Aihrde is finally becoming real to me...

The Worlds of Aihrde (Erde), Inzae, their history, game play and more.
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Aihrde is finally becoming real to me...

Post by slimykuotoan »

...ever since Kayolan started running his old school C&C game, which is based in this setting.

My character Aethelrand lives there, in the far north, at the base o' the Grundlich Mountains.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Aihrde is finally becoming real to me...

Post by Tadhg »

Excellente, slimy.

I was a bit slow to realize the greatness of Aihrde, and it was the A series modules that gave the first hints of that greatness!

I'm a huge fan of DragonLance, Forgotten Realms, Blackmoor and in particular Greyhawk.

But, I think the Trolls hit a grandslam with this campaign world!

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rhuvein wrote:Excellente, slimy.

I was a bit slow to realize the greatness of Aihrde, and it was the A series modules that gave the first hints of that greatness!

I'm a huge fan of DragonLance, Forgotten Realms, Blackmoor and in particular Greyhawk.

But, I think the Trolls hit a grandslam with this campaign world!

:)

Rgr

If I ever DM again, though I'd love to put together my home brew, I'll either run that setting, or for a distant second may run a Celt/Viking world.

I'd modify the time line a bit, expand Tagea's and Brindisium's area a touch. But those are just for personal flavor and not a weakness or flaw in the setting.

It is one of the few settings that I see as alive as FR was back in the day.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Old school C&C was great, it was a lot of fun, and we played by the book using only the 1st-3rd printings of the PHB. I think it's high time I started up another one of these campaigns.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

P.S. Kayolan takes 4-5 years to respond to real-world stuff, but in roleplay environments his responses are practically instantaneous. That's a true gamer!
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

It's getting there for me. I love my old copy of the AWD folio but find the Codex a bit harder to read due mainly to font size...the eyes are not what they used to be these days.... :D
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06