No Country for Weak Men - new free C&C adventure available

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
dawnrazor
Mist Elf

No Country for Weak Men - new free C&C adventure available

Post by dawnrazor »

Just before Christmas I uploaded a little present for you guys over at the Knights of the Crusade site and it has just been approved!

"No Country for Weak Men" a free C&C compatible adventure featuring a traditional dungeon and meant to be played the hard way. Dark, shitty and remorseless. And if the creepy Draugr don’t get you the cold or lack of food will...

Tentatively I'd say it's for 4-5 level 3-4 PCs but it's not "balanced" in any way so be careful if using your favourite PCs.

What you get:
-A tomb dungeon with 15 locations
-1 new unique boss monster
-4 new undead monsters
-3 new magic items
-4 new spells
-A small sandbox area - The Silent Valley - roughly outlined and supported with an area map

There's also a separate free PDF with larger resolution maps for game use available here: https://app.box.com/s/qx9973aod9ddb3sczyy81bx5ehnv5hjm

This version is specifically written for Castles & Crusades compatibility, but easily converted or used with any OSR or d20 style rule system.

Hope you guys enjoy and please come back with feedback and heroic tales of how it went down for your players!

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: No Country for Weak Men - new free C&C adventure availab

Post by Treebore »

So we need to sign into the actual KotC site to get the adventure PDF?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Hey that sounds cool, thanks for sharing dawnrazor.

Which draugr did you use, the one from Classic Monsters or the one from Codex Nordica?

Maps look good.

Now for the meat, I'm not a member of that other forum, is there another way to get a copy of the PDF?

Many thanks,

Rhu. :)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

dawnrazor
Mist Elf

Post by dawnrazor »

Treebore wrote:So we need to sign into the actual KotC site to get the adventure PDF?
Yes, the Knight level of the Knights of the Crusade site. Apparently, that's the only "legal" way to publish your home made C&C stuff.

I would prefer to publish it on DTRPG (and Lulu for print) as I do with my Swords & Wizardry and Blood & Treasure stuff, but from what I gather, the C&C license doesn't allow that.

Or am I wrong here??

dawnrazor
Mist Elf

Post by dawnrazor »

Rhuvein wrote: Which draugr did you use, the one from Classic Monsters or the one from Codex Nordica?

Now for the meat, I'm not a member of that other forum, is there another way to get a copy of the PDF?
Thanks Rhu!

When I originally wrote the adventure I didn't own a single C&C book, so I made them up myself.

As for the PDF, it's only available on the KotC site for now. I'm not sure if the Trolls would agree if I put it up for download anywhere else.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

dawnrazor wrote:
Rhuvein wrote: Which draugr did you use, the one from Classic Monsters or the one from Codex Nordica?

Thanks Rhu!

When I originally wrote the adventure I didn't own a single C&C book, so I made them up myself.

As for the PDF, it's only available on the KotC site for now. I'm not sure if the Trolls would agree if I put it up for download anywhere else.
That's cool that you made them up!

I'll have to sign up at the kotc site, then so I can have a look see!

:)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

dawnrazor, I signed up at the site and I can't find your module, nor do I see your name listed on the society rolls.

So, where is the module?

Thanks.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Rhuvein wrote:dawnrazor, I signed up at the site and I can't find your module, nor do I see your name listed on the society rolls.

So, where is the module?

Thanks.
Rhu, his adventure and his listing is on the Knights of the Crusade area of the site. Not just the Society section. There are two adventures in the KotC Library area now and a three part mini-campaign in the Society Library area. :mrgreen:
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Go0gleplex wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:dawnrazor, I signed up at the site and I can't find your module, nor do I see your name listed on the society rolls.

So, where is the module?

Thanks.
Rhu, his adventure and his listing is on the Knights of the Crusade area of the site. Not just the Society section. There are two adventures in the KotC Library area now and a three part mini-campaign in the Society Library area. :mrgreen:
Thanks, man.

I probably won't pay money for a free module that I haven't read or reviewed.

Odd model for a fan site or am I missing something? :?

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

dawnrazor wrote:
Treebore wrote:So we need to sign into the actual KotC site to get the adventure PDF?
Yes, the Knight level of the Knights of the Crusade site. Apparently, that's the only "legal" way to publish your home made C&C stuff.

I would prefer to publish it on DTRPG (and Lulu for print) as I do with my Swords & Wizardry and Blood & Treasure stuff, but from what I gather, the C&C license doesn't allow that.

Or am I wrong here??

I'm hopeful that you are, as I've put mine up on Lulu (PDF and Print on Demand) specifically for those people who wanted a print version-- a lot of folks prefer something they can hold in their hand to a digital version-- or who were otherwise not Knights in the KotC. If it turns out that's not correct, I'll naturally pull them, but I was under the impression that it just meant you had to go through TLG in order to allow it.
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

dawnrazor
Mist Elf

Post by dawnrazor »

NEWS! The adventure "No Country for Weak Men" in C&C format is now available in print from Lulu!

And if you send me a copy of the receipt as proof of purchase, I will provide you with a free copy of the PDF.

Link to Lulu: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dawnrazor

Cheers from Sweden