View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Throwing Oil 
Ungern

Post Throwing Oil
Am I missing something here?

I can't seem to find definitive rules on how throwing flaming oil or other grenade-like missiles works. Nor can I find a post that deals with it in these forums, which makes me think I'm overlooking something.

Now there is a chart on the CK Screens and some rules on throwing grenades in the Castle Keepers Guide. However, there are no rules (that I can find) that specifically cover this weapon type. If you combine the CKG and screen info you can get a pretty good idea of how its intended to work, but there is no specific info on such things as continuing damage, AC of a 5x5 square, damage for splash v. direct hit, etc.

I thought I would see if I'm missing something before I fill in the blanks with a house rule.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:34 pm
Mogrl

Post Re: Throwing Oil
AC = 10, with range penalties applicable. But, more than the AC, there should be a check to see if the thing breaks / spills. A direct hit should cause more damage, say 1d8/1d10. A splash would be save for none, half automatic. Continual damage = 1 HP / round.

Or, you can make it complex. Your call.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]