line gaming on Thursday nights keep an eye on the online gaming forum, we announce what game is up next. Like right now we are getting started on FATE Starblazers.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Oh, and Skyrealms of Jorune. It's an interesting setting, in some ways reminiscent of Tekumel or Arcana Evolved.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Duty and Honour.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Treebore wrote:
Omote wrote:Really, none. There are certain settings I would love to play that I can never get to, but for the most part I get to play in all of the games I want to at this point. If I had to choose, I would say Aces & Eights. I would not want to run that game, but as a player I would love to get into a good game with someone who understands the Old West.

~O
I should be running this for the Thursday group some time within the next 6 months, but I think you normally have a game on Thursdays.

Anyone interested in trying out Aces and Eights and on line gaming on Thursday nights keep an eye on the online gaming forum, we announce what game is up next. Like right now we are getting started on FATE Starblazers.
Yessir. Thanks for mentioning your upcoming game. It's probably not something I could do because our sit-down gaming group meets most Thursdays, but it will be a gaming thread I will most likely follow. ;)

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

S.Baldrick
Ungern

Post by S.Baldrick »

Castles and Crusades. I have even gone as far as giving some of my gamer friends copies of the C&C Players Handbooks as Christmas and birthdays gifts but only one person that I play with has ever wanted to try it. I am a member of a very large and active RPG meetup group and I have not had any luck with that. I would also like to play the Conan RPG but I don't think that will happen either.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

The only games I would like to play but could not would be those which I do not own, such as Bunnies and Burrows. Without that minor inconvenience, I could ask my players to try anything... at least for a few game sessions.

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

S.Baldrick wrote:Castles and Crusades. I have even gone as far as giving some of my gamer friends copies of the C&C Players Handbooks as Christmas and birthdays gifts but only one person that I play with has ever wanted to try it.
Sounds just like me. Unfortunately, I think C&C's appeal doesn't show until you've played once or twice and it's hard to convince folks to change systems based on that.

Rikitiki
Red Cap

Post by Rikitiki »

Unfortunately, the one I can't play requires something I don't
have at the moment: a girlfriend. :(

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

Rikitiki wrote:Unfortunately, the one I can't play requires something I don't
have at the moment: a girlfriend. :(
I seem to recall a solo version of that game... :lol:
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

Demiurge
Red Cap

Post by Demiurge »

For me it's Gamma World or any post-apoc game with mutants and robots. My players have 0 interest.
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Demiurge wrote:For me it's Gamma World or any post-apoc game with mutants and robots. My players have 0 interest.
Good call! I would love me some Gamma World.

ThrorII
Red Cap

Post by ThrorII »

I have a purer C&Cized home version of 'Go Fer Yer Guns' that I'd love to run, but my group is not in to westerns.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Hide the salami with Christina Hendricks!

I'm pretty sure I would have a good chance at success!

Gaming is FUN!

:D
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

Rhuvein wrote:Hide the salami with Christina Hendricks!
Can someone come in here and lock this thread? Ross just won.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

AGNKim wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:Hide the salami with Christina Hendricks!
Can someone come in here and lock this thread? Ross just won.

He needs pictures in order to win.

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

- Stargate SG-1
- Mutants and Masterminds
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Yeah, SG-1 would be cool. SGU would be better. ;)

~O
VAE VICTUS!

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Post by maasenstodt »

I'd really like to try Dying Earth, but that's a game that demands having read Jack Vance, which none in my group have.

While I own all of the published materials for both Buck Rogers: XXVc and Lords of Creation, I've not been able to generate enough interest to play either.

Finally, I'm really interested in playing the new iteration of HackMaster, but I'm waiting for a bit more support material to be released before offering that to my players.

Shenron
Hlobane Orc

Post by Shenron »

I would have to say the following, but I would want to be a player and not run it if I could avoid it;

> Serenity
> Kill Puppies for Satan
> Deadlands
> Underground

qstor
Ungern

Post by qstor »

I wanted to play Mutant Future.

Mike
"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom."
--G'Kar from “Babylon 5”

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

I would like someone to run something FATE for me, so I can finally wrap my head around the system - whenever I try to read through any FATE-based game rule book, my eyes glaze over for some reason ...

REHowardfanatic
Hlobane Orc

Post by REHowardfanatic »

Twister with Anna Faris, Christina Ricci, and Kirsten Dundst.
Why dream small? :lol:

Seriously though, I wish I could a group of Pendragon fanatics. I love the game and I know a freakishly massive amount of stuff on King Arthur, but, alas, no players.
Flaming is the alignment language of the internet.

If you like DC Heroes, come check out my blog:
http://mayfairexponentialrpg.blogspot.com/

cinderblock
Ulthal

Post by cinderblock »

So many to choose from just by looking at the shelf but I think the three that stand out the most would be
Dangerous Journeys
Earthdawn
Undergound
Those games just speak to me and no one else in my group can hear them. *sigh*

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

I can't get my group to give GURPS a try. They love the fiddly bits, and I think they'd like GURPS because of that, but it's still a no-go.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

mordrene
Ulthal

Post by mordrene »

i am going to vote (besides christine hendricks) is legendary adventures. i have the trolllord stuff but have never played.