Questions !

Where CKs swap ideas and players figure out what's coming.

Moderator: Keeper Advice Moderators

doomed_bishop

Questions !

Post by doomed_bishop »

Ok! I just want to make thing clearer to me, because when I do not understand the mechanical system of magic creation. All information than I say are taken in the Monstrous & Treasure third printing. So here we go for a blitz of question!

1- When I take the section Creating Magic Items (page 87) what can we create with this? And if we follow the rule of this section, the only thing you need in terms of class is being a Cleric, druid, wizard or illusionist.

2- If I look the section Creating unusual Items (page 88), what can I create with this?

3- If I want to create a Weapon, Miscellaneous weapons, armor & shield, miscellaneous magic, Rings that are in the book where I go to catch these information?

4- If I want to create a Weapon, Miscellaneous weapons, armor & shield, miscellaneous magic, Rings, that arent in the book, where I go to catch this information?

5- How are you doing to know the caster level for creating armor; more clearly i don't know how to do to decide de level of enchantment and the level of the abilities ?!?

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: Questions !

Post by gideon_thorne »

doomed_bishop wrote:
Ok! I just want to make thing clearer to me, because when I do not understand the mechanical system of magic creation. All information than I say are taken in the Monstrous & Treasure third printing. So here we go for a blitz of question!

1- When I take the section Creating Magic Items (page 87) what can we create with this? And if we follow the rule of this section, the only thing you need in terms of class is being a Cleric, druid, wizard or illusionist.

Anything you want.

The above 4 classes are generally used to create magic items. No reason you couldn't extend it to other classes if desired.
Quote:
2- If I look the section Creating unusual Items (page 88), what can I create with this?

Anything you can invent with your imagination.
Quote:
3- If I want to create a Weapon, Miscellaneous weapons, armor & shield, miscellaneous magic, Rings that are in the book where I go to catch these information?

4- If I want to create a Weapon, Miscellaneous weapons, armor & shield, miscellaneous magic, Rings, that arent in the book, where I go to catch this information?

Under the appropriate headings.

If its not in the book, make it up.
Quote:
5- How are you doing to know the caster level for creating armor; more clearly i don't know how to do to decide de level of enchantment and the level of the abilities ?!?

"For an item with only an enchantment bonus, the caster level is 3 times the enchantment bonus"

What that means, clearly, is for a +1 bonus a character must be at least 3rd level. However, as it says on page 88, a caster has to be of a certain minimum level to create a magic item. Wizards and illusionists get the ability at 9th, and clerics and druids get the ability at 12th.

As to how you decide the abilities, that's up to you.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach